Fonts in Photoshop for Windows

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by wvsandy, Jul 4, 2020.

1. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Did you know that you can "install most of your special graphic-design-related fonts in an Adobe-only folder so Windows won't "see" them, but Adobe Photoshop will, meaning the fonts will be available in Photoshop's menus but they won't be accessible from other (non-Adobe) Windows applications." Save your font collections here at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts. I found this information at https://www.lifewire.com/installing-fonts-for-photoshop-only-1702271.
    I tried it and it works. I'm hoping that it will speed up both Windows and PS CC. I hate when fonts keep disappearing.

bestcee, BevG, Ferdy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Ooooh, nice! I have so many fonts and I should go through them anyway, so this gives me a chance to do so. TFS!

wvsandy likes this.
  3. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I saw something about this with the new update for Photoshop Cc, but never tried...I still use a program for the fonts, the Font Viewer( I think it's the name...)
    I'll try this tip, thank you @wvsandy

wvsandy likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

That is very cool, because Frankly - I would never write a document with the majority of those fonts. I use two - Arial and Times Roman.

Now if there was a way to hide all those Microsoft fonts for foreign languages, especially in Adobe, I would be much happier.

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Yeah, I wish some of them could be deleted because I never use them. :)

BevG likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft would put all the foreign language fonts in to font packages that could be downloaded from the website if someone wants them. Just load the basic fonts in Windows. A girl can dream.

wvsandy and BevG like this.