GTKY: The Scrapping Edition

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by lmccandless, Jan 5, 2019.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP?

I made a scrapbook of my dating relationship with my hubby, starting in 1990. But I really didn't start scrapping as we know it today until 1996 when I was pregnant with my daughter. I started with 8.5x11 and then moved to 12x12 a short time later. Of course, this was all paper. I started digi scrapping in 2007. I've done a paper layout here and there, and some other tangible projects, but I'm pretty much exclusively scrapping digital. I joined TLP on December 15, 2009. I started selling my templates at TLP on January 1, 2016.

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above?

A bit of all of the above, must mostly digital.

3. Favorite thing to scrap?

Layouts about my children and my cat.

4. Least favorite thing to scrap?

I don't think there is anything I don't like scrapping!

5. 2019 scrapping goal?

I'd like to ramp my scrapping up again and be creating something daily. So far, it hasn't panned out. LOL

Soco likes this.
  2. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I was introducted to digital scrapbooking through the Clickin Moms photography forum back in 2010, and I was immediately hooked! I found TLP in 2012.

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Digi only.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? My 5 kids. They are my motivation to scrap. I think that the combo of wanting to preserve memories for them along with the creative outlet/therapy that scrapping provides is what hooked me.

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Photoless pages.

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Just to scrap and participate in lots of challenges!

Soco likes this.
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? Always been a memory keeper in one way or another. "Scrapping" since 2001. I joined TLP in 2009 and it really became home when I started selling here in 2012. :wub
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? My designing is a mix, scrapping is digi all the way.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? Small moments that show my kids' personalities.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Events.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? I'd love to finish MOC, but about half is probably more realistic for me. After that, I'd be thrilled with at least 2 pages a month. :-)

Soco likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz blessed

Over 20 years! I started putting scrapbooks together when I was a teen. I've been at TLP since 2016.
    Started with traditional and then switched completely over to digital in 2008.
    My kids
    Hmmm, probably photoless pages.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    To make a double page layout for every week for our family album (I've done this every year since 2013). And to finish our new house album...it's been in the works for 3 years. I have about 5 pages left!

Soco and rlucasmn like this.
  5. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Since February of 2007
    At TLP since 2010.

I don't do much paper scrapping.
    Disney, my dogs and my husband (in that order, lol)
    About myself
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    I don't really have one. I need to think about it a bit. I should say to SPEND LESS, ha ha. Well that's not going well so far.

Soco likes this.
  6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? Been scrapping since I can't remember when. I think I made a memory book when my 8th grade class went to Springfield. That was long long ago. Then i did actual paper scrapping with die cuts and flowers and ACID FREE supplies! Remember that paper scrappers of old? Then I started P365 and needed a way to scrap those, so I looked into digi. Then I found TLP apparently in april of 2013 and have been 100% digi since then!
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? 100% digi now!
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? hmm, if you look at my gallery you can probably see, but its my fur babies, and my travels. And definitely in that order.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Photos of me...
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? Maybe more layouts with me in them? We shall see where my mood takes me...

Soco likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh I need to come back to read you all!!!
    1. How long have you been scrapping?
    about 12 years-
    And how long at TLP?
    At TLP, shopping provably 10 years or 11, officially, de-lurked and falling in love every day a bit more to this day, it will be 6 years next Month!!!!!!!!!! and last month completed 3 years as Polly!!!!!
    all of the above, though when doing paper, I didn't know it was called Scrabooking, we kept "agendas" we call that what you guys call planners, I would use it as a diary, stapling photos, tickets from concerts, candy/chocolate wrappings, things to do with the day or event, composing with my drawings and pieces of stuff I would make flowers or just grabbing things from whatever I could make into something fun!

my daughter and our outings & travels, but also love AJ, I love to scrap, endlessly.period LOL

It changes from time to time... it has been Easter kits now for a while, in 2014 I made so many Easter pages ...it is taking a while for me to get to love them again LOL
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?

Take more photos, try to scrap chronologically again, and use the Travel Notebook I bought in 2016 and never got to use, I want to make a hybrid journal!

Soco likes this.
  8. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

1. How long have you been scrapping? Paper scrapping -- since I was a teenager but those pages are pretty atrocious! Digi for almost 6 years. And how long at TLP? I joined in 2014 but haven't spent much time here until a designer I CT for moved over here last year.

