GOT

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Katherine B, Jun 2, 2014.

1. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Oh yes I heard of it in it's full form lol,never read the books either

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I was SO angry when I watched this week's episode. For so many reasons all at the same time. I yelled at the tv....at 11:00 at night. I yelled. My husband then laughed at me :giggle

All I can say is Jaime better figure out some way to save his brother. I don't know how I'll keep watching!!

And yes, the actor playing Theon is amazing! I think that every time I watch because I find myself believing him whole-heartedly.

3. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

I was completely devastated by this weeks episode. And I agree, Jaime better find a way to save Tyrion, he HAS to find a way to save Tyrion! If they kill Tyrion off I just might stop watching. :huh

And Cersei needs to die!

4. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

Absolutely THIS <3

5. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I have got to start watching this show. I've heard so many good things about it, I feel like I'm missing out. And I hate to miss out. ;-)

6. Katherine B

You are soOoooooo missing out, Jen! Seriously!

7. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

Jen you SOOO need to watch! It's a really fabulous show. I only started watching to appease my husband (we made a deal, I'd watch one of "his" shows with him and he'd watch one of mine with me), but I'm totally sucked into it now. It's, quite honestly, the only reason we have HBO. I'll cancel it as soon as the season is over. :) Before we had cable, we subscribed *just* for the 3 months that the show was on. Sad... but true. ;)

8. AmyG

AmyG Member

HAHA us too! I'll cancel when the 3 month deal is over too! I do like the show Silicon Valley but not enough to shell out the monthly fee.

I got an email from Amazon today about GRRM's newest book coming out in July! Excited!

9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

She's plays the perfect villian -- the show wouldn't be the same without her. She creates so much of the tension of the show that GOT wouldn't be the same without her.

I agree with everyone Tyrion is crucial to the show's success. I also think he's really broken down stereotype barriers for what a height-challenged actor can play - he's brilliant. For those that have read the books...does Tyrion die this early in the show?

And I also agree - the actor playing Theon (Alfie Allen) is amazing and totally believable. I hope Theon breaks through this horrible conditioning and ends up reclaiming a bit of who he was before.

Apparently the directors like to play practical jokes on some of the crew and Alfie is a common target. They once handed out the next set of scripts that had Theon being killed off shortly after the burning of Winterfell, and apparently Alfie flipped out and start cursing saying didn't the directors actually read the books. It was all a big practical joke.

Also, the actor playing Joffrey says he is leaving big-production acting - he dislikes the way his life has changed with all the fame and wants to go back to a quieter life. Too bad, because he was totally believable as the disturbed, petulant monster Joffrey.
    [video=youtube;2PUefiJBJQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUefiJBJQQ[/video]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  10. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

It's on Sky Atlantic Karen! Monday nights - you need to watch from the beginning though!

I watch it and almost wish I hadn't read the books before so that all the twists and turns would be a surprise to me!

11. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

ohh thankyou the blurb from the books are just not attracting me lol

12. RebeccaH

Us exactly! We cancel as soon as GOT is over and then re-subscribe when next season rolls around!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We only get HBO for the summer and then cancel til the next year.

14. RebeccaH

Ack! Heather! How I wish my internet were worth a pile of poo so I could actually watch that video!! *buffering*buffering* SOOOO aggravating!

And I could not agree with you more on every account.

Cersei is such a great source of tension. More than that, she is such a great depiction of those elements of human nature that we don't like to be faced with. Maybe that's why so many of us dislike her so much...she makes us uncomfortable.

And Peter Dinklage has done an incredible job with Tyrion's character. I love that watching him, you're so drawn into the character and his complexities, that as the viewer you no longer see his height, but him as a person. That is exactly the way we should see people, and he does that for Tyrion.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  15. AmyG

AmyG Member

HeatherB, I saw Jack Gleason was retiring and just thought, NOOO YOU HAVE A GIFT! I also couldn't belive that Maisie Williams (love her name), who plays Arya, is a new actor, having never done any major work before GoT!

Not sure if y'all will like this, I loved it, it's a Bad Lip Reading version of GoT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Two episodes behind!! I have read the books and it still shocks me every week. One of the best shows ever...

17. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I've read most of the books, I started to get bored with it by the last book, plus, the next one has been written yet and I wasn't ready to get to a cliff hanger and not know what happens next. So I'm reading it super-slow. However, I did know what was going to happen, and despite that, I was shocked and could not even look at the scene. I literally squeezed my eyes shut, but couldn't block out the sounds going straight from the headphones into my ears....and then I started yelling too!

I have read enough to know the outcomes of a number of characters, but they do change it up a bit on the TV, so it still keeps me guessing, and despite it's gore and SHUDDER-ICK factor, I keep watching!

18. Katherine B

Those of you who have read the books ... does Tyrion die? I just hafta know.

19. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

No Spoilers! No No no eeeeeeeeek! Hahahaha :D

20. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I'm not telling!!!