GTKY: The Scrapping Edition

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by lmccandless, Jan 5, 2019.

1. cinderella

cinderella Paper and Ribbons and Bows ... oh my!

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I started again in September 2016. I'm active at TLP since October 2016. I got really hooked after MOC 5.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Digi #nomess. I did some hybrid crafting lately, and it reminded me why I love digi.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? Quotes in photoless pages.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? PL type of stuff.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? To enjoy every page of it!

Soco likes this.
  2. carrie1977

carrie1977 jello is a hard no

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I've been digiscrapping since 2009. I posted my first TLP layout in 2012.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Only digi. My ONE paper layout was craptastic! :giggle
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? My kids...or my animals...or the beach.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Parties...mainly birthdays. IDK why I'm so bad at those!
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? I'd love to make my layouts look more realistic like Isa. Anyone know a way to live inside her brain? :giggle

Soco and SeattleSheri like this.
  3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Nope, no beatings! But, I do miss the actual scrapping when I don't get to it for a while, so for my own enjoyment, I would like to carve out more scrap time! Thanks Lisa! :)

londoncuppa likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP?
    Hmmmm.... in I think 1997 I started Stampin with SU, and became a demonstrator. I found digi in 2004 but was so intimidated, I stopped playing with the software. Five years later, I tried again, and I never looked back. Found TLP in 2012 but only hung out here full time after Amber (LaBau) moved here. It's been home since!
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above?
    Stamping, paper, hybrid, and now all digital.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap?
    Right now, my boys, Benson the pup and sunsets.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap?
    Specific Events - holidays, vacations, etc.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    To carve out a little time every week to scrap for me. That was lost in 2017.

Soco likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I just fell down the Pinterest rabbit hole of your type text page - very cool, & I'd know your pages & photos of mushrooms anywhere!

ArmyGrl likes this.
  6. JenniferHignite

JenniferHignite Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? 17 years! Started paper scrapbooking with the birth of my oldest and went digital with the birth of my youngest, 7 years later and never looked back!!

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Digi :D

3. Favorite thing to scrap? My 3 boys, everyday life & our pets!

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Sports photos! There are not enough good kits that I love and I have honestly 10,000 photos from each sport each season! I have been creating 8x8 photo books of each boy from each sport each season, but I am years behind as of right now :(

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Scrapbook more!! Last year I did MOC6 and completed the challenge and maybe scrapped another 30 layouts for the rest of the year. I miss this hobby of mine and want to make sure it remains a passion and a priority in my daily life!

Soco likes this.
  7. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? It will be 15 years in March! I started 3/04, when my oldest was 5 months old. My order history in the store shows I've been shopping here since 2/2010. My TLP forum and gallery join date show as Jan 2014, so it was probably for MOC 2! I'm one of the part time TLP'ers who comes out of the woodwork during MOC then pops in off and on throughout the year.:blush

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? 100% Digi. My first layout was paper, with just the journaling and title done on the computer. My second layout was hybrid, with most things done on the computer, printed out, and pasted down along with a few purchased elements. By my 3rd layout I was a digiscrapper and never looked back.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? Photos with a great story, nice photos of my kids (vs. the "I don't want to be in a photo" scowls), photos that capture a relationship between the subjects, Disney pages

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Anything that I have an overwhelming number of photos for! Usually vacations and special events fall in that category. I've also grown to dislike group projects, like when I'm scrapping a calendar or photobook for the extended family. I find it stressful to try to use everyone's photos equally, feature each of the cousins in about the same number of photos, etc. I love the finished result, but I put a lot more pressure on myself when I'm scrapping to please 4 families than when I'm scrapping for myself and my kids!

5. 2019 scrapping goal? In 2016 I switched from printing individual pages to printing photo books. It has entirely changed my scrapping workflow, since now I need to focus on a given time period until it's 100% done and ready for printing. It took me a few years to adjust, to learn to speed up my Project Life process, etc. I'm about a year behind, currently finishing my last few 2017 layouts and beginning 2018. My goal this year is to catch up, or at least get to only 6 months behind. During MOC when I'm scrapping a layout a day, that goal seems so realistic. But somehow the momentum doesn't last all year, so every January I'm back to square one and setting the same goal again!

