Fuller House!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrappyjedi, Feb 26, 2016.

1. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Netflix notified me this morning that Fuller House is now available!! I loved Full House growing up- anyone else excited to watch this?

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

yes!!!! I got the email today too!!!! I am excited...now just need to find TIME! LOL
    good job is now because I have to sit with Sarita to watch some stuff, she is managing to not take the codeine, but needs distracting and cuddles and kisses and mum to come sit with her to watch stuff...so I maybe able to watch a bit!!!!

3. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I am! I miss the cheesy old sitcoms from my childhood so I can't wait!

4. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I've already finished :blush

Tree City likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I was a big fan of the original show, but I'm not sure about this new version. If I have time and remember, I'll check it out. I'm interested to know what you all think of it.

6. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

My daughter (freshmen in college) texted me earlier that she was watching and her "life is made!!". My youngest and I plan on doing some binge watching tonight when we get home from her basketball game. Loved the original.

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

My girls have been on the count down!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I think I watched about 6 episodes today before the tv was taken away from me lol. I'm enjoying it so far and even got my 10 year old son to watch some of it with me :)

9. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

This was my facebook post from earlier....

My thoughts on season 1 of Fuller House....

It's cheesy as hell but in the best possible way.

It's a great first season. There's enough throwback stuff to keep the old fans happy and some new stuff to bring in a new generation and really set it up for (hopefully) season two where it can become even more of its "own" show.

I read one review that said it didn't have as much heart as the original but I teared up during at least 3 episodes.

There are a couple jokes that are little more risqué, but I think they were so well blended into the dialogue that littles won't notice.

I've also since read a couple complaints about the references to alcohol and not having the life lessons that the kids always seemed to learn at the end of each episode of Full House. My feelings are that this show was made for the fans....fans that are going to be a little older and more mature. Rather than just throwing us right into this whole new family dynamic where the original cast is just a supporting role to the new kids (think Girl Meet World), they are making the original cast the stars and working the kids in.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I was just about to start a thread asking if any one was watching Fuller House, but I searched first and YAY! People like me! lol!

I was... born when Full House started, and I don't remember a lot of the content or storyline, but I remember the laughing and loving the family.
    When we saw that Fuller House was coming we were so excited, and so far it hasn't disappointed, my sister who is 8 years younger than me (and living with us at the moment) turned her nose up at the first episode because it was too corny, and she didn't understand the references to the original, but the more we watch the more she loves it.
    THEN we saw that Full House was on Netflix too and we decided we would show it to our daughter (7). She thought it was a bit silly and old fashioned at first, but then Jesse and Joey 'changed Michelle's diaper' and she nearly peed her pants she was laughing so hard. It has become our nightly family tv show.

It is so fun sharing an old family tradition with the next generation!

11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Because I lived outside the US (and so many 'known to many' tv shows) for 20 years, I've never heard of or seen this one. Do I need to find the original series to 'get' this one?

12. Chippi

@cookingmylife Not really. It can be a stand-alone tv series, but it is helpful to have that background knowledge. There are jokes and punchlines that come from the original series, but my sister had never seen Full House and she enjoys Fuller House.
    However, the complete series of Full House (the original) is on Netflix, if you have that. Well it is on Aussie Netflix, so I would assume it is on US Netflix :)

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks @Chippi. I'll ck my Netflix.

14. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I have to admit- once I watched some of Fuller House, I was very, very disappointed in it. In fact, I only made it four episodes in and quit. I couldn't stand the way to kids were rude and disrespectful to the adults (I don't even have kids, and this bothered me a lot!), and I just couldn't relate to the way the adults were behaving at all.

Sigh. I think I'm an old fuddy-duddy already, and I'm only 36!

lorryfach likes this.
  15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I did watch all of it, but I agree. I thought the only value was nostalgia. I would not recommend watching it if you didn't see the original, to be honest. There was some fun throwback moments, but it wasn't a good show at all, IMO.

16. Chippi

@scrappyjedi & @lorryfach On second thought, I do agree to a point. I remember scrunching my nose up a few times at the behaviour of the adults (mostly the drinking) and the kids are quite disrespectful. I also didn't appreciate some of the snide comments about the Olsen Twins not coming back to the show, it is their choice, leave them alone! Besides, there is no way they could pass them off as one person these days, they are way too different, so they would have to pick one and ditch the other.
    I still think it is a good show and I will keep watching it, but the original is definitely better :)

17. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

As cheesy and over the top as it is, I think they could have made it work with two Michelles by throwing in some "wow, you look like a totally different person with that dress on WINK WINK" moments, but yeah, they didn't owe anyone anything and if they don't want to act anymore, then that's fair.

Chippi likes this.
  18. Chippi

Oh that would be funny! I mean they have already made the joke that it was like there were two of them (regarding changing diapers). Good thinking Lorry!