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Mostly digi but I do have a paper album in the works! I find it paralyzing to drag out the supplies, to try to cut and not make a mistake or change my mind, keep track of the glue, all the reasons I started digit in the first place. BUT I'm trying to scrap a Disney album from before I was much of a scrapper and therefore lack decent quantity or quality photos so I'm trying to make up for it in tactile delights.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? My kids, our travels as an active duty military family. We move a lot so we make it a point to see and do everything we possibly can!

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Honestly, the only time I really struggle is when I have a particular product for one of my creative teams that just doesn't speak to me for one reason or another - a whole lot of photo spot type templates, list making templates/kits, Thanksgiving stuff (remember military family? = teeny tiny Thanksgiving dinner) etc. 99% of the time I love my CT stuff, which is why I CT for the designer in the first place, but I never want to let my teams down so I tend to sit at my screen until I can make it work. That can be draining at times.

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Finish my 2017 Disneyland album (digi) and my 2011 Disney World album (paper). :D

Soco likes this.
  9. blueberries

blueberries In search of the perfect panty

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? Just over ten years all total, and futzing around here off and on since the 2014 MOC.

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Digi. I'm too messy to keep up with actual paper supplies.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? I'm more of an art journal scrapper than memory keeper.

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Bad pictures.

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Honestly, just getting back to it. I jumped in big time with last year's MOC, and kept going with the monthly challenges ... until I lost every bit of my digital life to a bad Windows update/corrupted backup drive. Ten years worth of scrapping supplies, all my photos, 99.9% of the baby pictures of my youngest, everything I'd written in the last ten years ... ugh. I couldn't face coming back here, couldn't face the loss. But you know, new year, new chance, right? Nothing to do but keep on keeping on. Stand back up and start swinging again.

It feels really good to be back at it. I think I've managed to stop crying about it, too. Wins all around.

Soco likes this.
  10. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I’ve been scrapping for about 16-17 years. Seriously started after the birth of my first daughter (who’s a senior this year, gasp!) I’ve been at TLP since Scrapping with Liz moved her store here (2015?); however I’ve only gotten serious with challenges since last year’s MOC.
    Started as paper. Moved to Digi when Creative Memories came out with their software that would work on Mac. After that failed, picked up lessons using Photoshop (Elements), and that turned me totally Digi from that point. I still want to do some paper though, to finish my daughter’s baby books. I’ve never done hybrid.
    My family photos - both the people and the trips we’ve done.
    Picture-less pages; although when I do them, I generally like how they turn out! I just feel I have so many photos to scrap!
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    Finish 2018 Weekly pages; Keep up on 2019 weekly pages; Make 2020 calendars; Create a graduation album for my senior. If I can also finally finish our Disney trip album and start on our Yellowstone adventure album, I’ll be amazed!

Soco likes this.
  11. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

I've always been a memory keeper and I love photography, albums, souvenirs, and storytelling since I can remember, but I only discovered (digi)scrapping in 2007, when my eldest was born and I was trying to make something pretty with her photos. I joined The Lilypad 7 years ago, in January 2012, I was a guest Polly in January 2013 and I became a proud member of the design team in August 2018. :)

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? 100% digi since the beginning. I tried paper once, but I didn't feel comfortable with it. And I love digi! :)

3. Favorite thing to scrap? My girls, everyday life, pocket scrapping.

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? I'm not sure, maybe about me layouts and art journaling...

5. 2019 scrapping goal? lol! Just scrapping! I've made only one layout in the last 6 months!!! I miss it so much but I can't find enough time to do it all. :( I absolutely want to finish a bunch of albums I have begun and not completed yet.

12. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? Paper scrapping for about 16 years, and digital for about 10 years. I registered at TLP in 2010.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? I've been pretty much 100% digital for about 10 years. Occasionally, I'll dip my toes into the paper pond but not too often. I've gotten too used to the fun stuff about digi like undo, recoloring and resizing.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? My kids mostly. I've also been known to scrap the furry ones in my house.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Nothing really... I'm all over the board - pages from my childhood, scanned heritage photos of my grandparents, recent texts from the kids, dog playing in the yard, photo-less, art journaling, you name it
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? To scrap more than I have in the last several years.

