GF oopsie

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by theAndrea, Aug 28, 2014.

1. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

so I've been gluten free for almost 2 months. last week I went out with the family to a chinese buffet for dinner. I thought I'd be fine if I stayed away from anything battered. I *completely* forgot that soya sauce has wheat in it until I remembered this morning :(

and I had hot and sour soup, which is probably fine wheat wise, however I'm not supposed to have soy (oopsie on the soya sauce geesh) because I get breast cysts.

so double wammy... sore chest and gutt... poo :(

and ya, I know I've got to ask when I go to restaurants, but I was so tired of asking and having people have to go check every little thing that I just guessed. won't do that again.

I was grocery shopping tonight. there are so many foods I miss :(

and next week I'll start lactose and corn free as well as sugar free (the FODMAPs diet)... gonna have to get used to making all my own foods and always having something with me.

how do you guys do it?

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Oh my word I have no idea. I don't think I'd make it a day, not only because I am weak but also lazy. Sorry that you have to suffer through this. :(

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

It does take a lot of practice, research and patience at first, but it's worth it.
    I also recommend keeping some GlutenEase on hand just in case you're accidentally glutenized. My DD and I don't use to cheat (intentionally eat gluten) but we do take it when we eat out due to cross-contamination risk.

4. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Oh gosh, I can not imagine being able to keep track of everything...

I guess practice makes perfect, that would be the case for me. I'm sure you'll get some great tips to help you out! :beat

5. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

I did FODMAPS boy was that hard. Good luck! The no onion thing was really hard everything has onion powder in it!

6. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I am Sugar-Free/limited carbs and that is hard enough. I can't imagine what you are going through.