Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 Discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, May 5, 2019.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Let's do this Arya Stark style
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  2. weaselwatchr

3. sansan

sansan New Member

My guess what's next...This is part one of the one-two punch. The dragon is behind them along with 80% of the remaining armies lying in wait. Cersei won't know what hit her.

Karen and weaselwatchr like this.
  4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh well. I didn't like it, not because of the deads, but because they are ruining the story. I 've been a huge fan since the beginning, I 've read the books...I expected to be a huge thing and it's turning into a big Brazilian soap opera . so disappointed....

mommyish and weaselwatchr like this.
  5. weaselwatchr

And this is when Dany loses her GD mind. Everyone she loved is gone. I know she thinks Jon is going to betray her/desert her.

So much happened here. Jaime going back to Cersei. At first I thought it was to kill her/stop her, but after his little speech I am not thinking so.

Felt so bad for Brienne. Felt so sad for ghost. Can’t believe they killed a second dragon.

I hate Cersei even more now if that is even possible.

And I felt so awful for Gendry. I knew she was going to say no, but the romantic in me was hoping she would say yes.

The Hound and Arya a team again.

It’s like the series has come full circle and we are back at the beginning again.

@Ferdy i never read the books. I had been meaning to but never had. Maybe that’s why I wasn’t disappointed with the episode.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    SeattleSheri, Kate and Chippi like this.
  6. weaselwatchr

Oh and hubby and I have been analyzing the beginning sequences of the credits, and tonite we noticed that there was a relief that had a dragon that was full of arrows. Not sure if it was there in earlier episodes but we saw it tonite

Kate likes this.
  7. scrapmemories

scrapmemories Well-Known Member

What if Rhaegel survives the piercing through his heart like jon

Karen and weaselwatchr like this.
  8. weaselwatchr

That would be awesome, but I find it highly unlikely. Although this is GOT

9. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

After the mass funeral that had all the feels, it was all happy and drunk and people ACTUALLY SMILING! Weird!

[​IMG]

Then it was a bit slow and drawn out... with a few awkward moments.
    Jon + Daenerys - Daenerys is totally right, Sansa won't be happy.
    What a comment, Bran. Now Jon HAS to tell! < Also, Sansa is definitely not going to keep that secret...
    Shocker, Sansa told.

AND THEN... just when I thought the episode was just going to be another interesting story arch episode with very little action.

[​IMG]

RIP another beautiful dragon...

Then the episode was just this for the rest of it.. Oh my heart. Missandei.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am loving it though. It is hard to believe there are only two left... I don't know if I can handle that.

Also, looking forward to actually reading the books once it is finished. I haven't as yet because 1. I am not really a book reader, but 2. because I didn't want to get all confused by the differences in the stories.

weaselwatchr, SeattleSheri and Kate like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's all going TOO fast now! I get it because its ending and I guess in a way it's nice to know that in two more episodes, we'll have the ending one way or the other. Watching Grey Worm see his love die was heart breaking. And I knew Dany wasn't going to deal well with Jon's news. I wonder if the 2nd dragon dying is a hint that there will only be one of them on the throne, not two like I had hoped.

I still think Jaimee is going back to King's Landing to kill Cersei. I think he said he was going back FOR Cersei only to cut it off with Brienne because I think he actually cares for her a lot. I think Jaimee didn't quite know how to love someone that wasn't evil and maybe he just is freaking out. That's my hope anyway.

weaselwatchr and SeattleSheri like this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

This. Because of the prophecy.

weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  12. weaselwatchr

Also did anyone think that Euron might be a little confused how Tyrion knew that Cersei was pregnant since he wouldn’t have had any communication with her and that Euron just found out about the pregnancy

Chippi, Karen and cinna like this.
  13. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

I just can't. I feel like they took 6 seasons of a great story and progressively have gotten worse and worse with their writing as they ran out of source material. I am sure I'll enjoy the rest of the show but I also feel like it is less "oh wow, that is really deep/interesting/etc" to entertaining only - but something I won't mull over like I did previous seasons. Like, let's build up the night king for 7 seasons - and it is resolved quickly with no info on what it was all about. Let's build up a redemption arc for Jaime - and let's throw that away too. Let's make Dany unhappy about not being the last Targ when her story seems to make you think she would be happy to know she isn't alone. Euron has been pretty much a joke and suddenly he can down a dragon on moving water with ease?

Oh, and they somehow didn't see his fleet? It just seems like very lazy writing. Not to mention all the scenes which would be interesting to see happened off-screen! Bran telling Arya & Sansa - off-screen. Sansa telling Tyrion - off-screen. Messandai being captured - off-screen.

I think Jaime is going back to King's Landing because he knows Dany is going to burn it to the ground and he wants to be with Cersei in the end. And I think he will probably kill Euron. I think those throne room scenes with the snow/ash is DEF. ash - Dany is going to burn it to the ground, no doubt about it. I have a feeling they will make her go full "mad queen" (understandably at this point) and that will be the last bit of drama for the series. Those are my predictions for the rest. Eh. GRRM, finish your darn books!

Also - JON, WTF PET GHOST YOU HORRIBLE PET OWNER! That made me so upset. Poor Ghost was nothing but a good boi, he didn't even get an ear rub... nothing.

weaselwatchr, Chippi, Karen and 2 others like this.
  14. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

THIS!!!! I totally agree with you!

15. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

And Dany is finally showing her true colors... such a b**ch. The only reason she didn't want Jon to tell is that she knows she will lose the throne.

They should have listened to Sansa!

16. Ferdy

@mommyish exactly what I am feeling re the show! until season 6, they had the books to give them a background. Things started to get ruined slowly, during season 7... and yesterday was a big pain in my heart to watch, all the horrible jokes, all the bad decisions on how to tell the story...you explained better, but that's it. I'll watch it, but it's not the best show anymore.

weaselwatchr, Karen and SeattleSheri like this.
  17. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

What is worse is I am a spoilers person - so I have seen a reliable source that has outlined the last two episodes. I promise I won't share them unless asked and privately through PM.

weaselwatchr and Ferdy like this.
  18. Ferdy

I read something yesterday too, because I can't help it and I read spoilers always... I saw on facebook...

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I thought there were some great bits in this episode and also some WTF? moments. The pacing felt off to me, I didn't find it a very satisfying watch.

Why on earth is Bronn so angry with Tyrion and Jaime? I didn't understand that interaction at all, I felt it was really out of character for Bronn. Am I missing something?!

20. weaselwatchr

I think he may just be frustarted because the Lannisters keep promising him things and not delivering. Also maybe ther is some jealousy there because they are royal and he is not.

Ferdy, Karen and Kate like this.