GTKY MOC6 Edition

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 3, 2018.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

1. How long have you been scrapping?
    Paper since 1999, digital since 2009.

2. When did you join TLP?
    September 2012, but became more active when Amber opened her shop here! :)

3. What's your scrapbooking style?
    Clean, organized... I should probably just answer Liz's style, lol, since I use her templates mostly.

4. Last book you read?
    Currently reading Hemlocked and Loaded, a witchy mystery. (I love paranormal/supernatural mysteries that have multiple books in the series, especially since I like to get to know characters).

5. Last movie/tv show you watched?
    Independence Day is on TV.... not sure who picked, lol!

6. SIX words to describe yourself:
    Logical, Loyal, Trustworthy, Introverted, Odd, Pollyanna

Tangie Baxter, Sokee, bbymks5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Maree

Maree Member

Digitally scrapping for around 10 years now.

January 2016

I go through phases, currently I am into the artistic phase, but it will depend on the photo/s, the kit I decide to use ( though I tend to use more than one) and my mood :)

4. Last book you read?
    A book on herbs..

TV Show Vampire Dairies via netflix and Moana I think it is called.

6. SIX words to describe yourself

Introvert, creative, reliable, honest, animal lover, emphatic

3. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

Gosh, I don't even know...at least 8 years.
    Awhile back, but just recently started to interact more with challenges and posting in the gallery.
    I like to scrap a mix of styles. I'm not quite sure how I would define mine. Although, I do love to scrap the most with mixed media/artsy stuff.
    4. Last book you read?
    Defiant Queen by Meghan March
    Saving Hope (tv)/The Help (movie)
    Introvert, Outspoken, Creative, Book addict, Memory Maker, and Mom

Tangie Baxter, bbymks5 and KarenB like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my husband bought me a digital camera in 2001. I started then with the adoption of our first child, using power point to make slides I printed.bhahhwa

August 30, 2009! yikes, I think that is when it first opened, but I didn't stay until a few months before the first MOC. LM and Mirjam opened up here and I had begun CTing for them both.
    I won a guest POLLY spot, and chained myself to the backroom. lol

I love to tell stories, with words, the photo, elements...just that what ever the page is, a story comes off it! I adore art journaling the process of it, making the page, but never do a thing with final page.

4. Last book you read? A John Grisham, The Appeal? I think? I might be listening to that one? I reread Magic Art of Tidying Up Mari Komo's book?

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? I youtube rich/poor family swap from the BBC? am a bit addicted to British shows.

JOYful, HOPEful, Enthusiastic, Caring, Encouraging, Nurturing

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

digi- 2009 paper-1999 (still make paper cards!)

"Kitchen Sink" ;) As in throw it all on a page! lol!

4. Last book you read?
    Great book- The Lemon Orchard by Louanne Rice

We watch all the kids baking championship shows!

*smiley *friendly *helpful *kind *crafty *short ;)

6. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

I grew up scrapbooking, but digi since 2006- when my youngest was born. When we got our first digital camera, I knew I wanted to find something new- there was no way I wanted to print all those photos to scrap! My best friend had found digi and she taught me what I needed to know!
    Not sure. I had joined quite a while ago (back when SM was still around), but my username was switched and I lost the original information.
    the more photos, the better!
    4. Last book you read?
    Dee Henderson The Rescuer
    Movie- Star Wars the Last Jedi. TV show-Amazing Race
    creative
    mom
    planner
    quiet
    good listener
    friend

7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

1. How long have you been scrapping? since 1998 but digi for the last 12 or so years
    2. When did you join TLP? 6 years ago in a few weeks
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Simple but inspiration mainly from paper scrapbooking
    4. Last book you read? umm nothing for recreation, probably a job hunting book of some sort
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? House Rules - an Australian Home Reno show. Hoping to see the movie Wonder next week though.
    6. SIX words to describe yourself Happy, determined, passionate, strong, short, positive

8. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Since I was a teenager. I was all into traditional paper scrapping and signed-up to be a Creative Memories >then> Close to My Heart Consultant.
    Started doing digital just before my daughter was born in 2009, and haven't looked back. I have held on to the paper scrapping tightly didn't want to let go of that particular me, but I just don't do any. As of this year I am stopping the Consultant thing and going all out Digi, without the guilt of not-buying paper scrapping supplies.

Join TLP end of 2015 after Scrap Orchard closed down BUT right in time for MOC!!!

Outside of making a lot of 6x4 mini pages at the moment, I'm not exactly sure. I am not a huge clustered, but also not too minimalist. And I like squares and blocked layouts...

4. Last book you read?
    Do crochet pattern books count?
    I read the first chapter of Marie Kondo's cleaning book, but it really isn't me and it ain't gonna happen.
    Oh and yesterday I read Mr. Brave...

My Little Pony

Creative, Tech Savvy, Impatient, A Tryer, Easy Amused, and Apparently Not Good At Counting Words.

9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

1. How long have you been scrapping? Technically, I started back in 1964. I used to get my mom's magazines when she was done with them, cut out pictures that I liked and glue them to paper, then staple the pages to make a book. In high school, I was more of a journaler. My first true scrapbooking started on 9/12/01 when I was at a Creative Memories class. I started digital in 2008.

2. When did you join TLP? December 22, 2015

3. What's your scrapbooking style? It varies. I tend toward clean and simple, but I do love using paint splatters and scatters.

4. Last book you read? I'm almost done with The Long and Short of It by Jodi Taylor.

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? At the movies? The Last Jedi. I've been re-watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix.

6. SIX words to describe yourself: Leader, introvert, reader, determined, intelligent, creative

10. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I started as a digi scrapper. It was in 2007.

