Favorite Hybrid Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by mommy2boyz, Dec 17, 2015.

1. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Can you point me to some good hybrid tutorials? I'm starting my first hybrid album in January and I'm realizing that I'm going to need to pointers. I'd love to see your favorite tutorials and tips!

How to print multiple journal cards on an 8.5x11 document would be one I'd love to see. Any printing/formatting tips, really. I think that will be my biggest issue. I'm some what lost when it comes to printing if I'm honest. I'll be using a Pixma 6620.

Also, any for using the Silhouette. Mine is on the way! :)

And finally, where in the world can I find those adorable little clips? I've seen arrows, trees, deer, and I'm going to NEED some! ;)

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

You can just make an 8.5x11 Photoshop document, drag on the cards you want, and print. I don't use that size paper, but I found this.

The Silhouette blog has a lot of great tutorials. They're for all kinds of various projects that often have nothing to do with PL or scrapping, but you can still use them to learn how everything works. :)

3. mommy2boyz

Thanks, Lorry! That link to Heather's blog is PERFECT! I tried just dragging onto an 8.5x11 doc, but when I did, the journal cards were as big as the page! Wasn't sure how to resize them to get them all uniform and to fit a 3x4 pocket. Those templates will be perfect!

4. lorryfach

Aah, yeah there is a version of PSE iirc that has that issue resizing everything the size of the page. I don't think we ever found a solution for it :( but at least the templates show you the right size and the best way to fit them all on the page!

5. mommy2boyz

I have Photoshop CC that I use for all of my photo editing and shadowing, but I just prefer PSE for putting my LO's together. I like the photo bin! lol. I'll give it a shot in CC and maybe that will fix the problem. :)

6. lorryfach

I drag from Explorer into CC and it never sizes things up, so I think it should work for you too. :)

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I believe that's pse12. And you are correct, it wasn't fixed. You have to drag the opposite way to get it to not resize.

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Yes, I have pse 12, and it resizes when I drag from the photo bin.

Since our discussion before, I have figured out the copy paste of each layer, which is okay, as long as I write down all my credits before closing things (because the copy paste doesn't keep the file names as the layer name), and that I can drag the tabs into my layout, if I can see the two tabs together (I only see a handful of tabs at once, and sometimes have a lot of elements open).

9. mommy2boyz

Yep. It's 12 I'm working in. Thanks for the help, Ladies! :)

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Btw... many journal card packs come with pdf versions already, so you just print and are totally done. :)