Flea Markets | Pad Patter 6.4

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 4, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Around here the flea markets are popping up everywhere! There are a couple of really big ones going on this weekend, but we didn't get there. I just don't have it in me this week. I'm trying to remember the last time I did go to one. It's been awhile! I'm thinking about hitting up a local one next week when I'm done with work lol.

Do you enjoy going to flea markets?
    Have you ever found any really great treasures??

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

It’s definitely the season for them!

The only flea markets I ever go to are the ones in Hawaii because that’s where we get souvenirs. I still have beach towels and toe rings from some!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I used to love flea markets in the Vancouver area but now that we are in a small community there aren't any good ones.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I would love to go but we don't have many around here. We have one just around the corner where I buy some books sometimes. I've found some really old magazine there too but that's all. You need to have a car to get to the good ones.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Glad you're getting to enjoy them. It's too cold here now. Also I go more for the food stalls than the vintage bric-a-brac.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We have a bunch in our area! There are ones that are always there and then the pop up ones for warmer weather!

My husband loves this one place... and I hate it! Lol! It's just so weird. I can't even explain it.

I like a good pop up one as it's always different.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I haven't gone to one in well over 35 years.. living in NY (on Long Island) we had a lot of flea markets that we would go to... they had new stuff most of the time. I think there is one here in VA (or used to be) when we first moved here, but it is not a thing for us.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We used to have a flea market year round in an older store near us, and my Dad loved going there to hunt for treasures. That closed a long time ago though, so the closest flea market to us is about an hour away at Shipshewana, IN. They are open on Tuesday and Wednesday only (I think those are the days), but it's massive! I haven't been in a few years now, but I always think it's fun to go and wander around.

Now that I think of it though... we basically had a flea market along the bluff (main street in my town overlooking Lake Michigan) this weekend, but they call in Antiques on the bluff. Calling it "antiques" makes it sound fancier, but it really is the same thing as a flea market.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I love flea markets and wish we had some around here . I like antiques and cheap stuff..but the foods often win my heart too....
    We like going to the Hmong market in the cities.. they have so many awesome shops..full grocery with Asian foods and than the food court where everything is soooo cheap and good you can try multi things

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

No, If I go I will end up buying something useless,that will gather dust or take cupboard space somewhere...

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I went on a bus trip to Shipshewana almost 30 years ago. That place was massive! My knees wouldn't be able to walk it these days! There is an huge flea market about 90 minutes south of me on I-75 called Traders World. I've never been there.

In the past there have been much smaller flea markets open on weekends, one I remember was at Indian Lake during a summer festival.

This are is more about having community garage sales. There is one just about every weekend. My town was this past weekend. I'm not much of a garage sale shopper either.

I also live about 45 minutes from what is "the 127 Yard Sale" every August. It is hundreds of yard sales along Rte 127 from Addison Michigan to Gadsden Alabama. A former co-worker used to check it out. She would do different sections of it each year. She found some great stuff! But traffic on 127 is horrible if you aren't doing the yard sales.

IntenseMagic and Karen like this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I used to like browsing around them, but I haven't been to one in years. I think it's just time and kids that make it more difficult.

13. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Nope. But I am curious to go to one. I wonder if I'd find ephemera type items. I do like going to antique shops. Lots of goodies there!

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

The biggest one in our area was just last weekend- The Farm Chicks. It's actually really fun and HUGE, but I missed it since my daughter had a softball tournament. I'm not the best thrift shopper- as I lack the patience to browse. My sister always finds the greatest stuff, but she's much better at it!

IntenseMagic likes this.