Finding My Joy

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Apr 11, 2018.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Four years ago, I hit a low. A deep down low that wedged me far into a crater. With many thanks to supportive friends and a boat load of therapy, I dug my way out. Thank you @ForeverJoy for putting Goal Digger on sale today. I saw the kit and remember the layout I made when it came out.

Here's my page:
    [​IMG]

This was made near the end of that terrible summer. I was forcing myself to get up and get dressed -- to dig in and find pockets of joy wherever I could.

Four years later, both my kids are in college. I now have a terrific job. I'm doing well with it. My administration sees my work. They value my work. And importantly, they appreciate my work. That was unheard of in my "former" life. An absolutely mind boggling thing just happened. I signed my contract for next year and they decided that they want to re-do it. Huh? Why? They think they need to pay me MORE!!!

Anyway, I know I will face difficulties, tragedies, and challenges going forward, but I have faith in myself to know I can and will get through it. If you can't find the joy. Create it yourself! #joycreated

Shameless plug: If you don't have this kit, grab GOLD DIGGER today while it's 50% off!!!
    [​IMG]

bbymks5, AJK, LeeAndra and 6 others like this.
  2. Deanna

Deanna New Member

That is awesome Kimberly! Thank you for sharing your amazing story of recovery. ((HUGS))

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Thanks for your prayers and friendship over the years :heartslub

Deanna likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love this thread and hope folks will join me in chat today, for more JOY! cause I believe in NEVER losing your JOY...
    and I am just smiling at this thread! so hard! perfect day

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This warms my heart! I'm so glad you worked through each and every day, had support and made it further than you thought at the time! Hugs!!!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so happy that you worked your way through your darkest time. Scrapping sure does help!! Hugs coming your way.

7. DigiCheryl

DigiCheryl New Member

You are my hero! I know your story, I know how you struggled and fought to climb out of that crater. And I know how much you deserve every praise and accolade you receive for the work that you do whether you’re paid for it or it’s volunteer. So thrilled with your new salary!!! You deserve it.
    Oh and this page? BEAUTIFUL just like you.

bestcee likes this.
  8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Such an inspiring story! Thank you for sharing!

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

This is so heart warming! Thank you for sharing! What a feeling it must be to revisit your page taking you back to the moments when you were struggling so hard ... and now to be thriving! This is why this hobby is so amazing ... to be reminded by how far you have come is just awesome. Congrats to you! And {{HUGS}}!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

What a wonderful story!! Congrats to you for all you've accomplished. I think one of the greatest things we can learn is how to find joy when there doesn't seem to be much and then watching it grow. I agree with Jenn about how wonderful this hobby is when you are able to look back and see how far you've come! That is for sure the perfect kit as well! Thanks so much for sharing :heartlub:heartlub

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing! I love that they are redoing your contract because you are worth more!
    [​IMG]

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This thread brings me JOY! I'm so proud of you for your journey out of a dark place and I LOVE the layout you made with this super kit! Congratulations to you for the bump in salary and for finding a workplace that values and appreciates you! That's just awesome!

13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Awesome and congratulations Kimberly for overcoming things and getting the raise you deserve! Congrats!!

14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

So happy to hear this from you Kimberly! It took time and work but you did it! I bet you are an inspiration to more people here than you know. :heartslub

15. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW, what a fabulous story and thanks for sharing!! I purchased her other kit on sale, but now after seeing that awesome layout, am hopping right over there and grabbing this kit also!! You are STRONG, girlfriend!!!
    OOPS, I see this was dated two weeks ago. Well, it is now on my wish list!!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  16. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm so happy for you!! It's always an amazing feeling to know we're appreciated and they show it/prove it!! Beautiful layout too!!