Exercise equipment recommendations

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by meterr, Dec 28, 2015.

1. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Were looking into a machine like a treadmill or elliptical type machine. We have limited space, so smaller size would be good. Not looking to spend a ton, but dont want anything too cheap that it will fall apart. Any recommendations would be cool!

2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I found an elliptical on one of those FB garage sale groups. It was old one, but it had been top of the line in it's day. Of course I don't use it as much as I should but I have it set up in my room, in front of the TV. My daughter uses it quite a bit.

meterr likes this.
  3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I don't have any brand suggestions, but was actually going to suggest a second hand store. In our area here in Arizona, we have two fitness re sale shops, where they sell used sports and fitness equipment. And, I bought our exercise bike at a goodwill (a second hand/thrift store) on a 50% off weekend (our area does these every other Saturday)... so I spent $17 on it!

Also, check in with your employer, possibly. Mine offers a "wellness reimbursement " up to $200/year. For 2014, we bought a set of barbell and weights from one of the above mentioned shops, and my PiYo DVD program. For 2015, I am ordering my Fit bit Charge HR tomorrow from amazon.

meterr and enjoyyourpix like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Thread Hijack @klee73010
    Do you like Piyo? I've debated on it a few times.

klee73010 likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh, and I have no equipment recommendations because every at-home one we've bought has fallen apart. So we decided to go for the gym pass this time.

meterr and enjoyyourpix like this.
  6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I only made it through 4 weeks, if that. It's okay. I thought I would totally love it, but I ended up just sort of liking it, if that makes sense. I may pull it out again, but I really like running... i know I need to have more variety in my workouts, but I just haven't been interested.
    I also have "yoga booty ballet" which is like the prequel to PiYo. Something I bought at target or something for like $10 several years ago.

To be honest, I don't like dvds, because I have to have room at home, and I get embarrassed to do them when people are home. Now that I work at home, I prefer to skip my lunch breaks to log out early, rather than do a workout. Blah... lol

In the past, I've also done Zumba videos on YouTube.

meterr likes this.
  7. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

We have a pretty sturdy treadmill (got it at Dick's on sale, but still spent a good bit on it). It's in our garage with my DH/DS weight set. It's like our home gym and we were both able to cancel our gym memberships, so it paid for itself over time. We are actually adding a stationary bike this week that my parents don't use anymore. Bonus for free stuff. It's old and not sure how it will work, but it'll give some variety.

At one time, we actually had an elliptical as well, but the treadmill was more versatile so we got rid of it to make room. Sometimes I wish I had it back for the above mentioned variety, but alas... I'm married to a purger.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i'm exercise equipment challenged. but we just got rid of our treadmill, it was old, falling apart and no one liked using it. running indoors is a drag for everyone in this house. we did just get a BowFlex Tread Climber and I used it just now for the first time. a lot of us have knee issues and this thing make exercising without knee pain very do-able. i was no in charge of picking the stuff though ... so no idea how its rated and all that ... but it is big like a treadmill and i think it was pricey. i just use whatever comes into the house. we just got a bike too. i'm having fun looking up cycle "classes" with apps on my iPhone. a bike can be nice and compact!

good luck with whatever you choose!