Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Tree City, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I know the "Never have I ever" thread has some non-viewers, and TBH I'm not even the biggest fan, but I had to share this photo and ask if any of you plan to watch the final season.
    web-IMG_20190407.jpg
    The AT&T store in downtown Chicago had a huge GoT setup. There was this (replica) Iron Throne and a bunch of actual props from the series. I saw Hodor's costume; a Night's Watchmen costume; the Family sigils; swords, and a few other things. I sent the above photo to DH, who's a big GoT fan, with no additional text. I just sent the pic and waited for a reply. His response was "Whaaaaat?!" lol. He was so darn jealous to be home with the kids while I was off on an adventure with @tkradtke Tracie and @Karen (who took this photo).

So, anyway...who's going to watch on Sunday? Last weekend, as an early bday gift for DH, I upgraded our Hulu subscription with an HBO add-on. I figured he could re-watch previous seasons while I was gone, and he sure did lol! So he's ready for Sunday night. I'll probably scrap in another room--maybe he'll watch the show while I'll be busy scrapping my GoT pics! But I think I'll watch the series finale. DH and I each have our own idea of who will "win" the "Game" of Thrones, and I want to see if I'm right.

Oh, and please be aware that if you post after the start of season 8...please, no spoilers! If you want to talk about Season 8, post in white so it doesn't show up unless you highlight it. Like this: SPOILERS>>>this is where you type as usual and when you're done you highlight the text, select the circle icon up top, and choose the WHITE color.<<< [use your mouse to highlight that "blank" area]

Karen likes this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

That pic is soooo cool! I'm beyond excited for the final season. I'm pvr'ing the last 3 episodes (they've been replaying on HBO) so that Sat night we can rewatch them and have the ending fresh in our minds again before starting the premiere on Sun night.

Tree City likes this.
  3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

My hubby is not a fan of GOT but he will watch it with me. But he will only watch it at the end of the season when we can binge it and be done with it. I have no idea how I am going to get through this season without getting spoilers. Last season, I subscribed to EW and they let go a huge spoiler with one of their covers half way though the season. I won’t say what it was, but it was a huge disappointment having it revealed

Tree City likes this.
  4. Ferdy

Ferdy No.More.Chaps.and. Leathers!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch it on Sunday, I've been having internet and TV issues, so I'm still waiting for an answer from my TV operator, wich is so frustating! I even tried to see another company but it's not available in my part of the city.

anyway, I just re-watched season 7 and I was thinking about watching only the episodes from a list I saw somewhere over the web, it seems that one of the producers gave this interview and said we should watch those episodes. I'll see if I can find the link and post here.

and Sara @Tree City you rocked on the Iron Throne! I went to a GOT exhibition in São Paulo a few years ago, I think it was when season 2 finished, and I saw a lot of things from the set, too...it was sooo cool!!! I'm totally updating my profile on FB with my photo on the Throne!!

this very old page is still on my gallery, altough it was created when I was a CT for Michelle Godin and she was a designer here
    [​IMG]

Karen and Tree City like this.
  5. Iowan

Iowan Louis Armstrong knows how it is

Lucky you. The costumes and sets look so stunning.
    We actually watched just the last episode of the last season last night since we wanted to remember where they had left off. We will watch the new and final season but don’t really care when we see it. We don’t have to see it during the regular broadcast time. We’re fans but not ultra fans.

I wonder if the book series will ever be finished now that GRR Martin has changed the storyline for tv.

Tree City likes this.
  6. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

We just rewatched the final episode of season 7 last night - cannot wait (it will be Monday here though, sigh) and then have to wait for husband to get home so no social media interaction at all on Monday! just in case of spoilers...

Tree City likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We tried to watch it, but just didn't get it, so we stopped watching. I know that lots of people are huge fans, and that's okay. As they used to say on Seinfeld "Not that there's anything wrong with that". LOL

We watch "Victoria" and I'm sure that's not everybody's cup of tea. To each his own.

Tree City likes this.
  8. janedee

janedee I like to play with really old stuff

We've been watching all the re-runs for the past few weeks, but still haven't seen season 7 again yet. We're hoping to watch the first two episodes then PVR the rest while we're away in May.

Tree City likes this.
  9. Ferdy

here's the list I mentioned before, just click on the thumbnail!

Attached Files:

• got.JPG
      got.JPG
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
    weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

You know I will be watching! I of course had to have my picture taken on the throne in Chicago too. :giggle I did the same and texted my hubby who also loves the show. He was so confused and asked what I did to Queen Cersei. lol!

I also LOVE Victoria too @Cherylndesigns and The Crown. I apparently love anything with kings and queens and old timey costumes. :giggle

11. Karen

Karen Alarm off, brunch ON

I just finished Season 5, episode 8 tonight. It does seem like one one of the epic episodes! Glad to see it made that list!

Ferdy and Tree City like this.
  12. Tree City

That's a good idea, to get the storyline fresh in your mind. So much happens in that show!

I remember that cover! Since I'm not obsessed, I didn't freak out, but DH wasn't happy lol.

That's so COOL! Look at you, Lady Ferdy!

Ferdy likes this.
  13. Tree City

DH is super bummed about the book series--or rather, how Martin didn't come out with book 8 before HBO filmed season 8. He loves the books even more than the TV show. But, since some things have been changed for the show, then who knows what the last book will be like? Maybe Mr. Martin will have no problem ignoring the show and doing exactly what he wants.

Oh, I didn't think about that annoying time difference! Hopefully you can avoid basically ALL forms of entertainment--social media and regular TV/radio!

Quite true, lol!

Oh, have fun in May! And hopefully you can get back home and watch without any spoilers! Just cover your ears if you hear the words "Game," "Thrones," or "dragons." :giggle

I almost posted your photo too, but I didn't want to do it without your permission. :) (I mean, I took it...but I used your phone rofl!) As for The Crown: DH loooooves that show. I mean, flat-out loves it. I enjoy it when I catch it, but I didn't binge it like he did. (Side note: to me, Matthew Smith is the Doctor, so it's odd seeing him as the Prince lol.)

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  14. Ferdy

I have to see all the list, but some episodes I've seen so many times...maybe I'll skeep a few of them! but I remember that S05E08 was very good indeed!!

Karen likes this.
  15. Ferdy

@Tree City I loved the Lady Ferdy...lol! I need to think my house...but I've always been a fan of the Starks...I 'm a huge Arya fan!

weaselwatchr and Tree City like this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

The Crown was amazing!! We love that whole era too, Karen.

Karen and Tree City like this.
  17. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I love her too.ithink she is my favorite. I even downloaded a photo of her to possibly do a art journal layout, but I haven’t yet...

Ferdy and Tree City like this.