Fall TV starts soon

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Sep 19, 2019.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

What are you anxious to watch? Many are starting up next week and I can't wait! I ordered another PVR box to increase our HD space. We have a great system now (switched over in the early summer to a new voice activated, synced system that lets us watch and record from all our devices).

I have been seeing the ads for 911, New Amsterdam, The Resident, Chicago Fire & Med, A Million Little Things, This Is Us, Bull, FBI, Good Doctor, GA, Seal, Swat, Blacklist and HTGAWM....and more (didn't even mention the comedies yet). I love all of these and can't wait.

There are so many returning shows I love and somehow I want to fit in some new shows too like Prodigal Son, Emergence, Stumptown, Evil, Almost Family and Batwoman.

Good thing I can watch some while I work throughout the day at my desk b/c I don't know when I'm supposed to find enough time to watch everything LOL. I usually let some of the new ones pile up on the PVR for a bit, waiting to see which new shoes get cancelled in a few months and then I just delete those. If a show only gets one season then it has to be really good for me to bother with. I hate getting invested in a show and then it disappears, especially when they yank it and it doesn't even finish the season, so you are left hanging.

So, does anyone else watch as much TV as I do LOL? Scrapping, reading and TV....my trifecta of happiness (well, also photography too). That's my boring life :)

2. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

OMG...me, me, me! I love TV! I will give any show a try usually (almost any), but my must watch shows are (in no particular order...lol):
    1. This is Us
    2. New Amsterdam
    3. Chicago Fire
    4. The Blacklist
    5. Empire
    6. Single Parents
    7. Modern Family
    8. A Million Little Things
    9. How to Get Away with Murder
    10. American Housewife
    11. Bull
    12. All American
    13. Riverdale

As for new shows, I'm probably going to try out:
    1. Evil
    2. Stumptown
    3. Prodigal Son
    4. Emergence

I'm also a reality TV junkie, although I won't watch just ANY reality show. Sounds funny to say I'm picky...about reality TV...hahaha! It's no wonder I stay up too late and have piles of laundry to do. ;)

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@Coreen I watch all the shows you watch except for Riverdale which I want to watch, just haven't had time yet.

Me too...I watch reality tv but just certain ones.....SYTYCD, Big Brother, Survivor and the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows and in the summer "Bachelor In Paradise". My hubs will watch BB and Survivor but not the others so I watch those on my laptop during the day while in my office or late at night after he goes to bed.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Not a big watcher of network television comedies or dramas. My go to watching is reality TV specifically Survivor, Amazing Race, sometimes Dancing With The Stars and some of the shows in the Bachelor family.

Last winter I got hooked on Masked Singer and it will be back this fall. My only problem is it is airing at the same time as Survivor. No DVR here. So I will watch Survivor and watch Masked Singer the next day on the internet. I did watch the season premiere of Dancing With The Stars but not sure if I will watch all season... have to see if the changes they are making make it better as far as eliminations go.

During the day background noise on the TV is a variety of channels. Food Network, WETV, Oxygen, ID Channel, OWN or HGTV depending what is on.

I may spend my time watching past seasons of Survivor in preparation for the season to air in 2020 since it is former Survivor winners. I'll watch the ones available on Amazon Prime to get familiar with some of them again. At some point I want to watch the Country Music documentaries now airing on PBS. Will wait until they have all aired though and watch online.

5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Not a huge tv viewer, but I've gotten hooked on a bunch of network shows the last couple of years including:

New Amsterdam
    A Million Little Things
    This Is Us
    Good Doctor
    Single Parents
    The Village
    Call the Midwife

I'm sure there are a few others, I just can't think of them now. And then there are the series on Netflix ...

6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I think the only regular TV shows that I'll be watching are Bull and NCIS. I'll have to check the DVR schedule to see what shows DH has there. I know Criminal Minds and Big Bang are gone. I can't think of any new shows that I was interested in.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've only recently started watching some TV again, but I'm mainly just binge watching older stuff because we don't have cable, only streaming (Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon). I finished all of Supernatural a couple of months ago and I'm anxiously awaiting the last season. I'm also looking forward to the final season of The Good Place. Right now, I'm about halfway through The Walking Dead. I have tried to watch it a few times, but never got hooked. I think I'm in season 6 now. I really enjoyed The Sinner, but it's not due for season three until 2020 I think. I like Riverdale, too, but I'm behind a season on it.

