Genniejoy's Layouts

Discussion in 'MOC Layouts' started by Genniejoy, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Genniejoy

3. Genniejoy

4. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #3b.jpg
    Day 03- January 3: Mood Board Challenge
    Credit: BYOC Nov 2015 - Acceptance Element Pack by Just Jaimee and paper from Diet Plan Mixed Media Papers by Dawn Inskip

5. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #4.jpg
    Day 04- January 4: Change Your View
    Credit: Two alpha sets from iNSD Mix Gift Alpha Sets by Etc. by Danyale and Being Silly Kit by Kristin Aagard

6. Genniejoy

7. Genniejoy

8. Genniejoy

9. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #8.jpg
    Day 08- January 8: BINGO challenge
    Credit: Arrows from BYOC Nov 2015 - Acceptance Element Pack by Just Jaimee, Background paper is from Essential Bases by Lynn Grieveson and everything else is from the page kit Blessings by ForeverJoy Designs

10. Genniejoy

11. Genniejoy

12. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #11 a.jpg
    Day 11a- January 11: On This Day (Journaling Challenge)
    Title - Blessings page kit by ForeverJoy Designs and the papers are from Messy Bun Kind of Day Kit by Etc. by Danyale. There's also an overlay that is a really old Cm one called 'Digital Overlay - Grunge'.
    Journalling
    Today is a day I will never forget. I will forever remember this day with the greatest of grief and the greatest of thanksgiving, by choice. This is the day that changed my life, and yours, forever. I had just poured a mug of steaming hot boiling water and put it on my desk. I turned to say something to your dad, took a step back into the kitchen from my desk where you were toddling about as you often did, wearing my favourite outfit on you, a white skivvy and the cute woollen knitted jumper that friends had given us, when your screams pierced the air! I turned and took in everything at once, the mug on the floor, evidence of water, you standing there screaming...I scooped you up and ran for the bathroom yelling over my shoulder for Peter to call the ambulance. I thrust you straight under the cold shower but you fought me with all your strength as you resisted the water hitting your face. Between your twisting and turning and screaming from pain the freezing water just couldn't penetrate the thickness of the double woollen collar and before long your precious skin bubbled up and over that collar and I screamed for Peter to come as I got your clothes off as fast as I could. Peter came to see your skin falling off in fresh pink layers and had to take over holding you as I tried not to faint or be ill. I was drenched and had just changed when the ambulance officers arrived. It had been 12 minutes since we called and we'd held you under the freezing water for too long. You'd started going into a hypothermic shock. They wrapped you in a heat blanket, told us all we'd done wrong and bundled us into the ambulance. I will never forget listening to your agonising screams until the pain injections finally took hold. Sitting in the emergency room of the local hospital and trying to call those who mattered, I waited. You were gratefully asleep from the drugs they'd filled you with when after an hour we were back in the ambulance and transported to the Royal Children's Hospital in the city and admitted to the Burns Ward. After two days we were sent home to watch and pray. We had actually done some things right. Your entire stomach was saved from that freezing water hitting you so hard and long, but that thick woollen collar and your twisting and turning kept the cold water from getting to your neck and you were left with three badly burned patches of skin. We had to watch and pray. Sadly, they didn't heal. They were 3rd degree burns! Two surgeries and hospital stays later saw skin grafts taken and transplanted and you still bear those scars today and you hate them. Back then they said, 'They will fade with time'. But they didn't, they have stretched and grown as you have. I was so traumatised that I unknowingly didn't take another photo of you for 5 months, not until Christmas. Much later I found this photo 6 months on from then. You can just see your tender pink little scar emerging above your T-shirt. The pain and suffering I saw of others in that ward and your suffering after the surgeries will be with me forever. I'm still sorry for your scars and all the questions about them still, but I am so thankful that it wasn't worse and that I still have you! I love you mate!

13. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #11 b.jpg
    Day 11b- January 11: On This Day (Journaling Challenge)
    Credits: Elements - Blessings page kit by ForeverJoy Designs and the papers are from Messy Bun Kind of Day Kit by Etc. by Danyale. There's also an overlay that is a really old Cm one called 'Digital Overlay - Grunge'.
    Journalling
    Although there are no photos for the five months following the burn, we had weekly visits back and forth to the burns unit in the city, while I was pregnant with your brother. It was during those many awful visits where the staff would check your wounds, trying to get a burns suit to fit (the first was too small, the second too large) that we met 'The Clown Doctors'. These cheerful fun-loving 'Doctors' blew bubbles, laughed, teased and generally distracted you and the other child patients from the pain and distress you were in. This Clown Doctor in particular became your favourite. You were terrified and would scream as we approached the 'exam room' when your name was called. 'Dr Peg' was the only one who could get you calm and distracted as they unwrapped, checked and re-wrapped your wounds. The one from where they took the skin graft was especially bad as the bandage often moved and got stuck to your open wound. There were times I couldn't handle your screams and suffering. But I am so grateful for these embarrassing people who wore undies on their heads! They helped you when I couldn't. I am truly Thankful for them and their medicine!

14. Genniejoy

15. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #13.jpg
    Day 13- January 13: Filled Template (Template Challenge)
    Credits: Fiddlesticks No.30 template by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs, Besotted Kit by Dawn Inskip, BYOC Nov 2015 - Acceptance Element Pack by Just Jaimee

Top left Journalling says: I was totally surprised to receive a hero's award at J's Graduation. They recognised my six years of outstanding volunteering work going above and beyond with him. The bottom Journalling is what the lady read out in presenting the award. (I need to take out his name for privacy online.)
    "Volunteers are the backbone of our diverse and vibrant community. This year's Lalor Heroes Award is presented to Gennie Smith. Gennie has been J R-S's Kid's Hope Mentor since Grade One and comes weekly to see him. She is even known to bake & get dressed up for school events. Gennie has supported Jaydan through his journey at WPPS and the bond that they have with one another is simply beautiful. Congratulations Gennie and thank you for all you have done for J and WPPS."

16. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #14.jpg
    Day 14- January 14: Document Your Day (Random)
    Credits: Fiddlesticks No. 28 template by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs and Being Silly by Kristin Aagard . I just changed the colour settings on the original template instead of adding papers and then changed the textures. The font is just one I had on my computer.

17. Genniejoy

18. Genniejoy

19. Genniejoy

20. Genniejoy

GennieJoy MOC 6 #18 Recipe Challenge.jpg
    Day 18- January 18: Recipe (Random Challenge)
    Credits: Butterfly Basics - Travel Edition {elements} by Little Butterfly Wings, Traveling Around the World By Paula Kesselring, Arboretum Kit, Folio Papers & Pocket Pages by Sara Gleason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.