Fitness Apps anybody?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Are you using any fitness apps?

The tribesports app helped me for quite a while! however, want to check if theres anything out there thats working for some other folks...

2. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

My hubby and I have been using "Log it" and LOVE LOVE it!

I am bad about skipping meals then not really focusing on eating healthy when I do eat. This one places you on a caloric guideline (I have only had to enter 2 food items not included so it has most items - even brand names). I focus now on eating more often, smaller meals - more food for the punch in my day allowances, haha! I am down 20+ lbs in 6 weeks without "dieting" so I eat my reg foods. We have switched over to better choices just to save ourselves calories. For me and my husband (he is down almost the same) it it the best thing we could have used. Accountability I think is what makes it work - you can't deny what you have eaten each day *snort*

You can record your food each day, exercise, weight, goals if you are watching certain consumption (sodium/fats). There is a paid version but I am good with the free one. Once you enter your food each meal, it does all the math for you. If you enter in your exercise, it converts it to calories burned and puts them back in in case you want to up your caloric intake that day. When you enter your weight, if you lose, it will lower calories so that you are always upping your intake game. There is no "plateau" you get stuck at ... so to say.

3. Danyale

On another note and probably one closer to what you meant, haha. Are there any good walking apps out there? I am on an android device but I have heard some are over sensitive to movement.
    I hate to buy another device like a fitbit if I can use my phone.

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I use map my fitness for exercise. For food, I don't track :( I could track, using MMF and did for awhile. I have tried my phone's app (I have Samsung Galaxy s5 - tried using "S-Health") but it is too sensitive, and drains my battery.

5. Danyale

That is what I keep hearing that many phones apps are. Does everyone just buy the wrist or watch versions? IDK, it just seems like an expense I am not willing to put out there yet, ugh :p

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I am considering a fit bit, only because I get a $200 wellness reimbursement benefit from my job. Fit bit may wait until next year though, because we are also considering bicycles for family rides. :)

Last year we used it to buy a bar bell and weights set, and my PiYo dvds...

7. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I use my fitbit daily - like to track my steps in a day, it also tracks my sleep and my heart rate. I am on a 28 day challenge right now thru my local gym, so I am on a pretty strict diet, and at this point don't need to track what I eat, because we are kind of doing that thru our challenge without an app. I am in week 3 of 4, and so far am down 7 lbs. and over 4.5" lost overall, so feeling pretty good about it. I don't know if I could live without my fitbit and I am not sure exactly why, I just love seeing my progress. It does sync with MyFitnessPal as well, but like I said I don't really track my food intake as much in an app. I do get register rewards for my FitBit activity with Walgreens, so that is a bonus too if you shop Walgreens!

8. Danyale

I love that accountability "I love seeing my progress" YASSSS!

I am sooooo bad about not paying attention once I sit at the computer, it must go back to my 911 days. Hours upon hours before I even realize I am there some days so it would probably help me to get moving quicker or at least more breaks for walks or bike rides alng with my exercise programs. I will have to check it out and see if I want to add another device to myself, ack! Sounds good in theory :nod