Soco likes this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra Step aside, Arwen!!

I've been digitally scrapping since discovering Ali Edwards' digital AAM layouts over at 2Peas in February 2003. I will hit my SIXTEENTH anniversary next month! That's almost half my life. #digirideordie #digi4lyfe

I've been at TLP since the doors opened. I haven't always been super active but I am a Grade A lurker.

Just digital, thanks.

Stories that make me smile or make me think.

Birthdays & Christmas. SO BORING. Oooh, look there's presents! Ooh, look there's dessert! *falls asleep* And they happen every year! THE WORST.

Mind you, my favorite project of the year is my Countdown to Christmas album so I'm not a Christmas hater... just a Christmas Day scrap-hater. :giggle

5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    I am halfway through my Countdown to Christmas album from 2018. I will pick it back up after MOC & get it printed. Then I will have every Christmas from 2011 until now scrapped except for 2014.

Otherwise I just want to have fun this year. Scrapping more of the pages I want to scrap vs. the pages I feel like I should scrap. More stories and less events. I'd like to get 2 pages done a week.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Soco and umyesh like this.
  9. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Active Member

1. I've scrapped since high school, so over 30 years!! I converted to digital about ten years ago. I still have a lot of paper supplies,.. I've been here since Dec. 2015. I love frogs and love the name here. hee hee
    2. Mainly digital anymore. Wish I'd converted sooner
    3. Favorite thing to scrap is my kids and pets!!
    4. Any good photo works for me. It's hard when the photos are not good,..
    5. My youngest just graduated from high school last Spring. I have almost all my paper photos scanned. My goal is to organize my hard drive and back it up so I don't lose anything. And then create a master plan to get my 4 kids all scrapped. I'm so behind. I scanned all the 12" x 14" books I had made for them until 2001. Four young children made it impossible to scrap for a while. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Soco likes this.
  10. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

1. How long have you been scrapping?
    I have been digital scrapping since 2007 and I have been buying kits from the TLP since 2011.
    And how long at TLP?
    I followed Rebecca McMeen and Tangie Baxter in 2016 and became a member of the forum and gallery in 2016.

Mainly digi

I love art dolls and digital art!

I don't have a least favorite.

5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    To scan photos that I took before I had a digital camera

Soco likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I started paper scrapping in 2000, then switched to digi in 2006. I joined TLP in 2008! woo-hoo!

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? I started with paper, now I'm pretty much all digi, but I do a dabble in hybrid.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? I love to scrap the tiny details, like funny things my kids say or some weird phase they are in, etc... I feel like those things are the things I will forget the easiest, and they are always my favorite pages to look at years later.

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Birthdays and Christmas

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Just keep scrapping! :agree

Soco likes this.
  12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Not sure I still have anything formal, but as I remember it, TLP started out as a store only (and gallery?), with Natalie Braxton, Amy Wolff and Amy Martin. Somewhere in the beginning, Kate Hadfield came on board, and I believe someone else, for a total of five. I knew Natalie from a separate team/board, and weaseled my way onto an informal CT for her product. There was a small, backend only forum for the designers and CT members, and at some point, Amy, Amy and Natalie decided to give a forum a try, and added a few more designers. At that point, they decided a site CT was probably in order, and the rest is history! I haven't left. My account shows I joined in April 2007.

Soco, Justagirl, jenn mccabe and 2 others like this.
  13. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? 15 years. Started with paper, moved to digital somewhere along the way. TLP since 2011 apparently.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Oh, I already answered that. All of the above, although I am almost always digital now, though I still own a formidable hoard of paper goods, even after purging 75% of it.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? I love them all equally.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? I can't think of anything. If I don't want to scrap it, I'm not going to. lol
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? I am not thinking past MoC. Baby steps here. :)

Soco likes this.
  14. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? Officially since 2004, although I have a 3 ring binder with some ephemera from when my husband and I started dating from at least 10 years before that. I haven't been at TLP very long; I kind of pop in and out since I signed up many years ago.