October 1, 2010

I adapt my style to what I am working on. I love pocket style and minimalistic with a bit of artsy and a pop of color.

4. Last book you read?
    If you aren't reading Outlander, you should be. I am on book 4, Drums of Autumn. I have the shadowhunter series and GOT purchased as well.

I am watching Harry Potter right now. I've also been watching Outlander today. We started the Crown a few days ago.

Loyal, Passionate, Traditional, Sensitive, Quiet, Distracted (I had to count the words several times to make sure how many I had.)

11. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

That is a very good answer, and totally fits for me too, LOL!!! :giggle:giggle:giggle

Tangie Baxter and Angela Toucan like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

1. How long have you been scrapping? I've always said I've been scrapping since 1996. That's when I started making my own scrapbook about high school. However, I found the modern day equivalent of a Smash Book, and All About Me Scrapbook dating back to elementary!! So, 21 years officially, 24 years really! And Digi? This will be my 5th year.
    2. When did you join TLP? I joined TLP in Dec. 2013. I wanted to play in MOC in 2014! And I did!
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Hmmm. Not minimilist typically. Mostly traditional, paper based.
    4. Last book you read? At all? Ivy and Bean with my kid. For me? Fast to the table freezer cookbook. I think. I can't remember if I read the cookbook or listbook (Listful Thinking) last. Finished? Delusion in Death - J.D. Robb
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? The X-Files! The new episode dropped tonight! (Although, I'm sure @michelepixels would be thrilled to know I'm watching Supernatural while scrapping)
    6. SIX words to describe yourself: Kind. Creative. Analytical. Blunt. Curious. Autodidact.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I haven't been able to get into that one! I've started the first 5 chapters like 4 times? Sigh. I really want to though!

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

about 12 or 13 years

Nov 2017

not sure I have one, I like my layouts to tell a story

4. Last book you read?
    One Night with the King by Tommy Tenny

We don't have TV.
    The last DVD I watched was A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart.

tired, intense, loyal, creative, logical, blessed

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Since my daughter was about 6m.o. i went digi (after a year or so of paper) so 12-ish years digi...

Oct 10, 2010 (my DH's b'day apparently i registered here)

Paper-y eclectic (it's a thing) & pockety - i go through phases of preferring pocket style without plastic pockets sometimes though

4. Last book you read?
    Mountain Story

Travelers S2 on netflix atm

indecisive, reliable, introvert, mum, shutterbug, snarky

16. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

1. How long have you been scrapping? I'd honestly say since High School, though I didn't know what I was doing at the time, and it's more "smash" books from then. Formally scrapbooking since around 2001/2002 when a friend and I took a class at a local Scrapbook store. I switched from traditional to digital somewhere around 2010/2011. I honestly don't remember when. I decided I was too busy to go to the stores to scrapbook anymore and wanted something convenient at home. :)

2. When did you join TLP? according to TLP,

though I don't know that I really started participating here until 2015. Even then sporadically until MOC 2016.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Streamlined - pocket - straight. Lots of straight lines. less fluff.

4. Last book you read? Last book I completed was #5 in Outlander, The Fiery Cross. Last book I actually read (last night) was United as One by Pittacus Lore (book #7 in I am Number 4)

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Rebels (Star Wars show on Disney XD) with my kids :)

6. SIX words to describe yourself... tired, to the point, persistent, loyal, sarcastic, logical

Tangie Baxter, bbymks5 and KarenB like this.
  17. suetr

suetr Active Member

1. How long have I been scrapping? Since I was in elementary school in the late 60's I started saving things (omg that just made me feel waaaay old) and putting them in albums. So it's been a long time. Currently going through family archive photos and filling in the gaps!

2. When did you join TLP? The forum? a few days ago ! Been shopping here for several years tho!

3. What's your scrapbooking style? A little bit of everything, some super clean, some grunge, some lots of stuff, layouts, pockets, project life...whatever it takes!

4. Last book I read? Currently reading Artemis by Andy Weir and Slow Knitting by Hannah Theisen (want to knit all. the. things. ) Just finished The Gift of an Ordinary Day: A Mother's Memoir by Katrina Kenison (If you have high school age kids, it's a must read!)

5. Last movie/tv show I watched? Fixer Upper last night

6. Six Words to describe yourself: seriously sleep deprived multitasking mom of teenagers

18. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Oh, goodness ... 18-ish years, or so.

Six years ago on May 6, 2012. :-)

I think I'm a blend of traditional and "artsy." I really like the linear look that traditional pages offer, and LOVE all of the masking and blending you find in artsy pages.

4. Last book you read?
    Sleep Technology Review. LOL! I am in the process of earning my RPSGT credential.

The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey (hubby and I are HUGE Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit fans!).

Blessed. Sensible. Sincere. Passionate. Loyal.

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

1. How long have you been scrapping? I started with paper in 2000, digital in 2006

2. When did you join TLP? I joined the forum in June 2008 and I think I started shopping just slightly before that. :)

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Slightly organized chaos :giggle

4. Last book you read? Stillhouse Lake for our January book club. I'm also reading a book about Cezanne right now.

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Spiderman Homecoming with my 11 year old. It was great!

6. SIX words to describe yourself? Artsy, Inquisitive, Introvert, Moody, Helpful, Cluttered

20. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

1. How long have you been scrapping? Paper scrapping in 2007, digital scrapping in 2009.
    2. When did you join TLP? December 2015
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Lots of pictures on double-page layouts.
    4. Last book you read? I just finished Lilac Girls.
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Law & Order SVU last night.
    6. SIX words to describe yourself Creative, moody, quiet, smart, confused, inquisitive