For those who use the Shutterfly digiscrap book style...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by tkradtke, Sep 11, 2020.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I apologize if this is old news, I just discovered this today...

Okay... major panic moment for me. I went to start a new book and opened the photobook page as always to choose "digiscrap" and it wasn't there. Nowhere to be found! So I called Shutterfly. Apparently digiscrap isn't "popular" so it's still there, but hidden. You have to search digiscrap in the search bar on the home page. It will come up then. HOWEVER, the rep warned me that it defaults to leather bound cover and deluxe lay flat pages... so the first thing you want to do when you start your book is go to options and change to your preferred cover and page style.

Hope this saves someone else a panic moment... lol! :giggle

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Yes, I made a book last weekend and had to jump through the hoops getting rid of the leather/lay flat options first. I thought I was just making an error. Thanks for the clarification.

umyesh likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Another work around is to make a copy of a book you've already made and remove all the photos from the project. This is what I do every time.

LynnG, keepscrappin and Iowan like this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

That's a good idea and would save a lot of time too!!

umyesh likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, I went through that last weekend when I was considering another book. Wanted to start fresh and could not find digiscrap anywhere and had the same results with the search... no thanks to a leather cover! Can't showcase the cover made especially for the book with that. Didn't like the price on it either!

Finally got things figured out and made the book I was considering. Ended up not liking it so didn't order it. Kept getting emails to print it so I deleted it. Maybe I should have just kept it like @umyesh said.

umyesh likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

You can also, just found out yesterday in starting my 2nd half of covid 2020:
    Open any style book then just change layout to one photo layout and click on the layout choices for one photo for each page. Like you do when you add pages after original 20 pages
    This is also helpful, as there is a double page one photo page.

Lillyia and Karen like this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Why do they torture us?? LOL Thanks Tracie @tkradtke I started a book recently and gave up myself but know there's always another sale - sometime!

LynnG likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! What do they mean it's not popular. Pfft! Direct them our way! :giggle I might just create my own blank book with 111 pages in it and then I can just copy that one each time. Even when I used their "digiscrap" template, I always had to add a ton of pages and they never added the correct full page photo pages and I'd have to fix those all anyway. BUT, it's good to know that template isn't there anymore, so I won't freak out the next time I make a book! Ha ha!

honeyandcheese and rach3975 like this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@Karen It is still there, you just have to dig to find it and then make changes because they think we want leather covers... What do they really know? Not a lot about digi scrappers evidently :giggle

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oooh, good idea! I just started a book so it has like 2 LOs in it. I'm going to make a copy right now and remove those two pages. Easy peasy!

Memaw2Wm, umyesh and Karen like this.
  11. cookingmylife

With this new sale, I hope to get my 2020 MOC book printed! god willing and the creek don't rise and Shutterfly cooperates. But... I have the book all done, hit put in cart and I get this message.. Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.24.05 AM.png

Now for the life of me I can't find WHICH page it is!! I have hit fix issues and the book opens. I hit preview and the book opens. So I still don't know which page is the issue?? I hate to hit ignore but...I guess the only other option is Call Shutterfly??

Tree City likes this.
  12. tkradtke

@cookingmylife When I get that error, it is almost always the cover because the space is actually not quite 12x12 because of how the spine paper overlaps. Could that be it? If it is, and you're happy with how it is in the preview, I would just hit ignore because it won't fix unless shave that page down by whatever ever small amount it's short of square on the one side.

13. cookingmylife

Thanks @tkradtke My cover is ok as I always use a reduced size of the page many of us make showing all 31 layouts!
    Phew!! in that book. Now to get going on all my challenge layouts for the rest of the year up through July! 2 more books..:) I do think I will reduce all of them before I upload just to have a slight white edge.

Tree City likes this.
  14. tkradtke

Yay! Glad to know your cover is ok! If you want a quick way to add that white edge, I go into advanced editing in SF and drag the corners of one page to reduce it on the page and then go to the Page menu and apply that layout change to all pages in my book.

honeyandcheese likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

@tkradtke Tracie, I plan to just batch edit all the images for 3 months at a time. Sorry one more issue for me, but I just have no idea where options is? I am back to the main page/Books and am stuck again! :( and cannot of course delete the leather option/flat lay etc there.

16. tkradtke

Are you starting a new book? Is that the options page you're looking for? I don't like how they have things set up now. I search digiscrap in the search bar to start my books.

17. cookingmylife

When I started with digiscrap, I could not get rid of the expensive options as the 'standard' was grayed out. Somehow I'm making a 10x10 normal book but for the life of me I don't know how or where!

18. tkradtke

If you want to you use Digiscrap - you have to accept the expensive options and then change them when you get into editing your book, options is on the very top at the right.

19. cookingmylife

How do you make a copy of the book in Shuterfly?

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Open the book you want to copy and then Save As and give it a new name.

Also you can go into My Project by clicking the down arrow next to your name... it's say Hi, Karen next to mine. Then hover over the book you want to copy and click Copy. :agree

umyesh likes this.