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Digital, paper, and the Project Life app, which I guess is really digital, but it falls into a different category in my scrapping world.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? All of it; I don't scrap non-favorite things. I'm too far behind! LOL

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? I'm a multiphoto scrapper, so if I only have one photo for something, I'm at complete loss. I try to bundle a bunch of them with other "orphan" photos when that happens, and *sometimes* I can even tie them all together, but as a general rule, they are my least favorite.

5. 2019 scrapping goal? To print and assemble my 2005 albums, finish my 2006 pages, and maybe do enough of 2016 to make a book. (Those aren't typos; that is really what I am working on.) I tried to do a sort of 2018-as-it-happens album, and made it to mid-March before I fell behind. I don't know if I want to try that again for 2019. That was a bit of a letdown, that I couldn't keep it up!

Soco likes this.
  15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

1. How long have you been scrapping? Since I was a kid I had the old time scrapbook that I would tape papers, news articles cards etc in. And how long at TLP? 8 years I think now.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Digi
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? My old photos and slides.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Dark and depressing things.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? Just to enjoy life and scrap those moments. My 40th HS reunion is in August so I will go back "home", take lots of photos and scrap those moments.

Soco likes this.
  16. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I started scrapping when my daughter was 4. So 14 years or so. I have been at TLP since Christmas Eve, 2015.

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? I have dabbled in all of the above. I am mainly digi though. I will print cards and I enjoy doing iron-on pillowcases and tshirts for Christmas presents.

3. Favorite thing to scrap? Moments. I am definitely not an events scrapper. I have to whittle things down for trip albums and events with a lot of pictures. I tend to scrap tiny stories that happen day to day. Nothing too eventful on the outside.

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Events. Christmas morning (shudder). I'd rather just tell a funny or silly story with one picture than scrap a double pager with all those pictures mostly the same.

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Print books. It's so fun to see the kids get the books out and flip through them. It's also cool to show someone something specific when asked. I am caught up printing DYD. So now I need to decide if I'm printing Project Life style or maybe arranging my CY365 images into year books. We will see!

Soco likes this.
  17. KELLIE R GUZMAN

KELLIE R GUZMAN Active Member

So I just read this...

1. How long have you been scrapping? I started as a paper scrapper in 2000 and picked up digi scrapping in 2010.
    And how long at TLP? I joined in July of 2018 but only recently became more active.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? After I was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 I just never went back to paper so I have a scrap store (I mean room) covered in dust.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? Family, activities we do, my son/baseball, school and just everyday silly.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? emotions, I think.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? #1 Complete 2018 pages #2 Keep up with 2019

Soco likes this.
  18. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? I've been scrapping since 2005, but only been here at TLP since March of last year

2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? Started with paper and went digi in 2015

3. Favorite thing to scrap? My children!

4. Least favorite thing to scrap? Can't think of anything I don't like scrapping!

5. 2019 scrapping goal? Have fun!

Soco likes this.
  19. djp332

djp332 Dude. They're on your head ...

1. How long have you been scrapping? And how long at TLP? Since 2007. At TLP since December 2015.
    2. Digi, paper, hybrid, all of the above? I started as a paper scrapper, switched to Digital in 2010.
    3. Favorite thing to scrap? Our travels.
    4. Least favorite thing to scrap? My daughter's trips to Europe when they don't include me.
    5. 2019 scrapping goal? Just keep scrapping!

Soco likes this.
  20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I have been scrapping since highschool in some sort or another! Then college happened & I had ZERO time for hobbies so my dental hygiene portfolio was scrapbook style! ;) I paper scrapped until 2009 when I had my daughter. I still do paper cards & have lots of those supplies!

I've been at TLP since 2015 when Leah moved here :) Can't get rid of me now! lol!

See above!

Kids & my dog! ;)

'feelings' ;) journal-type challenges!

5. 2019 scrapping goal?
    Print DYD, Finish Disney Album & wrap up 2016 pics so I'm only 2 years behind! ;)

Soco likes this.