Feedback | Pad Patter 12.14

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Dec 14, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Is it just me or do businesses and services ask for feedback more often and frequently now? Do you fill them out and how do you feel about being asked to 'rate this and that'?

I remember the odd "how was your stay? how was your experience?" tick-a-box card from hotels & restaurants as a kid but that's about all. We had a party for my son and his friends at a place yesterday. While we were there we filled out an ipad survey monkey 'click here, type there, rate this' review before we paid the balance & left the premises. I came home to another one and a request for a 5 star review on Google. The more I get asked to leave feedback, the less I want to and the more it grates on me.

There's a The Office-style series here called Utopia - everytime i leave feedback now i think of one episode where, as a recurring side issue, the main guy had his car in for service and then got emailed & phoned to fill out reviews for a few days after that. He ultimately got his assistant to fill it out and said something about the coffee in the waiting area was terrible, don't give them a 10. So after she left them a 9, the phone calls became about 'we changed our coffee! You can give us a 10'!; 'Come back in, try the coffee and you'll see we're a 10!". So yesterday I left them a 10 remembering this so I wouldn't have to come up with ways for them to improve days later... but now I'm thinking there is no winning in this situation. I verbally recommend places to people I know but don't really leave google reviews

Chippi and MrsPeel like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I agree, Justine. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm always being asked for my review of both the products I buy and the sellers on Amazon. I think it's about time they reward me for all the reviews I write. Right. :hehe

jk703 and bellbird like this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I don't unless the service/item is either amazing or horrible. The only time I've left a review on Amazon was for a travel bag. I loved it so much (and still do!) that I wanted to let people know how it worked and what I could fit in it, etc. Otherwise I don't. Like you, I just don't want to be bothered!

MrsPeel and bellbird like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I did a few Google reviews and for awhile Google kept hounding me to leave them everywhere I went.

bellbird likes this.
  5. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I rarely ending up leaving reviews unless I love or hate something (Trip Advisor is one exception). The suirveys always take up way more time than they say they will which I really resent. :td

bellbird likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I guess they ask more now because it's so easy to do digitally. I actually have always enjoyed filling out forms -- when I was a kid I'd fill out forms in catalogs and such just for fun LOL -- so I will complete surveys if I have time and enough interest. I don't do every survey that comes my way. But I've volunteered to do some for some companies I highly value, like Smugmug.

bellbird likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have to admit I have another one of those love/hate feeling with that kind of thing.

I don't usually fill surveys when is the company who asks for feed back or rating.... BUT ... I like the sites that are independent where you can go give your real, truthful experience about places or products.

When reading in the place where they sell them, I found that many companies hire people to comment positive....and sometimes is almost impossible to shop by guiding myself with reviews....
    some stuff makes sense, but for example, a few months ago I wanted to buy one of those coffee machines, not the pod ones (we have a Tassimo and a Dolce Gusto, one too bitter, the other too sweet!!!) I wanted one of those electric filter ones, this kind
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aigostar-C...-2-spons&keywords=filter+coffee+machine&psc=1

the reviews were so different, some people gave it so low a rating saying the coffee didn't stay warm, others that is was amazing.... and it wasn't like you could guide yourself by the majority of reviews..
    I'm like Jan @QuiltyMom , only review if I find it either amazing or horrible!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:giggle I knew someone would actually like filling them in! :bk

michelepixels likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I haaaaate getting messages from the seller 2 seconds after my item ships and/or arrives at my door. What really annoys me is when the seller is like "Hey, please review the item! Unless you didn't like it! Then email us!" Um, no: I bought something and it didn't work, so I think I should put that in my one-star review, thankyouverymuch.

jk703, Chippi, bellbird and 1 other person like this.
  10. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

It totally depends what the survey is for. I love that some of our designers or local businesses do surveys now and then just to keep up with what we are interested in. I don't love when I get asked instantly and reminded and "a review is due for ___", especially when I order something and I haven't received the item yet because I literally ordered it 4 seconds ago! What?!

bellbird likes this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Sigh. I think the most ridiculous is the survey I get sent after seeing my doctor. I love my primary care person. She's amazing, but having the health care system have me rate "my experience" is ludicrous. I especially have a problem with the question about whether my "beliefs, values, and faith were respected" during my appointment. Makes me want to write that I believe in science, value science & the medical field, and I have faith that my doctor is acting on my behalf.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! Yes... reviews are everywhere I ignore almost all of them. It reminds me of the book The Circle (or the movie). TOO many reviews for every little thing!

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't. It annoys me. If you want me to rate your product or service then I would like something in return, a coupon or a freebie of some sort. Sorry.

On the other side of that, I also read reviews, lol! Oops.... Practice what you preach doesn't seem to be the case for me! :giggle

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

OMG! that is just too far i think! extreme! i'm so glad i haven't received requests from health care professionals here - unbelievable!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I hadn't thought of that but you're so right - and that's kind of scary knowing how the book turned out!

Karen likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i guess i feel like i already paid for the service and i'd be contacting them to complain if the service was not as expected, other than that, leave me alone once i've left the premises! i do read them for big $ things too - and books, but i write a few words generally for books anyway so that helps my conscience feel clear :lol

jk703 likes this.
  17. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Our health insurance is good for one of the local health systems that includes one of the major hospitals in the area and the many clinics/offices/labs associated with that system. It happens to be run by the Catholic Church which is where the question about beliefs/values/faith comes from, I'm sure. My doctor has nothing to do with the survey; it's the health system.

bellbird likes this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This! It spoiled two of my Christmas presents. I'm tempted to go on and leave a crappy review about that.
    But, I get it. People often rate things by the reviews, so if there are no reviews, than a company has a hard time getting noticed, especially on Amazon.

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do reviews when I'm in the mood. I don't mind them. I figure I read enough of them, I should contribute to the system. And since most people only leave reviews when it was a negative experience, I figure I should off set that when I've had a positive experience.

bellbird likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I should admit though that sometimes those wacky comments on Amazon that seem to just be by someone with too much time on their hands, typing long stories for the sake of it & using excessive hyperbole & crazy metaphors are amusing to read)