February 2023 Book Club - Thank You For Listening

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yahoo! We have another round of voting completed and we have another batch of great books to read together. After voting was complete we were able to narrow the list down a little bit. :giggle We did end up having a THREE way tie for the last book, so I'm going to go ahead and add a couple extras to our list! :D

The book for February is Thank you for Listening by Julia Whelan. Feel free to read our book club books in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers. We have a new trick for hiding spoilers. Type whatever you want and then highlight the spoiler portion and click the + button above and select Spoiler. If that doesn't work (seems to be funky on Macs) just highlight your text and change the color to white >>>This is a super secret spoiler alert!<<< like I did right there.

This is a secret! Don't peek if you don't want to ruin the whole book!

[​IMG]

Just a note, anyone is welcome to join in with our book club reading at any time and join in the discussion! The more the merrier! :agree Happy reading!

2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I just finished this one. I really liked it. I just love Julia Whelan and it was fun to learn about the "behind the scenes" of the audiobook world.
    A bit far fetched- Brock is June's grandson (!?!) & predictable, but still fun read for me!

Karen likes this.
  3. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

About 60% of my reading is done on audio, so this was a fun read!

This was such a fun romance set in the world of audiobook narration. I loved the inside look at the work of audiobook narrators. The additional fun with favorite romance tropes, a whole section of epistolary exchanges, and depth of character made this a great read.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I haven't gotten to this one yet, but I think I had it on hold as Audio too. Glad to hear it's a fun one!

5. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

She does so many voices in this book alone. It's incredible. Audio is definitely the way to go if you have access to it!

Karen likes this.
  6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

This sounds like a fun read! I cannot seem to find the audiobook version available (for me, in my country) for now, but I’m definitely putting this on my TBR list.

Karen likes this.
  7. berniek

Bought this on sale on audible a few days ago and started listening today! Enjoyable so far.

Karen likes this.
  8. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

Finally got the audio from the library. I thought it was OK but it just really wasn't my style. You never know when you will find an author you love though so I am always interested to try "new to me" ones.

Karen likes this.
  9. berniek

I never posted my last reaction.
    I really liked this book, the story and the whole audiobook theme since I do like to listen to audiobooks.
    Tbh, in the end it was a bit to cheesy for me. It wasn’t a surprise that they got together and even that the guy was the same.
    But I enjoyed myself when listening.

Karen likes this.
  10. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Finished this one this morning. Not really my style, maybe because I don’t listen to audio books. But something to think about. I never really considered the production of them. It was just ok for me. I’m trying to branch out a bit this year and try new authors

Karen likes this.