Go Fund Me/Kick Starter? |Pad Patter 8.8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

I never donate to those. I either directly send the person something on their wishlist... or help out another way.

A couple strange ones that made me shake my head....
    A facebook friend and hubby just bought a new house...and they started a go fund me to buy new furniture for the house

My son wanted to start one so he and his fiance could pay for a nice wedding. I suggested he not do that, we (family) are more than willing to put a nice wedding on with their help and planning. I dont know if he listened tho, because that really upset him and since then, he hasnt wanted anything to do with us.

Its a crazy world!

I know there are a lot of legitimate and wonderful causes to donate to, though!

2. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

Im so sorry...kids ugh!! my eldest son wants nothing to do with us so i understand

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Go Fund Me yes, Kick Starter I don't think I have, although I've read a lot of the stories for themSome are really interesting.

I usually donate to the Go Fund Me pages if I feel personally connected in some way.

I agree you have to be careful - I know from experience they are not always what they seem and have come across the odd person who uses it while crying of having nothing, but then you see on social media they are eating seafood and steak every night and bragging about it (after they've taken everyone's money). Not cool! :disagree

4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I have contributed to Tangie's Kickstarter Campaign and one for a niece who was trying to open her own restaurant.

I'm pretty cautious about GoFundMe but will donate if I think it is sincere.

5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Yep, did Tangie's Kick Start for her studio years ago. Also did a Go Fund Me for a digital designer (not here) who had a son born with a very serious birth defect that was operable.

6. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

For the Go Fund me, I have to have a personal connection. If I know they person in real life, I prefer to send them the money directly (since Go Fund Me takes a cut of donations).

I have done a few KickStarters
    MiFold car seats - love them. They fold up so small and are so perfect for when we fly somewhere.
    Amabrush - Still waiting to actually get this item.....I am excited to try it. It is an automatic toothbrush that brushes your entire mouth at once
    Journaling Book of Mormon - I should have this one by the end of the month, and I am so excited to start adding art to the margins of it.
    A ergonomic pour spout for mason jars - I just pledged to this one, I hope it is everything the video/write up claims. I use mason jars a lot for salad dressings, drinks, syrup, etc., but have yet to find a good spout for them.

7. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

Oooh a mason jar spout. I love mason jars!

Teri likes this.
  8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I am curious about your Book of Mormon Journal...let me know if you like it. I almost did this for myself but was worried about copyrights!

Teri likes this.
  9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I have done GoFund me most recently was a relative on my husbands side, lost their son in a natural disaster in which flood water took out the wall of his bedroom. He was flown 600 miles to be put on life support so his organs would be able to be donated. They lost their son and also their home and all vehicles which were in their driveway were buried by the water/mud slide.
    Heart breaking!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018