Going to Pittsburgh for my first NHL game!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by 3BluEyedBabies, Mar 14, 2017.

1. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

My husband surprised me for my birthday with tickets to the March 17 Pittsburgh penguins game...and we are staying in Pittsburgh for the whole weekend....WITHOUT KIDS!! I'm so excited! I've never been to a NHL game; just AHL, and I don't think we've ever had a whole weekend away without the kids. So, we wanted to go the the zoo, but looks like it will only be in the 40s so we probably won't do that. We are definitely going to go to the museum of natural history, but if you have been there or are a hockey fan....what else do you suggest? WE're staying within wallking distance of PPG Paints Arena for the hockey game & we'll probably check out the Pens training facility too if we can.

2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

This sounds like you're going to have a great time. I've never been to Pittsburgh, but enjoy the weekend without the kids!

3BluEyedBabies likes this.
  3. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I've not been there but I do have a son who would be very jealous! He keeps asking to go to Pittsburgh for an NHL game - we only live 1600 miles away :). Have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do!

bestcee and 3BluEyedBabies like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome!! I've only been to Pittsburgh once, so I'm no help, but I hope you have a great time!!!

5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

How fun! we are big hockey fans and the games are so fun in person. I've only been to Pittsburgh a couple of times for work but I think it's a good place to visit these days.

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

How fun and exciting! Have a great time!

7. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

That's AWESOME! Congratulations!!! Have LOTS of fun, get there kinda early if you can and see if you can get a puck!

I remember my first NHL game, I got super lucky, the lady found out it was my first time and was like "Here!" I have that and LOTS of memories. I was at Sharks vs. Predators, IN the Shark Tank... and my team was the Preds at the time.. (And I LOVED Nabokov so I was confusing everyone around me by cheering both sides. Then the Preds got a penalty shot and the Shark Tank went DEAD silent.. except for me who was like "GOOOOO GET'M ERAT!!!!" My brother thought I was going to get us killed. LOL

Have FUUUUN! I don't know much about Pittsburgh so I can't help there, just wanted to say get there early and take lots of different photos, you'll love it!

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've never been, but have a great birthday weekend there! :love

9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

The Carnegie Museums and Carnegie Science Center are must see. Also, the Heinz History Center, National Aviary, Andy Warhol Museum. The first weekend of the Spring Flower Show starts this weekend at Phipps Conservatory. The Zoo will be perfect if not windy and cold. At 40 degrees, the animals will be very active. Take the incline ride to the top of Mt. Washington to see the view. Point State Park.

I wish I could meet up with you, but we have a prior engagement that I have to keep. (a 90th birthday party).

P.S. - Take a look at my layouts to see the city before you get there.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh have so much fun!
    I loved catching NHL games in Boston. (And I'm hoping to be able to catch one or two in Vegas next year!).
    Wear your team gear. It's fun. Cheer as loud as you can for your team. Go early, see if there's anything outside going on, or inside. You may even see the players doing some warm ups depending on when you get there/they let you in. Enjoy the atmosphere/anticipation/other fans. There's nothing quite like a live game with the energy. And get a photo of you and DH at the game.