First day of school!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karah, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Karah

Karah Karah

ACK! The morning went pretty smoothly overall. I had great intentions to clean the house all day but I've just been sitting here enjoying my first peace and quiet in 3 months. Ahhhhhh.

But now I really need to get down to business. The kids sure make a wreck of this place over the summer.

Did anyone else start today? How did it go? My kids were all great - even my new Jr. Higher was really excited and not nervous at all.

2. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Glad it went well!! We start the 17th and I'm beyond excited to say goodbye to summer and a house full making constant messes!

3. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Well done momma!!! Can you believe how quickly this summer flew by?? So glad the first day morning went smoothly!! Yay!!

We start on Wednesday and I'm partly boo-hooing at the too-fast passage of time and partly really excited for the normalcy of the school year and my plans for work and home.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!

4. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

We do not start til the 27th. So not ready for the summer to be over!

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Can't believe it's here already! Mine go back on the 21st, I think.

6. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

Ours go back sept 4th, we're still deep in summer!

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

27th here as well. I need to go do online stuff already for DS though so that they'll release his schedule for us next week. I have a feeling our last few weeks of summer are going to fly by.

Glad your morning went smoothly, Karah! Hope the kiddos had a terrific first day! :)

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Glad it went well, Karah! You deserve to savor the peace and quiet on the first day. You earned it. :)

My kids go back on the 15th. As much I am bordering on a giant freak out with my teenager starting high school and my baby going to kindergarten, I think I am ready to get back to a normal schedule. This summer has been crazy!

9. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

i cannot believe your little cuties went back to school today. . .! saw your pics and they all looked adorable! i'm just starting to think about all the back 2 school shopping!

10. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

We have one more week to go before ETD (estimated time of departure). Both kids have orientations this week. Apparently my son, who is also starting middle school this year, is going to require a Jansport backpack, so he won't be made fun of by older students. *sighs* And my daughter starts in a new high school. Three miles away is a heckava lot better than a 10 mile drive each morning let me tell you.

Can't wait for school to start!

11. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Glad everything went great, Karah! :) My little niece started 2 weeks ago and the others will start next week. Summer went by fast.

12. mom2da3ks

mom2da3ks Likes scratch and sniff books

My 3 don't start until the 22nd. Glad it all went well!

13. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I haven't decided when we'll start thinking right after labor day

So glad you took a breather on the first day... You probably needed it :)