funny baby names (for Amy)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Amy Wolff, May 11, 2010.

1. Dana

Dana Dana

hmm - i don't have any super crazy ones ... but i do have a couple of friends who had kind-of funny first/last name combos ...
    - crystal kettle
    - piper horn

my husband just bought a car from a car dealer name torious ... and all i can think of is that duran duran (? i think) song that went "no-no-notorious" ...

my DH is french, so we wanted to stick with names that worked well in english and french ... and i think b/c he's french, he is NOT into any of the trendy US names - he even thinks some more traditional US names are ridiculous - it's funny to hear him joke about a name and then be told it's completely normal :) (like chad or tyler)

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. eryn

eryn gross no longer

ooooh you married a French man?? That was a dream of mine! hee hee

3. Dana

Dana Dana

hahaha eryn! i did a three year work exchange in paris - everyone thought i'd end up meeting my future husband while there ... and yep :) it worked!

4. EricaLA

EricaLA Member

Same here. There are a lot of American traditional names I love, but or people can't pronounce them very well or they are ridiculous in Portuguese, because they have a bad meaning.

Stpry is so funny. Poor kid.

5. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Dorkus is actually the name of a woman in the Bible! It is a totally wierd name! Makes me think Dork!

6. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

You actually have names that are legal or not legal in Germany?! I'm not sure how I would feel about that! I am quite certain that here in the US your child's name is whatever you put on the birth certificate - no questions asked.

7. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

Regina Filangie

(**anyone remember friends)

Oh, and true story... we were going to name Gabe, Jack Daniels. I LOVED both names and though it was funny.
    Good thing we didn't though, he'd have quite to live up to in collage. Shesh.

8. Jule

Jule New Member

Yep! This is to prevent that children get names that are totally weird. Of course most of the names are ok! But, believe it or not, there are people here that would call their child Hitler...or Crazy Horse...or Joghurt (=yoghurt). In these cases I think that such a rule is very useful!

But they are really obliging and you are also allowed to create a whole new name ;)

9. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

I know this girl named Peppermint! :gotcha

actually i love the name peppermint. :luvya

10. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

Me too!!! I actually believe children grow into their names. So it's good to be a little careful when naming your child, but I think unique is a good thing.

Have any of you caught the new Bravo show 9 by Design? They design NYC homes/apartments. They have 7 kids:
    Wolfgang (who they call wolfie)
    Tallulah
    Bellamy
    Breaker
    Five
    Holleder (who they call Holly)
    Major

11. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

i had NO idea all these names really existed!!!! wow!!

I don't know many but i knew a girl named Sunshine- no biggie but then there was another....

named PHUC WOO - i'm SO NOT kidding!!!

12. JenJ

JenJ Drunken Elf owner

I once taught a little boy in my Pre-k class who's name was Justice. I actually like it.

My husband also went to school with a boy named Justice and his sister's name was Liberty!

Oh... and there's a little girl on DS t-ball team named Serendipity

yep.

13. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

in DD's class:
    Fischer
    Sevastian
    Sequel (little sister is Mystri)

I dated a Thomas Anthony Hawke years ago Tom A. Hawke

Some one I went too school with named their child Sequoia Yosmite

Devorah
    September
    Winter

my dd was going to be Saylor Marie but DH ixnayed it when he thought some may tease her by calling her seamen...

14. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Regina Filangie..lol..I remember that Krista!

I went to school with a boy named Justin Sane (just-in-sane). Yup, I'm not kidding. Both his parents were teachers at our high school, that poor boy was tortured. Their last name is Sane, but could they really not come up with anything other than Justin? I felt so bad for him....

15. heatherbird

heatherbird The United States of Heather

WOW! I mean, I like unique names, but some of these are just crazy!!! The jello names are just ABSURD!!!

16. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

my nephews name is stoney.

and for the longest time..
    i didn't think peppermints name really WAS peppermint.

and i LOVE it!

17. eryn

eryn gross no longer

lol I didn't realise that was Peppermint's real name! I never actually thought about it...but you just get used to people haivng pseudonyms online! not me though. I'm boring.

18. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Stoney..lol, that's actually kind cute, but I'd imagine it would get a little harded to have a name like that as he gets older...

I've heard of the jello twins before, that's just crazy!

19. la

la A closet sap

lol some of these really made me giggle.. ^_^ i cant think of any truly odd names atm... I like strawberry though ahah. I want a baby girl so i can name her strawberry (thankfully, I can 't have any more kids hah)

20. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

This is NO lie! I swear!! We once knew a man by the name of.....

Harry Butts!! Yep!! That was his LEGAL name!! LMAO