Soco likes this.
  13. AJK

AJK But I don’t want to go among mad people!

1. How long have you been scrapping?
    Since 1997, if you don't count my high school original "scrapbooks"-
    (ya know, the old school ones, LOL!)
    I even had my HS Spanish students make scrapbooks.

And how long at TLP? 2012
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? ALL.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? Family and Art Journal
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? none- but I do avoid some styles (white on white, lol & minimalist) and love others!!
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? Enjoy it and not stress over it!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Soco likes this.
  14. tracymonica

tracymonica Well-Known Member

Not really all that sure how long I paper scrapped but I have been doing digital scrap-booking since about the summer of 2013. I started out paper scrapping and had a Creative Memories Consultant. At first I used Artisan software now I use PSE 2018 almost exclusively and some Paint Shop Pro 2019. I moved in 2006 and gave away my paper scrap-booking supplies. A few years later I discovered digital scrap-booking :) I have been at TLP since 2016, mostly lurking for awhile.

Digi only now

Vintage photos, city shots, children

Christmas and Birthday's

5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    My goal is to enjoy my scrap-booking hobby :)

tinkerbell1112 and Soco like this.
  15. AJK

AJK But I don’t want to go among mad people!

[​IMG]

16. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Well-Known Member

Let's share our scrapping stories! Getting to know you, the scrapping edition...

1. How long have you been scrapping? 20 years And how long at TLP? 4 maybe
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? All the above
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? Trips
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? November Canadian here and Thanksgiving kits in November are creativity killers
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? Get my daughters Make a Wish Trip to NYC scrapped from November. Then if I’m brave enough finish scrapping her trip to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for some cardiac surgeries from June.

17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I've scrapped for about 20+ years on-and-off, but digital for 11. This will be my 8th TLP anniversary in Sept but I "lurked" for a bit before joining.​
    I used to do paper, but I'm 100% digital now! I could never go back.​
    Well, I only scrap what I want to scrap, even the tough stuff. But my fave is scrapping my kids because I want them to have a record of their lives. They may not remember every trip or activity, but they'll know I cared about it and they'll re-live it via my pages and albums. Plus we live away from extended family, so they love looking at the albums to "see" everyone.​
    See above: I only scrap what I want lol, so there is no "least favorite." Makes life easy. I will admit that I scrap photos of some people more than others.​
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    I want to make a grandchildren-focused album for my mom. It'll probably be her Christmas present this year. That gives me time to scrap and it gives my kids time to meet cousin #3, who is due in early June!​

18. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Since 2008, so 10 years! Wow!
    Tried paper, but my OCD wouldn't let me ever finish a LO! I'm 99% digi
    My kids of course
    LO that focus on me
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    Complete the 2010 book I am currently working on and maybe even all 2011 pics

19. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I've been scrapping since 2005. I've been at TLP since 2012.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Mostly digi, a short stint in paper and some hybrid through the years.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? My kids.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Holidays.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? Finish my 2016 scrapbook.

20. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Let's share our scrapping stories! Getting to know you, the scrapping edition...

Let's see, I started making modge podgy smash books (though they certainly weren't called smash books back then) in HS - back in the early 90s. I started physcial scrapbooking around 2001 and moved to digital around 2011 when I asked for the Creative Memories software for Christmas. I joined the TLP on 12/31/11 but posted my first lo on 1/10/14 and don't think I started playing in the forum until even later than that.

Now, only digital. I don't have the time or space to dig out my paper stash. I still have some, though it's been 8 years. My daughter slowly digs through it for different projects for school. I've also donated a ton to teachers over the years.

Disney vacations and my kids

Daily Life

5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    Because I now print books instead of single pages, I have to actually complete a project before I can print a project. I am literally on the cusp of finalizing like 7 books. I need to focus and get those things completed - it's the stuff I'm not a fan of, like digging out a class picture and scanning it and adding it, adding a few QR codes, reviewing pages, and a couple books are like 2-3 pages from being done. In this are about 3 of my sons school years, 2 of my daughters, 2 family years, and 2 Disney vacations - I guess that's more like 9 books. haha