Finding Me In 2023 ~ April 2023 Challenge

Discussion in 'Finding Me in 2023' started by gonewiththewind, Apr 1, 2023.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome to month four of our new monthly challenge series, Finding Me In 2023. The goal of this series is to help you create an album of layouts specifically about you. Each month, a new theme will be presented along with one or more example layouts. By the end of the year, you will have a cover layout, at least 12 layouts, and an ending layout.

The series is facilitated by me (gonewiththewind or Cheryl of Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs). Each month, one or more TLP designers will sponsor. You may find a new product from the designer sponsor(s) to help you specifically create your layout in keeping with the month’s theme, an exclusive coupon to purchase product from the designer sponsor, or a random giveaway.

THIS MONTH’S SPONSORS are Becca Bonneville and ninigoesdigi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

APRIL’S THEME: HOME

If you've been around The Lilypad this year, you know that our month long scrapping event, Month of Challenges, was about Coming Home. The focus was on the roots and art of our story. For Finding Me In 2023, April's theme is also about HOME. I found this description of home from vocabulary.com and thought it was perfect:

Home is where you live: your house, apartment, or condo. It's also the place we feel most comfortable, loved, and protected — where we most feel at home. Home is many things to many people. It's the place you live, and the places you love: people might feel at home in a bookstore, a park, or certain cities.​

For this month, as you ruminate about home and how you want to create your layout for this month, you might think quite literally of your home. It could be the home you are in now, a childhood home, or a house where you would like to live. You might also want to think of home in less literal fashion. It could be that coffee shop around the corner where you have a familiar table and waitress, and going there is part of your daily life. It's not your actual abode, but it definitely makes you feel at home.

As in previous months, I'm giving you a broad theme and asking you to create a layout that you want to include in this album that would give your loved ones a peek into who you are. Maybe you've already scrapped about your current home multiple times. Instead, you might like to scrap about a childhood residence, a best friend's home that became yours for a time, or a coffee shop where you feel at home. Or perhaps you'd rather share a more intimate portrait of yourself and how you've come to feel at home in your skin. All of these are fantastic ways to document home in your Finding Me In 2023 Album. If you'd like more inspiration, please check out some of the challenges for MOC 11 Coming Home. In particular, I'm thinking about Karen's challenge to scrap everyday moments or Laura's challenge about coming home to yourself.

There is no requirement for a specific number of words you must use on your page. You may be able to convey your thoughts and feelings with word art or photographs.

To help you create your themed layout, Becca and Nini have these coordinating freebies just for you!

For Becca's freebie, click on the preview image that will direct you to the product in the TLP store, where you can add it to your cart and check out.

[​IMG]
    For Nini's freebie, be sure to check your in box for her newsletter. If you aren't a subscriber yet, please click on the freebie preview image to subscribe to her newsletter.

[​IMG]

Here are some additional products by Becca that may help you complete your layout. Please check out all Becca's home related products that will be on sale April 1-30, 2023!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are some additional products by Nini that coordinate with her freebie that may help you complete your layout. These products are marked 50% off from April 1-30, 2023!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need inspiration for creating your layout about home?

Check out this amazing layout by Amie @amien1 using Becca's freebie template:

[​IMG]

FINAL DETAILS:
    • You may create your album in whatever size and format you choose. You can scrap single or double page layouts.
    • Post your layout in this thread so we can learn more about you while you’re learning more about yourself!
    • Please follow our main gallery guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%). Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
    • Finding Me in 2023 Challenge layouts must contain 50% TLP product. Eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store.
    Please enjoy this coupon from Becca for 30% off when you spend $10 in her store. Coupon does not include collabs, Memory Pockets Monthly (MPM), or CCM (Create Crate Monthly).

[​IMG]

Please enjoy this coupon from Nini for an extra 10% off on SOSN Home related goodies every Wednesday in April. Coupon is for newsletter readers only. Check your in box for Nini's newsletters or click on the image below to subscribe!

[​IMG]

G.J., bonnenuit, amien1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Love this challenge!! I'm a couple of months behind due to *life,* but I've got some specific ideas for this one! Thank you!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

will have to think on this one a bit....I might go a bit left of centre with this one possibly

4. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Woot woot! Looking forward to see everyone's pages!

5. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

Such a fun challenge and so many different ways to approach it! I can't wait to see what everyone does!

6. Brendazzle

Brendazzle Shooting on the Serengeti

I knew there was a reason I was holding off scrapping my garden photos. Turns out there were two: the fallen tomato still ripened and turned purple(!) and now this challenge :D

[​IMG]

I may have to come back and do another 'home' layout to use the gorgeous template Becca provided

7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh this is so great!!! If I'm not mistaken, the BYOC is bringing awesome pieces for this too!!!

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I agree....NBK has some awesome bits that I have used myself.

Mine is a little bit of a twist on the challenge

[​IMG]

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I did a 2 page layout highlighting the living room of all places lived since I graduated college. I used the same template for both pages only flipping and doing some rearranging of photos on the 2nd page. Due to the personal info on the first page, I'm only posting the 2nd that has no identifying information.

[​IMG]

10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Gotta love the ripple afghan Rene ... my grandmother must have made dozens of them. I still have the one she made me and a baby-sized one she made for my daughter. I think the one she made my mother was in similar colors to yours.

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Every winter my mother would knit one of these afghans. I actually found her pattern about 15 years ago and a list she made of every one of them she made. The first one she made was in shades of blue for me. I still have it. The brown one in photo #4 she made when I moved out on my own. I also still have the one in shades of yellow/orange that was for her and one that was scarlet/grey (OSU colors) for dad. Those 2 are still in the living room as you can see from photo #6. Her list has 23 afghans listed.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used Becca's template but modified it to create a whimsical view of my home.
    [​IMG]

Becca Bonneville likes this.
  14. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Like I've done with past months, I created multiple layouts. The one layout from Farrah's slooooooooow scrap will be my 6th page for HOME...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Becca Bonneville and flowersgal like this.
  16. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

Thanks for the goodies and the challenge.
    [​IMG]

acwfoster and Becca Bonneville like this.
  17. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I have done several home layouts which I will include in this section. But since we like to travel, I thought I'd take a different turn and do a layout of one (maybe more in the future) of the places we go that "feels like home."

[​IMG]

18. trinanne

trinanne Member

19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe