Fresh Inspiration

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Jun 5, 2016.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Okay guys... with everything that's been going on with our move, I've gotten WAY off track w/ PL. I'm still working on the last few pages in March. So I'm effectively 2 full months behind, and then some.

That would be fine, except I'm also lacking inspiration. Where do you turn when you need to drum up some inspiration for PL pages? Links? Pics? Share some of your faves! Help a girl out!! :)

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Galleries... since my PL has been simplified to the App only, I go to the app group on Facebook and scroll through the conversations and images. I'm on week 13, so right around where you are. The idea of scrolling through the pictures of the last two months and deciding which pics are going in for each week doesn't sound appealing. Instead, I've moved my focus to my daughters baby album. Found a way to use elements on my phone for app scrapping, so the pocket style could fit me, but... then I decided all the pages were looking the same. Blah.

Here, I love love love Kimberlee's gallery (@scrapsandsass ). There are some others I've liked in the gallery, but I gravitate to hers, and love that hers are all over the place. I wish I felt more confident in bouncing around in my PL like she does (and I know she doesn't like that she does it, I think I read somewhere ) but maybe I'd feel like more was being accomplished rather than stagnant because I don't feel inspired for one specific week and can't move past it...

scrapsandsass likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I work backwards. I'm always more inspired by the most recent week than the one I'm missing from a month ago.

I will browse the gallery here and look at some paper ones on Pinterest too. But I open PS and my Lightroom collection for that week first. I review my photos, and then go browsing.

4. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Awwww... thanks. :) That is the sweetest. :bk

klee73010 likes this.
  5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I too want simple, so I look through galleries incl Ali Edwards CT pages. I may not be buying any more AE (price is too high now) but those and PaisleePress remind me that I probably have enough photos and if not I can plunk in a few cards and then be ready for a patterned background choice. It really can be quick.

scrapsandsass and RebeccaH like this.
  6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Moving is a ton of work but I'm thinking there are many stories in there.
    • Why we moved - how many weeks ago and why/how was the decision made?
    • Leading up to the move
    • How we prepared - what we took - didn't take
    • How we felt any given week
    • leaving friends - making new friends (schools)
    These weeks were definitely busy, or you would not be behind - pick a fun template and just tell your story.. Its not so important to have a million pictures of something - just document what happened and how you felt and what was the impact. Every change affects us - just talk about that.

7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Thanks for sharing, I'm about to start moving so will restart my
    PL journey then but it would be nice to document it.

RebeccaH likes this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My Project Life (or P52 ) from last year is still stuck at early September. I took on being the Treasurer for the Craft Co-op where my husband and I sell our crafts and I just never got back to doing my weekly pages. The treasurer job became a bit of burden until I changed how things were done and now it is far easier and quicker.
    My plan is to catch up... not sure when.. but I will do it ! :shrug
    This year I am only doing monthly double pages and I have completed January and February but they are not printed yet... I print my Project Lift pages with my home printer and put them all in an album each year. They make great journals as I have often looked back when we are trying to remember when such and such happened.

9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@A-M My husband and I do the same thing...using PL pages and the Quicken account to determine "when such and such happened." So funny!

scrapsandsass and RebeccaH like this.
  10. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Yes, ALL the time! I look back at old pages and albums to figure out when something happened. Love that!

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm not far behind, but I have ZERO motivation to work on my pages. I'm forcing a week right now because it's so close to being done (journaling is all that's left... and although I can come here and ramble on, I can't make myself journal right now for some reason).

I'm no help with the inspiration as I try to really look just once a year when I'm making my plan for the next year. I will bookmark or make note of things, but I don't look too hard until Nov/Dec. And most of my inspiration comes from right here in our little PL forum :-)

I do need to look for photo inspiration. I think that's what is bringing me down right now, I'm tired of taking the same photos the same ways. Now that I scrap my weeks as summaries with event pages separate, I find that my PL pages are almost all photos from my phone. I need get creative with them.