Flowers / Pad Patter 8 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 8, 2020.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yep, I can't take walks when people are mowing grass which is why I don't do my yard myself. In early spring if I walk by a lilac bush I start sneezing like you wouldn't believe. It has gotten worse as I've gotten older but I've had "hay fever" since I was a child. The months of May and August were horrible for me. Heck, my mother had allergy testing done and she was allergic to house dust among other things. I think she had about 20 different allergies. When I dust, I have to wear gloves and take Claritin before I even start. If I don't wear gloves, I'm washing my hands every 5 minutes because my eyes itch and I can't afford to rub them with dust on them.

When I wanted to get a dog 20 years ago, I did a lot of research because most dog breeds make my eyes itch and if I've touched the dog and I itch my eyes, the watering starts. I found a breed that I can be around that doesn't cause me problems so that is what I got back then and still have now. I can never get a rescue because of the unknown about what kind of dog it might be. Has to be purebred and my preference is the Havanese breed.

I've never had allergy testing done, talked about it with a doctor many years ago but before we could do anything, he retired. I would probably have as many allergies as my mother did although Claritin does help me get through. I just hate having to take it all the time.

2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Sorry to hear that! That has to be frustrating. My Dad had "hay-fever", so I get that. Just didn't know flowers could be so potent. Bless you!

3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

83F34174-53E3-47B5-9884-6BFC394DE58B.jpeg
    only thing blooming in my yard is my magnolia, it was so beautiful, then the cold/snow came back a few days back I woke up and saw all the petals starting to turn brown so sad.

the local apple orchards put out notices they were going to be having bonfires with fans to try snd save their blooming trees. I hope it works as our part of Michigan has alot of Apple Orchards.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

In bloom right now? the daisies on the lawn, and next door's ornamental tree has lovely pink blossom.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We currently have a ton of daffodils blooming in our yard and my cherry willow tree is full of tiny pink blossoms right now. I love it!

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

You'll get a good idea of my two favorite flowers with a glance in my gallery. I've made multiple pages featuring dogwood blossoms and buttercups. In general, I like wildflowers. I prefer my flowers still alive, wild, and free! :D