February Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2018 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 29, 2018.

1. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Thanks for this challenge! I'm hoping to get cracking on my Disney vacation album again, and this challenge fit perfectly with the Tiki Room photos! Here's my page.

[​IMG]

2. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Pancakes are their own food group

Almost forgot to post here...it's been a busy month so far for me, and it's only Feb 10...aaaccckkkk...:circles

I truly enjoyed doing this page. This song has been a favorite of mine since I was a small child. Not too many people know it anymore. :(

[​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

4. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

5. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Song/Lyrics - You are my Candy Girl by The Archies

[​IMG]

A-M likes this.
  6. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

[​IMG]

I used some of the lyrics from "Rainbow" by Sia (on the My Little Pony: The Movie soundtrack) -- I placed them around the photo.

Here they are if you can't read them:
    I can see a rainbow In your tears as they fall on down ... I can see your soul grow through the pain as they hit the ground ... I can see a rainbow in your tears as the sun comes out ... here comes the sun smiling down

7. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

8. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Song lyrics from the song "Stories for Boys" from U2 Album "Boy"
    [​IMG]

MrsGaramer likes this.
  9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love this song. The Rose has always " spoken " to me.[​IMG]

11. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I choose a Dutch song for children, it's a theme song from a cartoon called 'woezel & pip'
    it was my daughter's favorite when her daddy died, we played it at his funeral
    In the song there's a lyric about 'are you coming with me to the land of 'close your eyes' you can do whatever you want with a smile on your face' and another lyric 'look up, look at the rainbow, I can see all colors shining bright thru your hair'
    It's not as beautiful as it is in Dutch now I've translated it to English, I still get tears in my eyes when I hear this song. It's a song from my little girl to her daddy. On the picture it's her at his graveside, 5 years later

This is the song:

[​IMG]

bestcee and A-M like this.
  12. Laura1979

Laura1979 Member

This was a great inspiration for my nephew's birthday page

[​IMG]

13. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Thanks so much for this challenge, Courtney. I REALLY wanted to scrap about this hymn for a long time, so it was perfect. The QR code links to a version I found on YouTube that I like, but there are literally hundreds out there. Lyrics & journaling on credit page.

[​IMG]

MrsGaramer and bestcee like this.
  14. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

I have chosen a song of one of our most popular German singer. She wrote this song for her daughter.

[​IMG]

Sorry, if the translation doesn´t always fit!
    The applause is long gone and your heart heavy like lead. Everyone talks to you nevertheless, you are so alone and you look so sad. Come in my arm, let it out. Believe me, I was where you are And know what it does to you. But if you laugh I can see it. I see you with all your colors and your scars behind the walls. Yes, I see you Don´t listen to what others say. Don´t listen to what others say. Don´t you know how beautiful you are? I see your pride and your anger, your big heart, your lion's courage. I love your way of walking and your way of looking at me. How you put your head aside
    I always see how I feel. You know wherever we are that I am your home and what that does to me. If you laugh, now I see all your colors and your scars behind the walls. Yes, I see you. Don´t listen to what others say.Don´t listen to what others say. Don´t you know how beautiful you are? Ohhh, ooohoooo! Every point in your face is so perfect, just by chance. There is nothing better than you. And I wanted it all this way all the terror and the gold. I didn´t want anything more. Like all your colors and all your scars. Don´t you know how beautiful you are? With all your colors
    Don´t you know yet how beautiful you are? How beautiful you are? How beautiful you are?

"How beautiful you are" by Sarah Connor

bestcee likes this.
  15. girlonmac(Lisa)

girlonmac(Lisa) Active Member

16. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

Great challenge!
    [​IMG]

17. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I love to use pieces of songs on my pages, love this challenge!! song: here comes the sun - The Beatles

mine:
    [​IMG]

18. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

We always sing this song if we go canoeing, so it was only fitting that I use it for this challenge!

[​IMG]

19. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

I am always "thinking" in song lyrics so it was hard to pick just one. Then I heard Fleetwood Mac on the radio today and it all fell into place.
    [​IMG]

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is one of my all time favorite challenges- lyrics. I am doing two as two songs have been playing in my head the past few days!
    Here is the first:
    [​IMG]