8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I just remembered I will be watching the second season of Jack Ryan when it starts again on Amazon Prime.

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i dont really have any idea what half these shows are but from scrolling through, i'm glad to see New Amsterdam is getting a new season, i hate when new shows just disappear in to oblivion & DH & I watched that earlier this year.
    there's an Aussie version of Masked Singer starting here next week, i think the kids seem more interested in it than me; sounds like it's going to be lots of filler 'umming and ahhing' from a panel of 'judges' that i don't really have any interest in

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, the judges on the American version sort of ruin the show with the commentary during the performances but what we do see of the actual performances are mostly good and trying to figure out who is behind the mask is very interesting. I knew week 1 who 2 of the performers were on the season that aired last winter. One by voice (Donny Osmond) and one by clues (Joey Fatone). A couple weeks later I was positive on Gladys Knight. Some of the people that are on it that are not known for their singing are actually quite good. Rumor Willis was a big surprise to me last time around.

bellbird likes this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, I am so excited for my fall TV! New shows are italicized.

1. SNL
    2. Blacklist
    3. Stumptown
    4. RHONY
    5. RHOD recently started but I'll consider it a fall show
    6. Bless this Mess, DH wants to start watching it so I have the season 2 premiere set to record...but we should probably watch s. 1 first? lol
    7. Modern Family
    8. NCIS: NOLA (I've lost interest but it's nice to watch while scrapping cuz I'm not fully invested)
    9. NCIS: LA
    10. The Good Place (LOVE this show! Sad this is the last season but also glad because it'll be wrapped up nicely)
    11. American Housewife
    12. Mixed-ish
    13. Vanderpump Rules

Shows I'm not sure when/if they're coming back:
    1. The Orville (moving to Hulu; eps to come in 2020)
    2. The Guest Book (hilarious show on TBS)
    3. Murdoch Mysteries, aka The Artful Detective

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

New Amsterdam
    A Million Little Things
    This Is Us
    Good Doctor

the new one I want to watch is Almost Family .. I am sure there are a few more new ones I will try but that is all I can think of right now. I have Young Sheldon too set up on the DVR.

Netflix in October will be the Crown... the 3rd season .. I am looking forward to that too

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We don't have cable/satellite, so my viewing is either Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime for shows and then I watch a lot of YouTube (scrapping, crafting, planning, etc.). We usually pick a show and then binge it. I'll have to keep my eye out in the next couple of years for some of these shows y'all suggested. **giggle**

sthomas51004 and cfile like this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

While we have basic cable, I'm almost strictly a streamer. But y'all had me fooled with the This is Us. I thought omg a new season! :cry

15. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think the two I'm most looking forward to coming back is Poldark (on PBS Sept 29) because it's the final season and then also I'm really looking forward to the next season of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime (Nov 1). I re-watched the 1st season again a week or so ago and it's SO good!

honeyandcheese likes this.
  18. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

We don't have regular television service, but I'm looking forward to NCIS when we re-subscribe to CBS for the fall. And the new season of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

Beyond that, I'm re-watching Once Upon a Time and my husband I started NCIS from the pilot again. It's so fun to see how shows evolve over time and pick up on things we missed the first time (or two) through.

19. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

a lot of those shows are not aired here, only on cable TV, but the ones I love the most are This is us and HTGAWM , which I just saw the first episode...

but I watch a bunch of stuff on Netflix, Amazon prime and HBO...

20. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

We only have Amazon, Hulu and Netflix in our house. No cable.

I am still watching Law & Order SVU but on my own pace. I think I'm on the current season now.

My daughter and I are waiting for Anne with an A to come back in January.

My son and I were watching Riverdale but have paused for now. We are on season 2. We put it aside to watch 13 Reasons Why season 2 (finished it!).

We are so busy that we don't often sit down to watch all these shows coming out. My husband and I started many shows that we have abandoned just because there isn't enough hours in the day. :(