good rad lab recipes

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by sucali, Feb 18, 2014.

1. sucali

sucali sucali

I bought rad lab some time ago and really like it because it's included in my photoshop which makes it easy.
    But I still didn't find recipes that look as good as f.e. my pretty presets for lightroom.
    Which are your favorite rad lab recipes?

2. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I just recently got the free ones from their FB page, but other than that, I have two of my own that I use and generally make them up as I go, that way they fit the current photo best. :)

3. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I downloaded a bunch of the free ones when I first got the program, but I've decided it's better to just make my own. They always need so much tweaking to look good.

4. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

oh, what's 'rad lab'?!

5. Liz

Liz The Poster Child for Minimalistic Beauty

My faves are Claireify, lights on, grandma's tap shoes, get faded, skinny jeans (If you use the skinny jeans filter in pictapgo, you'll like this one, it's pretty much the same thing!). I use a combo of those and never at 100% strength. Have fun experimenting Susanne!

If you prefer LR though, you should check out Replichrome by Get Totally Rad. Ever since I got those presets I hardly use radlab anymore!

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

7. asali

asali Mad for Marzipan

I agree with Liz. I got Replichrome from Lightroom and I love them so much I haven't even thought about Rad Lab. I think that if you put rad Lab recipes in Pinterest you can find many ideas there.

8. suefalstaff

suefalstaff suefalstaff

If you're interested in trying RadLab out, Andrea ... they actually offer a 14 day free trial. Details --> here <--

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hmmm....Replichrome....I'll have to check that out! I mostly use skinny jeans, clairify, oh snap, lux soft, montecito, iron mouse and flirt (a mixture of all of them).

10. TeaWithLemon

TeaWithLemon Well-Known Member

11. sucali

sucali sucali

Liz and Wendy...thank you-I will try them!!!

And no, I love that Rad Lab is included in Photoshop so that I do not have to open my Lightroom for a photo treatment!
    I have beautiful lightroom presets but I prefer to only use Photoshop!

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Thx Wendy. I bookmarked that page and will download later. I need to first figure out how to get them into my radlab. I haven't added any additional ones other than what came with it originally.

13. sucali

sucali sucali

This is very ease Rae, you only have to click on "import" and select the saved new recipes!

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Oh...that is easy LOL. I'll try loading them later then. It'll be fun to try out a few new recipes. Radlab is pretty much the only editing I use these days.

15. livelifejoyfully

livelifejoyfully New Member

Do you use lightroom or photoshop the most for photo editing?
    Which is the easiest? I still don't have lightroom, but thinking of buying it.
    Thanks! Sue

16. sucali

sucali sucali

When I have many photos (after vacation or special event) to edit and to crop then I use Lightroom. With lightroom you can edit and save big photo series very quick.
    When I work on a layout then I use Rad Lab to edit the photo (when I want a special effect on it or black and white) because it's easier not to work with two programs (my Rad Lab is included in my Photoshop).

17. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

For photo editing, I only use Photoshop if I need to remove a person or something crazy like that. I find Lightroom to be a lot easier for 99.999% of the editing I need to do. Adobe Camera Raw is included in Photoshop and is nearly identical to the Lightroom Develop module. If you have Photoshop CC, you can open JPGs in ACR via the Filter menu. No need to switch between two programs. :)

18. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Wendy, thanks so much!!!

:)

I've just been doing my own based on the photo/page, but I'm excited to try some of these out.