FYI - Facebook and Iphone

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nativescrapper, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Hi Gals,
    I notice something just awhile ago. I thought I would let you know. I know some of you are my Facebook Friends.

Your infos are showing up on my Iphone. (in the contact area) it shows me some of your phone numbers and emails, Birthdays and IM address.

Its kinda of scary to see that on my phone, I hope my info is not showing up in all your contact area.

2. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i think it mite be how its set up and what information you add to facebook,think mine is private

3. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

It is an option in iOS 6 to add FB friends as contacts on the iPhone. That info on FB is visible already to you on FB (depending on each individual's FB privacy setting), that's why it was downloaded to your iphone. You can decline to add FB contact info to your iPhone, which is what I did. I only want a few contacts on mine, not everyone who is a friend on FB.

4. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Im changed my FB Setting awhile back, but I need to change the setting on my phone. I dont want everyone on there who is friends on FB :)

5. misserin

misserin New Member

This is super annoying to me that my phone adds every single gmail and fb contact I have to my "contacts." That makes for a loooooooooooooong list of people!

6. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I think you can turn that off.

7. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

They also add everyone's birthdays to your personal calendar. I just realized how to turn it off!

8. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I just did that, it was hurting my eyes to look at my calender--all those dots showing up making me think that I had stuff every single day!