Feel like the worst mom in the world.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Micheline Martin, May 25, 2012.

1. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

I know I mentioned a few days ago about mysty possibly having eczema, well we went to the doctor's today to find she has a skin infection not eczema :( I feel horrible!!! She's had it for so long a I've been putting cream on it and it kept going away, every time I booked an appointment it went away so I would cancel it. Well now the doctor told me I would prob take 3-4 weeks to go away and she has a strong cream with medicine in it. From now on I'm getting everything checked. My poor baby girl :(

2. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I'm glad you found out what it was and that it'll all be cleared up soon. You couldn't have known. It'll all be okay, I promise.

(speaking as a parent of two older ones, been there, got through it)

3. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

Poor girl AND Mom!!!! We all have those moments! I did it with the vision screening at school. Colton was saying he could see fine and when I finally went to the eye dr with him, he needed glasses. :(
    I felt horrible for a very long time.

Chin up! She'll be all better soon! <3

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Aw, poor girl and poor mom. Don't beat yourself up, we can't run to the doctor with everything. And once in a while our Mom-spidey-sense fails us.

5. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Oh no!! That figures though. Usually I take my kids for tiny little things and I always feel stupid when they tell me its nothing and send us home. Now I hate to take them in unless I'm sure something is really up.

6. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

Oh dear poor thing!!! Glad you finally got it figured out and she can get some relief!!

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Aww, Mich! You're not a bad mom. She will be well in no time, and you totally get credit for treating it the best you knew how at that moment.

8. milo82

milo82 milo82

aaaw that sucks hunnie and don't feel bad! You didn't know and thought things cleared and taking your baby to the dr. isn't fun either, so I truly understand why you've cancelled before... I would've done the same thing!!! **hugs**

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Well geez, how were you supposed to know! You did the best you could. I'm more like a "oh just suck it up" mom, so I probably wouldn't even have given her the cream. :giggle

10. Micheline Martin

Thanks guys, the cream seems to be helping already, here's hoping it never comes back!

11. la

la A closet sap

def not the worst mom ever :] if it makes you feel better.. we had the opposite problem when ce was little. The dr gave us a script for some anti fungal something bc he thought ce's eczema was ring worm (he and i both get weird circle patches, apparently we're special).. Yeh.... THAT does wonders to eczema :p I should have stuck to my gut.. so I also got the bad mom award then :p

Glad it's working!

12. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Aw, we've all been there. As La pointed out, even doctors get things wrong sometimes. Glad she's doing better!

13. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

It is so hard to decide what is treatable by a Mom and needs a Dr. Do not beat yourself up. Hope it clears up fast.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Poor thing! But, how were you supposed to know, especially if it was going away? But, it's kind of good because now you can get it cleared up and hopefully it won't be a recurring thing for her!

15. Micheline Martin

Thanks guys, Well she's all red and raw again the doctor said it would be weeks before I saw improvement but I'm not waiting that long I hope he didn't prescribe the wrong thing *sigh*

16. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i can make you feel less like the worst mom ever. last year my friend's little girl fell from the monkey bars-not very high or anything, but a fall. she cried a bit, but not wailing like she was super hurt. Later that night she was complaining her leg hurt (keep in mind this kid also complains about 3 week old micro scratches!) there was no swelling and no bruising. The next day she was still complaining and able to walk though. Her mom took her to the doctor and discover she cracked her bone! Casted it for 4 weeks!! We all have our moments.

17. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Oh no! I think all moms have been through something like that at one time or another.