FANniversary Challenge | Yzerbear Memorial Challenge

Discussion in 'Project Mouse: FANniversary 2017' started by designerbrittney, Mar 17, 2017.

1. designerbrittney

designerbrittney CT - Krista Sahlin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On March 5, 2017 we lost one of our most beloved digi-scrap friends. Melissa Dilloway, or Yzerbear19 as she was mostly known as through the digi-communitiy, was taken by cancer far sooner than any of us would have ever expected. Melissa kept a brave face and didn't let any of us know how bad things really were. Her sister told me she didn't want us to worry. The news hit those of us close to Melissa especially hard. We miss her dearly already and celebrating a happy occasion, such as Project Mouse, almost stings a little knowing she isn't at her computer, playing along with us.

We thought a scraplift challenge to celebrate Melissa's immense creativity and talent was the best way to remember and honor her legacy. We'll be scraplifting her beautiful gallery which can be found HERE. Browsing through her gallery to prepare for this challenge was extremely emotional for me, as I'm sure it will be for many of you. But deep breaths, let the tears flow, and look at all the beauty Melissa created, and all the loved she had for her beautiful nieces, her travels, her genealogy work, her cats and of course for Disney! Melissa was a gem and a joy to have known and we will keep her in our hearts always.

What is the prize?
    Melissa's family is currently running a gofundme page to raise money for her final expenses. This challenge will not have a prize for you, but instead have a prize for Melissa. Our goal is to have 20 participants in this challenge. If we get to 20 entries, Krista and I will donate $100 in the name of Project Mouse to Melissa's family. If you loved Melissa and wish you could help her family, please consider making a donation yourself. I'm so proud of the support already shown to her family by the dici-scrap world. If we can help them meet their goal, I would just be over the moon!!! (Donations are NOT required for this challenge in any way. Just trying to pass along the info for anyone interested).

Challenge Rules:

* Your layout must be scraplifted from Melissa's gallery and credit to the original layout must be cited in your credits.
    * Feel free to scrap ANY subject matter - it doesn't have to be Disney.
    * Your layout must contain at least 75% of Project Mouse products.
    * Post your layout to the LilyPad Gallery (Sahlin Studio gallery appreciated)
    * Post your layout here in this thread, and link to your layout page in the gallery
    * Your layout must be uploaded by Monday, March 20 at 11:59 EDT
    * Leave love for fellow scrappers in the gallery

Here are some examples:

Melissa's Page:
    [​IMG]

WenRob's scraplift:
    [​IMG]

Melissa's Page:
    [​IMG]
    Fonnetta's Scraplift:
    [​IMG]

Melissa's Page:
    [​IMG]
    QuiltyMom's Scraplift:
    [​IMG]

Melissa's Page:
    [​IMG]
    Kat's Scraplift:
    [​IMG]

We know Melissa is watching over us, cheering us on. We hope she will be pleased to know so many of us are enjoying her gallery and taking inspiration from it to create our own layouts.

We love you and we thank you, Melissa. To infinity and beyond. [​IMG]

2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Here's my page. Melissa was a beautiful person and a wonderful scrapping artist. We will miss her dearly! :heartslub:(

What I lifted:
    [​IMG]

And my take on it:
    [​IMG]

3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yeah this totally made me cry :) and I love it. What a beautiful tribute.

My page:
    [​IMG]

The page I lifted:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    bellbird likes this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I was so saddened to hear this. I remember her more from the Mousescrappers community than over here, but she was always so sweet. I chose to honor her by scrapping her last page she uploaded here on Jan 1, 2017. I love how her journaling speaks of her love of Disney

My heart goes out to her family!

[​IMG]

And here is my page
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    bellbird, sahlink and QuiltyMom like this.
  5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I picked her adorable page Pure Magic
    [​IMG]

Here's my lift!
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom, bellbird and sahlink like this.
  6. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

This breaks my heart. I was so saddened to hear of Melissa's passing. I love this tribute that you guys did for her! I can't wait to see how many will honor her legacy and scraplift from her gallery. Continuing our prayers for her family! <3

QuiltyMom and bellbird like this.
  7. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I didn't know Melissa. But I looked at each and every one of her layouts in her gallery. What a happy soul. You can just see the love and happiness in her pages. As I am just getting started with my genealogy, her pages are inspiring!! Thank you for memorializing her and introducing her to those of us who were not fortunate to know her.

8. roxanamdm

roxanamdm Me, Myself, and I

All her layouts are gorgeous, I wish I could scrap as neat as she did, just the perfect amount of ellies!
    I chose this one: Treasure

[​IMG]

And made this:

[​IMG]

9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I didn't know Melissa, but I remember looking through her gallery prior to scrapping with my first PM kit. What a great way to honor her memory.

Here is the one I'm going to lift...

[​IMG]

My version...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  10. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

What a beautiful way to remember Melissa! She is greatly missed!

I chose this layout:
    [​IMG]

and here is my layout:
    [​IMG]

11. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I am glad I can be a part of this. I only knew her from here TLP and her gallery.
    I lifted this one
    [​IMG]
    This is my layout
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom and bellbird like this.
  12. kathleen

kathleen CT - Krista Sahlin

Awesome challenge! Totally scraplifted this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (click for credits)

Such a sweet challenge. I was honored to be on a team with her and it's hard to believe she's gone.

QuiltyMom and sahlink like this.
  13. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

Ok, I lifted this one...

[​IMG]

And here is my layout
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom and sahlink like this.
  14. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I lifted this one...
    [​IMG]

And did this one...
    [​IMG]

Melissa was a good friend to me. Looking at her work makes me sad but I know that she would want us to scrap on...

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I didn't know her- but I couldn't think of a better way to honor a fellow scrapper & support her family! It was an honor to browse her gallery- what a beautiful place to see her!

I chose this layout-
    [​IMG]

My lift:
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Looking at all @yzerbear's lovely pages, this was still the one that got me the most.
    [​IMG]
    Here is my take on it:
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  17. angustia17

angustia17 Member

Melissa meant so much to me. Five years ago when I first started, I looked to her pages for inspiration. Every time I scrolled through the creative team, her pages were always the ones I was drawn to the most. The clean lines, not too many embellishments, they were always perfect. I started following her on Instagram and then she followed me back and we became friends on Facebook and I feel like I really got to know her throughout the past few years. I was completely devastated by the news of her passing. I totally thought she would kick cancers butt. It breaks my heart that she wasn't able to take that trip she had planned with her nieces for the first time. It kept getting cancelled, and it just shatters me that she never got to go with them one last time. I will miss her pages, and her "likes" always on my instagram posts, but mostly I will just miss her. I love that you're doing this, and I have the busiest weekend, but I will be finishing this challenge, first and foremost, in her honor.

Here is my layout!!
    [​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/live-laugh-dance.295607/

I scraplifted this one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    ashanddiz and QuiltyMom like this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

This is my page (updated it this morning so swapped it out in the gallery - y'know when you just need to step away a bit or overnight to think about it)
    [​IMG]
    It was inspired by this one of Melissa's that i love
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. chinagrrl

chinagrrl New Member

i never interacted with melissa but i remember her a long time ago from the michelle kwan forum. i had been pinning scrapbook layouts that i loved and realized they were the same person.

melissa's page:
    [​IMG]

my page:
    [​IMG]

bellbird and QuiltyMom like this.
  20. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Going through Melissa's gallery made me break down into tears...she will be missed so much!!!

I chose to lift this beautiful LO
    [​IMG]

Here is my LO...
    [​IMG]