Gift idea for 5 year old girl

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cherryberry, Feb 1, 2012.

1. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

Hi Ladies!

My son just got invited to a 5 year old girl's birthday party. I'm so out of my element with girls. What's hot? What's not? :giggle I was looking in Michaels for some ideas this morning but nothing really screamed "buy me". Help!

2. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

my DD, who's 5, loves coloring and art so an art set/coloring books is one idea. Squinkies (any) are popular, as well as the disney princess stuff. OH and My Little Pony and Lalaloopsy dolls!

3. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

We love Squinkies! and stella love those mooshi (moshi) monsters!

4. Dana

Dana Dana

5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

At five, Meagan LOVED art supplies - crayons, markers, colored pencils, paper pads, scissors, glue sticks. Get one of those cheap photo storage boxes, stuff it full of art goodies, and stick a ribbon on it. Done.

OR She also loved Littlest Pet Shops (still does), Lincoln Logs (pink sets) or Pink Legos, Polly Pockets. She loves to GET squinkies, but after the fact she really doesn't do much with them. They're kind of like a 5 minutes of fame sort of thing. So not sure you'll get your money's worth from Squinkies... but I'm sure they would receive a warm welcome at least!

6. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Thanks for starting this thread Tiki! My youngest was just invited to one as well.

And I had no idea what a Squinkie was until now.

7. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

Art supplies are always safe...

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

My youngest DD is also five and she loves almost everything that's been suggested so far. The Polly Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop are sure bets. My DD also enjoys anything artsy...Michael's has some jewelry making kits for kids that she adores. If you are into handmade gifts, I have done some of Jacque's paper dolls with magnets in a big tin as a rainy day project with Julia. I've often thought they would make a really fun gift.

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Littlest pet shop and polly pockets. If you have a 5 below store they have them there, you could get her a few SETS!

10. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

my daughter always loves a new Barbie, and any kind of craft or art set. She's had a blast with a recent gift of a Hello Kitty scrapbooking kit (she's 6). As a scrapbooker, the pages make me cringe, but she thinks they are beyond beautiful so it warms my heart :)
    another gift that is always a hit are giant cardboard coloring "houses". we got a princess castle one for a birthday gift and my friend said her daughters spent days on end coloring it and playing in it. we got our kids a giant coloring cardboard "Mater" from Cars 2 and same thing....days upon days of fun. then we fold it up and put it away for a rainy Sunday when he's all fun again LOL. enjoy your girl shopping, I always have fun shopping for birthday gifts :)

11. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Ooh I do love girly toys and think girls are easier to buy for.

12. Lizzy257

Lizzy257 Member

My 5 yr old is the same! Although, she's kinda like that with pretty much everything, lol. Art and craft stuff is always a hit with her. Right now, she spends most of her time playing with mini Disney princess dolls, or mini Lalaloopsy dolls.

13. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

My little girl loves Littlest Pet Shop, anything with baby dolls, and arts and crafts.