Fig Newtons | Pad Patter 1.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 16, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So evidently it is Fig Newton Day
    [​IMG]

I have not had a Fig Newton in years!! We used to have them in the house all the time growing up and I loved them! I'm not sure I've ever even bought any or if my kids have ever had them, and I'm not sure why. But now I feel the need to get some next time I'm at the store and see if they taste the way I remember.

Do you eat Fig Newtons? Or hard pass?

cfile likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I used to eat them as a kid and they were ok. My great grandma liked them, but I haven't had them in years and years.

cfile likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Probably been 50 or 55 years since I had one. I honestly don't remember.

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I do, but not "Fig Newtons". I buy Figgies and Jammies since they're allergy friendly. They taste just as good, and I really, really love the strawberry ones! Unfortunately they've gotten to be too expensive for me to purchase unless they're on sale. But when I do have them they are amazing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I ate Fig Newtons sometimes when I was a kid. I bought them once for my oldest daughter to try when she was a kid and she was not impressed. I would eat one if offered, but there are so many other good things I'd rather have.

@QuiltyMom Jan, I haven't seen those, but I regularly eat Pamela's brand Whenever Bars. Better than cookies! :P

6. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

I used to eat Fig Newtons as a kid. My mom loved them so we always had them. It has been EONS since I have had one though. Now I am curious as you, and wonder if I would still like them or be like what was I thinking hehe.

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

@QuiltyMom Jan, I haven't seen those, but I regularly eat Pamela's brand Whenever Bars. Better than cookies! :P[/QUOTE]
    Oh - I'll have to look for those!

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've had them when I was younger....its been years since I've had them now as they are an imported specialty product here

9. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

They have never been my favorite, but I don't dislike them. As an adult, I'd rather use my calories elsewhere :) With that said, Costco sells fig bars that come in different flavors (strawberry, blueberry, etc) and my 4 year old LOVES them!

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I agree - it was something that was more common when I was a kid.
    Don't even know if it's available this side of the pond anymore.
    Love the other examples you can get - strawberry etc.

11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Looking at the gif I think those are just called fig roles here. We had them when I was in my teens. I can't have them anymore due to be on a gluten free diet. All my children inherited the coeliacs, so they've never tried them.

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I loved them but have not bought them in years either. Now they have lots of flavored ones but I like the originals !

nabisco also had raisin biscuits I loved but they stopped making them. Now I get something similar when I go to the Asian grocery.

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I had them as a kid... and they were ok. I remember trying to eat the outside layer mostly, lol!

I'd pry pass as an adult...

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I like them and still will grab a bag occasionally. I don't know if it's nostaglia or what. :giggle I do like the strawberry versions better than the originals though.

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I had them occasionally as a child and I buy them occasionally for my fam. Some of my kids like them and some don't...my hubby loves them. LOL.

16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My mom bought them all the time when I was growing up, loved them then love them now. My kids and GK love them too. I've never been much of a cookie eater, but I actually had 3 last night. The original variety.

Sunshine Golden Raisin Biscuits! Mom bought those for us too ... another "healthy" cookie. I couldn't find a photo of the package though. They were discontinued 20+ years ago.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  17. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I haven’t had them in years but just put them on my Safeway list!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yup!! My father loved them too :) I find something similar at the Asian grocery but I know there is a version that is sold in the UK too.. I wish they made them again!

19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My hubby loves them, and I've grown to love them as well. I didn't grow up eating any kind of boxed cookies. My mom always made homemade, and still does!

20. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I like them! They just can be bit dry, I can only eat so many at a time lol.

AJK likes this.