gtky tuesday

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mlpieters, Jul 13, 2010.

1. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

Because I'm nosy like that.

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present)
    2. What is your favorite word?
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday?
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping?
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes?

2. mlpieters

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) the phrase "my bad". really? it makes your error so casual and not really accepting what you did. i wouldn't let my kids say it. they had to say "i'm sorry for _________"

2. What is your favorite word? plethora. don't know why. i just use it at random moments.

3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? great work out at the gym

4. Have you started Christmas shopping? no but dang it Hobby Lobby has their christmas stuff out now!

5. Do you like the color of your eyes? yes.

3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) I think this social trend has gone on forever and will go on forever, but I just hate the social trend of "keeping up with the Jones'" So many things I hate about that!
    2. What is your favorite word? Hmmmm...I might have to go with you Lauren b/c I can't think of another one, but my husband always laughs when I use words like plethora!
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? Saved more than I spent at Target with couponing! Spent $26, saved $27!!! Lots for free! I get ecxited about weird things like that!
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? Heck NO!
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes? Yep - I'll keep 'em!

4. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) when people say THATS HOT !! LOL i hate that and Paris Hilton :hissy
    2. What is your favorite word? Dude..
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? nothing, yesterday was not a really good day
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? hahaha no i wait till last minute but i DO save money every week and shop the week before xmas LOL
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes? they are pale green and unique and yes I do. Its my irish/italian heritage showin'

5. abbysmommy

abbysmommy Cracks herself up!

I hate how casual we have become in general. I'm not saying we should dress to the nines everyday. But, there are some things worth dressing up for, but people don't. My husband took me to WICKED for my birthday, and it was so disappointing to see young people at the music hall in shorts and flip-flops. Ugh! And, don't even get me started on church! Again, you don't have to be all gussied up, but SHOW SOME RESPECT. :hairpol

Well, I've never thought about that. I'll have to get back to you. Haha!

Okay... I'm back. I think it must be "mall-dicker." A friend of ours uses that word to describe all the teenage kids that just hang out at the mall all day with nothing better to do.

My daughter called me from Virginia Beach. She's on vacation with her daddy, and it was great to get to hear her voice. :heartslub

Uh, that would be a big, fat NO.

Just regular, dark brown, but I'll keep 'em. :whoopdedoo

((I'm enjoying having fun with the smileys.) Haha!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  6. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) it may just be here, but going to church in our town seems to be just another appointment on a social calendar for people.

2. What is your favorite word? lauren, plethora is TOTALLY my fave word. i like to say it with a spanish accent. :lol

3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? my son was actually pretty well-behaved yesterday. minimal arguing and he didn't hit/scratch/kick his sister once

4. Have you started Christmas shopping? LMBO heavens no

5. Do you like the color of your eyes? yes

7. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

I really dislike the absence of formality. I remember when going to a play, concert, church etc. was a special thing and my parents always encouraged us to wear our best clothes, shoes etc. Nowadays, kids wear shorts, flip flops, and other crap.

fartsniffer - my BFF says it all the time

I got rid of some emotional baggage and made a new resolve to move forward.

not yet

yes, my eyes are a bluish green and I think they are pretty

8. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

I hate it when you do something nice for someone and they say "You shouldn't have." Yes. I shouldn't have, but I wanted to. It totally discounts the "wanted to" part.

2. What is your favorite word? onomatopoeia - I mean not only does it sound completely cool, but I also love the definition!

3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? We got home safe and sound!
    Dang Manda Kaye. You go girl!!!

4. Have you started Christmas shopping? Ha ha ha ha ha.

5. Do you like the color of your eyes? Sure. It works for me.

9. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) - Bad grammar - maybe not a social "trend" but I hear it ALL the time and it's like nails on a chalk board
    2. What is your favorite word? "Honestly?" I way overuse that
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? Spending the day with hubs and dogs. Didn't do much, but it was just a nice day
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? Oh, hell no. John is a buyer - if he wants it, he buys it, so its impossible to start shopping for him earlier than December 1.
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes?Now I do (they're a deep dark brown). When I was a kid I wanted blue eyes.

10. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

OMG. I want that to be my favorite too! LMAO!!

11. abbysmommy

Go for it, Julie! Haha... Marshall would be honored. ;)

The other one he uses that you'd probably like is "crumbpeckers." Those are the little kids... Abby's age and younger. LOL! He's got quite the regional vocabulary. Haha!

12. Ams

Ams New Member

hahahaa me too. :) that is a perfect way to describe it. :)

on a more serious note--I am not fond of the lack of respect young people have towards older people. They just say and do things now a days that we wouldn't have even dreamed of doing to adults when we were growing up.

on a more silly note---I seriously cannot believe that the 80's fashions are coming back--it was a disaster the first time around, I can't imagine how it will end up this time around. hahaa! I do have to admit that my girls love things that are trends from the 80's though. I just hope that the HUGE hair stays away. :)

1) seriously, 2) plethora, for reals, and 3) (annoyingly even to me) you know, I just say it too much. :)

a clean house (well, it didn't happen to me, I happened to it, but none the less, I like it)

NO WAY!! hahahaa, I am such a procrastinator.

sure thing. a unique hazel green, starts really amber-ish in the middle--then changes to green and ends with a blue ish tone around the outside. I have always liked my eyes. :)

13. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) There's probably a few but I can't think of any certain one. I guess that there's less IRL interaction than before.

2. What is your favorite word? One that I can say or what I say under my breath?!?!? LOL I'd have to say 'Seriously'!

3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? I hit every green light on my way to work.

4. Have you started Christmas shopping? OMG....people start this early?!?!? I envy them. I procrastinate!

5. Do you like the color of your eyes? Yes....they're hazel so depending on what I wear, they change a little.

14. abbysmommy

I love it when that happens!

:happydance2

15. mlpieters

i love that everyone likes their eye color. :)

16. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) - sense of entitlement
    2. What is your favorite word? benjamin
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? only was up from 2a-3:30a rather than all night
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? huh?
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes? yuppers

17. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) I really dislike the trend of spending hoardes of money on children's birthday parties... goody bags? huh??? we never took home anything from birthday parties 'cept for a tummy ache from eating too much ice cream & cake...
    2. What is your favorite word? embarrassed to say it, but it's "crap"
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? I got to meet my new neice!
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? no but actually starting to think about it!
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes? yeah

18. gandcsmama

gandcsmama New Member

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) Helicopter parents and parents who believe their precious tykers can do no wrong and should not have to work for any successes
    2. What is your favorite word? foamy
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday?My girls were fabulous at the water park.
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? Not until after Thanksgiving
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes? Yes, always have.

19. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

1. What social trend do you dislike the most? (past or present) The formal stuff doesn't bother me at all, guess that's why I love California so much. I think the most annoying trend is probably the Helicopter parenting that Kristy mentioned. I have neighbors who are constantly outside watching their 12 year old play and they are always up in my face about what my 8 year old is doing outside. He's a good kid, and is adverse to risk, so I see no reason to hover over him all the time. And I'd like him to move out before he's 30, so I figure I'm doing him and me a favor letting him play without me being out there with him LOL.

2. What is your favorite word? I say "seriously" all the time. Or words not fit for company, LOL.

3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? my dd had no accidents!! yay!! almost done with the toilet training :)

4. Have you started Christmas shopping? nope, i wait until the last minute

5. Do you like the color of your eyes? well, I don't dislike the color, but they are pretty boring.

20. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Can't think of one
    2. What is your favorite word?Awesome or Seriously - I saw those all the time.
    3. What was the best thing that happened to you yesterday? I had lunch at my favorite Mexican place
    4. Have you started Christmas shopping? No way!
    5. Do you like the color of your eyes? I love my eye color.