Got You Covered!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 6, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Get ideas and inspiration for covers for your books you create on today's blog.
    From this
    [​IMG]
    to this:
    [​IMG]

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So sweet! Will you ever go back and redo the early ones, the ones in the binders?

3. AnneofAlamo

I don’t think so. But I am trying to make a book for each of my bigs. A life book

BevG likes this.
  4. BevG

Ah. I did a lifebook for my adopted daughter many years ago, like when she was 4. Now that she is 18 I should share the full story with her. There are some details that were not included in the preschool version and I have some speculations too about some things she endured/experienced.

Frumpje likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

We were lucky to reconnect with 3 of my kids bio family. One aunt only 16 at time had the where with all to grab photo albums from her grammas house after her funeral. She had baby photos and so much more she gave me. On my list of things to scrap. Lol
    Adoption stories have good parts, but there is a pain and trauma we can never quite grasp. Hugs to you momma!

6. BevG

Hugs back at you!! That is so special. The earliest photo I have of Mei is from her abandonment listing in the newspaper; she was 12 months old. She was only 4 days old when the orphanage got her.

7. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Omg! I so love this post! I also decorate covers! And I dont care so much that they dont match! My yearbooks and vacation books are all 12 x 12! I just love a printed book! Go Anne! Love your pics!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Fabulous post, Anne!! Thanks for the fantastic inspiration!!

9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

What a great article Anne! I love those I-spy covers - very clever and such a fun idea!

My latest book (2019) I forgot to update the spine image and it says 2011. I'm going to have to take a sharpie and change that last 1 to a 9!. So double check what you have written for your spine before printing your book (I know I will in the future!). :)

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love it!!! Similar progression here. I have a mix and match over albums and covers and sizes. I sort of wish they looked all pretty and cohesive and stylish...but they are loved and looked at ALL THE TIME! And that's what matters.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  11. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

This is really cool Anne!