For Couples trying to Communicate in Trying Times:

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AJK, Mar 30, 2020.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I confess, that today is the first time I have had more than momentary difficulty with all that is going on. We thought our DIL was finally ready to let things go and move on (not yet!), we were to have details re: finalization of DH's contract, and then begin planning our move, but no word- probably due to crown_1f451.png (corona = crown in Spanish). We've hired an atty to resolve V.A. health and disability matters and seems that too is stuck. Dad is struggling with Alz, and then I had the bright idea to watch part of 2020 show this evening. NOT beneficial. It was too much to take in, and brought back memories of what Desert Storm felt like. At least I don't have to try to homeschool, just deal with a husband still new to teaching and trying to do it at home! It's a lot to take in; a lot to deal with- HA! forgot that the cabin fever an isolation is getting to us both. :assslap:circles:dizzy:duh
    ANYWAY... I am pretty sure all this is normal, and that several of you may have difficult spots too. This came in my email today- just in time! So I thought I would share this post about Communication with my fellow :heartlubTLP-ers!
    Couples Communication Strategies For Stressful Times :bk

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My hubby is still working at the plant as of right now, and for the foreseeable future. He has a Homeland Security clearance so I don't think he will ever be home working. I know that if he did come home, we would have to make more adjustments as hubby is used to going and doing, and not having the option to get out over the weekend really made him antsy. He spent over 8 hours in the yard on Saturday, and Sunday we went for a drive as a "date." Communication is definitely key to getting through all of this. Thanks for the link and I'll check it out later.

Hope you start feeling better after a good night's rest and prayer.

AJK likes this.