funny baby names (for Amy)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Amy Wolff, May 11, 2010.

1. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

Amy's blog this morning reminded me of my favorite Mother's Day tradition. Our two hospitals publish in the newspaper all the babies and their names born in the past year. My kids and I eat breakfast while laughing at creative spellings and really horrible creative names. (is that wrong? LOL)

Our top 3 most creative names for 2009/2010 are:
    Big Show
    T-Dubbz
    Clutch

So, how about you? Have you heard of any really creative (or horrible) baby names?

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Truly horrible - a friend who is a L/D nurse shared this one with me.

Twin boys named Lemonjello and Orangejello...

The real fun was in the pronunciation :groan

3. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

well, the man nixed crystal as a girl's name for our daughter. does that count?

i heard of a woman naming her girl placenta. gross.

4. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

eewwwww placenta is nasty. i like Clutch! lol.

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Where on earth do you people live?? I just went and checked our old town's hospital site for April. Best I could find was Moonwater.

I do like Clutch. Reminds me of Hitch, and I love that movie!

6. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

there was a girl that my sister played basketball with in high school who's name was Miracle Fingers...true story.

7. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

Kyler's second grade class had a Prince, a Princess, a Giftee, and an Oblivion. I asked Mr. Gary how he got so lucky?! LOL!!

8. coco

coco coco

omgosh where do people get all these names from ROFL

9. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

how can you name a baby clutch reminds me of a car

10. JeanH

JeanH New Member

I always worry that these poor children may grow up to be somebody! I mean, President Clutch?

11. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I could see my DH wanting to name a kid (or animal) Clutch..he loves them...heck our cat's name is HIM lol.

My MIL is a NICU nurse and you should hear some of the names that people come up with for their kids...it's crazy.

I remember a client at my aunt's hair salon named their little girl Mercedes...which isn't that odd but their last name was Benz...that little girl got teased all the time.

12. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

Wow, there are some really far out names out there. The weirdest or rather, most different name I have come across was a childhood friend, her name was Morning Glory. But hey, it was the 70's. :dancebun

13. I have a friend her aunts name is dorkus haha i always laugh

and i know somebody with boy/girl twins -- there names
    Hurricane and Eclipse poor kids

oh yah and when we were younger we were billiting at peoples house for a church thing and the kids all had really diff names

Patience
    careandjoy and there was one other girl but i cant remember the name

14. EricaLA

EricaLA Member

Nothing really cool around here, we don't have this tradition. Brazilian are crazy with naming children, I am blessed for having normal parents.
    I can give you lots of the craziest names on earth examples. But in the style you are talking today, my 3rd grade classmate's sister was called, translating, Light's Love. And I had a classmate on 8th grade called, translating again, Anna-Moon.
    Some names are common in the US and Europe but not here. I had a teacher called Donald, he is American. Ok for the US, not here. He was the McDonald's and Donald Duck all the time for us. We just couldn't stop thinking about it, nobody has this name here. Poor teacher. So before moving here, send me a PM asking if your name is Brazil-friendly. lol
    A friend of mine told me about a baby called Blue Bee. No comments.

Thanks for sharing those names girls! I love this kind of stuff.

15. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

I had a friend named Clover, which isn't that weird really after reading all the names here, I always thought it was really pretty actually.

16. eryn

eryn gross no longer

lol this is funny! The wierdest I have known was a little girl named Strawberry, and a friend of mine named her children...Phoenix, Alexei, Honey and Cyprus. Oh and another friend named her girls Toria and Isis. But that's it. Nothing really crazy.

17. Lori Potts

Lori Potts Stone Age Scrapper

I know a girl named Story. Its a bit odd but over the years it has grown on me and I love it. My cousin just named his son Syncere.

18. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

oh for sad!!! There are some CRAZY names out there! At the time we didn't know of any Jaden's then when we lived in OR, we lived in a SUPER small town and in her little Sunday School room (with 10 kids total) SEVEN of them were names JADEN! Insane, right?

19. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

I LOVE the name Story!!!

If Jonathan had his way one of our children would have been named HAT, I have NO Idea why!

20. Jule

Jule New Member

And these names are really legal where you life???? I am shocked!!!

Once I saw a report about crazy names... the one that stayed in my mind was Crazy Horse. Lucky child this name is NOT allowed here in germany!

Oh and I also know about a boy whos prenames are Tom Jones...