Favorite Summer/Winter Memory | Pad Patter 08.16.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Aug 16, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Today is the first day of school for our school district....I'm wondering what your favorite memory from summer/winter 2021?

We didn't really do anything this summer, so I really had a chance to appreciate the little moments. I loved B2S shopping with my kids, camping, the pool and reading lots of books.

Do you have one favorite big memory or lots of small ones?

umyesh likes this.
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

My best memory so far is our family party with the cousins....
    The party was scheduled for April 2020...but Corona was the bummer then...
    We deliberately waited until we were all vaccinated ... setting a new date that suited everyone was not obvious ...

FarrahJobling likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My favorite has to be the family gathering at my house that was planned in less than a week. A cousin and his wife were heading to Michigan from Florida and my town is right on I-75. They gave me an ETA and I informed various family members of the information. We ended up with 5 of the 6 grandchildren in the family (#6 lives in Texas) being together for the first time since my mother passed away almost 25 years ago. We had 15 people here for several hours and had a great time catching up. We were missing a few members of the family besides the cousin in Texas. But the fact that the core of the family... the grandchildren of Leo and Ruby were able to be together was awesome especially on such short notice.

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

My favorite part has been going fishing as a family.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I went antique and estate sale shopping a couple of times and it was fun just being out and about.

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh gosh, we really had a great summer and it was so needed after last summer!
    We have stayed on the go, making several road trips to a museum, amusement park, movies, water park, and beach x2! But I think my favorite was when we went to Pittsburgh to see a MLB game! It was so fun to see DS's face and reaction getting to see his favorite Dodgers players up close.

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Probably vacation to the beach with the fam back in May.
    Creek days with friends on Fridays.
    My daughter winning the talent show in town.

BevG likes this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have two favorite memories:

I closed on our first house June 1 so we've spent all summer decorating and DIYing and enjoying the new digs & extra space.

I went on my first first date in 14 years (!!) July 31, and it was incredible. He planned the whole thing, and we went to lunch, a rose garden, a bookstore, and dinner. He also sent me home with homemade cheesecake.

9. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Favourite memories from Summer 2021 is celebrating my husbands 40th in June and we celebrated my 40th in July. For my 40th we had a trip to a Safari Park. We haven't really done much this summer as most of it we were still in lockdown here in Wales. I had Covid in July, lucky no symptoms so spent 10 days sitting in the garden in the sun reading my books and floating around my paddling pool trying to keep cool.

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Over July 4th, my family (less my 2 sons) traveled to Michigan via plane with my parents. We stayed at my sister's new house for a week. We got to see my three sisters, one brother, and their families on multiple occasions. It was fun! And the weather was significantly cooler and less humid - always a plus to escape the south in the summer.