Fortunately not my life!! hopefully not yours

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jul 30, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This is from "L", mother of three - eldest is 7, a friend of my now-former daughter in law. "L" has had a darn hard year...and it's only July! As she says, all she can do is laugh! What is that old saw about God not giving you more than you can handle??!!?? :lmao

Dear 2020... all I can do is laugh anymore.
    Hysterectomy
    Sprained foot
    Trapped in my house
    X (hubs) off work
    10 year anniversary of marriage
    Turns 35
    Canclled birthdays and vacation
    Cancelled camp
    Got Covid
    X off work again
    Trapped in room and house for too long
    Breaks free and gets a ticket from state police (my eta - speeding!)
    X (child) has a swollen foot and can’t walk...needs an X-ray.....

Laugh. It’s all I can do anymore.

My life seems like an absolute cake walk now! Hope this gives you a shot of gratitude for yours too. :)

Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Poor L! At least they have reached the laughing point.

3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

My brother's year has been terrible too. It sure makes you grateful, doesn't it?!

4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Oh my goodness, that's a lot. Even if you take out the pandemic-related things that are common for many of us, it's still quite a list. I'm glad she's able to laugh and hope she has lots of positive things coming to help balance it out. :)

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Hope L has a better second half of 2020 ...

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yikes, poor L.

7. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

This has been a tough year all around, I think, but it does seem like L is having a rough go of it...

I hope it turns around for L and for all of us, so we can get out of our houses!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

8. cookingmylife

Fortunately she lives in the country in upstate NY and while not really a farm, they have chickens and a big garden so she does get outside with the little ones. The 7 yr old girl has stepped in to do some of the mom stuff but the younger two are boys and not exactly household helpers yet!

9. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Poor L. - We must be related!! :lmao

2019 ended horribly - October 9th I was bitten by a brown recluse spider. Ended up in the hospital for 4 days. Was told if I had waited another 24 hours to come in the story would be very different. The doctors warned me if the antibiotics didn't work, I was looking at complete amputation of my right leg at the hip... or worse (sepsis with death as a possible result).

December 9, 2019 my husband found a lump in my right breast. Mammogram & ultrasound on Friday, December 13. Biopsy on December 26. Official diagnosis of invasive grade 2 ductal and lobular carcinoma arrived on December 30, 2019.
    2020 - February 14 - last day of work. February 18 - bilateral (double) mastectomy with reconstruction. Cancer found in one of my lymphnodes. February 27 - another surgery because my skin went necrotic. March 17 - another surgery to reverse the reconstruction because of massive infection. Spent most of February, March, and April in bed fighting infection and fighting with my health insurance company to pay for my cancer treatment. Covid had me homeschooling my four children beginning on March 10th when I should have been resting and recovering. So, I just had reconstructive surgery on July 17. This time, things are going ok. My husband was laid off for most of March & April. I'm still not back to work, but I have no job to go back to right now. I'm a school bus driver. Waiting to see what our governor decides to do.

2021 will probably bring hysterectomy. Shutting down my hormones so it doesn't continue to feed my cancer has been challenging.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@lynning I'm so glad things are going ok this time, but what a road to get there! I hope the rest of the year is much more peaceful and that nasty cancer stays away! (((hugs)))

lynning likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Wow! Well, hopefully it can only get better from here on out. Right?!?

12. cookingmylife

@lynning What a year you have had and you do have similar names. She's a Lindsey. Prayers and gentle hugs to you with some good ~~~~>vibes for a quiet and healthy fall. (And a big injection of compassion for those insurance companies...grrrr)