Fa La La La La | Pad Patter 19 July

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jul 19, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July? How do you feel about it? (Are you a Before or After Scrooge?)
    [​IMG] or [​IMG]
    (After seeing the Gif Game thread, feel free to reply with a gif or pic!)

I live with a Bah Humbug Scrooge in December and year round but we have traditional English plum pudding (that I grew up with as a annual Christmas food) in July. It's hard enough to get DH to get the tree & ornament boxes out of the roof space once a year though (and me balancing boxes while on a ladder is asking for trouble) so my Christmas July joy mostly extends to here and watching Muppet Christmas Carol - but it's DD's birthday this time of year and DS usually gets a present as well so it's a bit like Xmas.

LoveItScrapIt and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well, that snowball fight that @Serena started got me in the mood -- and I do have some January/February photos to scrap...

And I checked --- I have at least 4 or more "winter" kits on my wish list and they are all on sale....

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

[​IMG]

Nope, not thinking about Christmas (even though I did order a couple of gifts on Prime Day). I am right smack dab in the middle of enjoying my summer. I want winter and all that goes with it in the farthest recesses of my mind. I would love Christmas so much more if it didn't come with winter LOL. Maybe I should celebrate in July and not December hahaha

Cherylndesigns, Serena and bellbird like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

[​IMG]

Serena likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

you are super organised - and there's something about even grumpy cats in santa hats that is just so cute!!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Haha Not really. I don't think I've ever purchased a gift this early in my entire life LOL I typically don't even think of starting before Dec. 1. I caved on one for DS and gave it to him already...it wasn't much and he kinda needed it.

bellbird likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Nope, I have never celebrated Christmas in July. :headscratch

bellbird likes this.
  8. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

In the middle of winter, I'm swearing like a sailor and hating it... in the middle of summer, I'm wishing for the cooler temperatures.. I literally can never be pleased apparently!! :blahblah lol!! Well.. that's not true, I'm sooo happy in Spring and Fall when it's just warm in the day and then sweaterish weather at night. That's my sweet spot! Bonus if it rains a lot too!

I've had a rough couple of years, so my usually I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!! and psychotic love for the holiday was seriously dampened, but before that (and hopefully this year!) I'll be back on track to celebrate full throttle and every chance I get to celebrate my beloved holiday, I will!

Plus, if calling it Christmas in July means a sale, well count me in, it could be Halloween (I hhaaaaattteee that holiday) in July and if there's a sale, well put on my witches hat and call me ready!

@BevG :glomp

bellbird and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hmm. Our June is super busy with school stuff and friends/family birthdays and Father's Day, so I try to keep July low-key. No Christmas in July celebrations at home. But...I'll take the Christmas in July sale. Woo hoo! And I buy Christmas gifts throughout the year (whenever I see something on sale for the kids or what have you), so I guess a little part of my brain is always in "Christmas mode," no matter the season.

bellbird likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, it's super hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you live in a tropical area. The first year we lived down here, I didn't think I ever would. It's still hard, but I decorate like crazy and play happy holiday songs as much as I can. I try to start my shopping in November and do most of it at Amazon. Come to think of it, I shop Prime all the time. I just ordered my grandson's birthday gifts a few minutes ago. LOL

I'm super excited to see the Christmas/holiday sale here at TLP! I started yesterday with the couple we got - bought a Christmas kit. I have a couple more on my Wish List. I'm ready to scrap Christmas in July!!:tree

bellbird likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOL - great! I love a bit of "Easter in August" myself!
    Me too - i started today actually, I've been playing carols the last few days to psych myself up and it was refreshing to not listen to them in the shops for a change! possibly the best thing about shopping for real xmas in July is not hearing that Mariah song on repeat! (don't get me wrong, i love it, until i've heard it multiple times every day for over a month)

Serena and Tree City like this.
  12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I love the idea of Christmas in July because its the only way I can handle a traditional hot Christmas dinner without passing out from heat exhaustion in the kitchen!

[​IMG]

Serena likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It must be hard changing 'weather zones' but all i've ever known has been xmas in summer (while watching cartoons and movies about snowy xmas!). I just saw some of your decorations in the gallery! :beat I wonder if I could get a santa hat to sit on a gum tree?!

:hehe:heartlub
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Well no...... BUT, this will be me!! LOL
    FD2B6BD0-2AEF-4A91-B0CF-F9A259AA7408.gif

bellbird and Serena like this.
  15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Basically me...
    [​IMG]

16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You could just put a hook or a small nail in it, Justine. Hang the hat on that. :tree:rofl

bellbird likes this.
  17. Serena

Fun nerd fact, did you know that that scene right there was completely improvised and the reaction of the guy in the middle to "the most annoying sound in the world" was genuine? He'd about HAD IT with all of their shenanigans!!!

bellbird and carrie1977 like this.
  18. Serena

Easter in August and Valentine... no, no, I hate that holiday the most.. let's go for... uh... Fourth of October!!! Cue fireworks gif!

bellbird likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Ha! That's funny. No doubt that the two of them together is a treat.

20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

YES!! I LOVEEEE <3 <3 <3 Christmas & anytime of the year! ;) As a hygienist- when I'm scheduling patient's next appointments- I always know when it's 6,4 or 3 months until Christmas! I too have a bahhumg hubby- but he knows "happy wife= happy life" :giggle
    #countdown#alltheelfgifs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]