February Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2022 Challenges' started by jk703, Jan 31, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Good Morning Everyone! I know you are raring to go and get a lot of words out onto your scrap pages this month! :giggle Some of you are eye rolling me, and I'm giggling too! Though... you've got so much to share and so many stories and only limited time to tell them.... so let's get to writing!

This month we are going to share about our favorite holidays - like Valentine's Day, St. Paddy's Day, Thanksgiving, etc. I want you to share about any of them. You could even write about your Birthday or Anniversary.

Polly Carol - (@Iowan) created this masterpiece for me to showcase her favorite holiday - Thanksgiving! And let me tell you, her journaling is very convincing!

I was going to say mine might be St. Paddy's Day - just cause it's a heck of a lot of fun, or 4th of July - since my birthday is the 3rd... but after reading about her holiday, it resonated with me! Family, Food, Fun, and Football. Add in a couple of appetizers and friendly bets and we are golden!

So, for this months challenge:
    1. Scrap about your favorite holiday!
    2. Include at least 7 sentences of journaling telling me about your favorite holiday!

Here is her amazing page:
    2021-Thanksgiving-the-Stress-Free-Holiday.jpg

And another from @Dalis who has chosen Easter as her favorite! And Peeps?! Really? Lol! I do like one or two when they get stale a bit! :giggle
    littleBunny2012.jpg

Challenge Rules:

Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the February Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Ferdy, londoncuppa, Lisa B and 2 others like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Interesting and VERY do-able! THANKS! St. Pat's day was fun- especially the year we were in NYC for it. WOW, they got a little crazed and us midwestern-ers were full of wonder. ha!

3. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  4. Lmaggs

Lmaggs Active Member

5. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I like it! Making notes. I, for one, don't have a problem with words on a page... I tend to overshare. LOL!

jk703 likes this.
  6. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Journaling:
    I love Veteran’s Day because I am a veteran! It’s an obscure holiday where alot of people still have to work, so it’s overlooked and many people sort of forget about it. It’s also a day where they have lots of parades and activities in the city, so it’s a perfect time to escape to the country and have the forest and parks with little to no visitors in them. It's often the perfect time to get out and really enjoy nature without much interference. I love Veterans Day becuase it often falls in the middle of the week, and sneaks up on you!
    What is super cool about Veteran’s Day is the number 11-11!! A VERY cool number and most people do not realize what it means. The number 11:11 is the number of spiritual awakening. It is a direct sign to a person they are beginning the process of spiritual awakening. 11:11 has always really resonated with me, so that is another reason I love
    VETERAN’S DAY!!
    [​IMG]

Macsandy and AJK like this.
  7. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Fun challenge

[​IMG]

9. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So much has changed since our nest emptied that favorite holidays have changed. This one has been constant; our First Date-aversary!
    [​IMG]

Lillyia likes this.
  11. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This was hard! I looked at a list of holidays until one resonated. So funny it was Halloween!
    [​IMG]

12. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

Christmas is my favorite!! :)
    [​IMG]

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I chose Halloween
    [​IMG]

14. Tamsin McAtee

Tamsin McAtee Member

15. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

Christmas is my fav (I know not very unique but I love it)
    [​IMG]

16. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Thanks for the challenge. Translation is in the credits.
    [​IMG]

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for the challenge
    [​IMG]

Lillyia likes this.
  18. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

19. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Things took a turn here. I promise, Christmas is my favorite holiday but gee golly, this year.
    Feb journaling 2022 Christmas is my favorite.jpg

20. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Thanksgiving - me and text spacing don't play together well

[​IMG]