Extractions have never been easier!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by SeattleSheri, Jul 4, 2020.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I just have to say I'm really loving the new and improved subject selection tool in the latest version of PSCC! It does a fabulous job. Sometimes I don't have to do any "clean up" at all!

I know they are not everyone's jam, but I've always loved extractions and this tool definitely cuts down on time!! It even does a great job with hair. The object selection tool is also pretty slick for images that don't have defined subjects. Anyway, just thought I'd mention in case anyone missed it and wants to play around.

Here is an example. You can see on the layers palette, even though the background is pretty "busy," I still got a good result.

upload_2020-7-4_9-25-6.png

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Very cool Sherri! TFS, I haven't updated yet. I was admiring your 4th page earlier and it's cool to hear that PS keeps improving these tools. I'm excited to give it a try!

Your page is fab!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  3. SeattleSheri

@jenn mccabe Thanks Jenn! :heartlub:heartlub I was apprehensive to update because I know some people have had issues, but so far I've been totally fine (knocks on wood). I've found the performance of the program to be better too. Before I updated it was constantly closing on me, which is super frustrating and I haven't encountered that at all since the update.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh, what a cool new feature. I've also been hesitant to update since people have been having problems with it. Maybe I'll give it a try!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  5. SeattleSheri

@HeatherBI'm on a Mac, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but the last version really helped with some of the bugs for me :) I know there is always a risk when you update. I usually wait a while until some of the bugs are worked out!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh fun! I haven't upgraded yet but I keep meaning to. I look forward to playing around with the updated Subject Select tool!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Glad to hear Sheri! I am always starting to jump into PS and then I jump back out. I'll have to remember you are my Mac 'Big Sister" for guidance when I get stuck. Extractions have always been a nightmare for me.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Love this new feature!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  9. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Oh, I haven't played with that yet - I love doing extractions. I'll have to do some now - thanks, Sheri!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Wow!!! That's really wonderful. I don't use that version but I am sure it is such a joy. That page is a powerful composition!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Last time I updated my PSCC it messed up my entire computer, I am afraid of doing anything.