Everyday Wishes / Pad Patter 05.24

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 24, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I keep seeing the trailer for the new Aladdin live action movie everywhere with Will Smith as the Genie so I'm doing some frivolous wishing/ venting and sighing today.
    I wish I could sleep better - it's apparently a skill I don't have (& also I wish people (including the pet bird, who thinks he's people) would stop interrupting me when I sit down to type anything; it's the 4th time I've gone to finish typing this and it's not that long a post!)

So what are you frivolously wishing for today/tonight?
    I can probably sympathise but I'm no genie although I may find you a gif related to your wish (& are you seeing that trailer everywhere too? what do you think of it?)

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Patience with too many women in my house spending the night. I'd forgotten how jealous sisters get over sharing their mother (me).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Karen, jenn mccabe and cfile like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I wish for all Memorial Day traffic to disappear. It's so bad here, which makes me not want to leave the house. Ohhh, maybe a better wish would be "I wish that people could blink and then magically appear where they want to be." (Kind of like apparating.) Why limit my wish to this holiday weekend here in the States?

Karen, jenn mccabe and cfile like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh i struggle with Patience too (and apparently so do Genies so you are not alone! We feel your pain and frustration)
    [​IMG]

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

For some reason I think crossing fingers and blinking at the same time might help!
    [​IMG]
    ... Or maybe it doesn't & you stay home & scrap this weekend?! (but that would be such a great alternative to modern transport & gridlock!)[/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Tree City likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

My daughter is waiting for that movie to come out on Netflix just to see Will as the genie. LOL. She is going to fast forward through all the rest of it!

I can't say I'm wishing for anything right now. I have a 3 day beautiful weekend ahead of me - and we are not traveling anywhere. Ahhhh. The traffic last night on my way home from work was insane. (other direction thankfully!) so I feel your pain @Tree City

I guess maybe I wish away 10 or 15 lbs?! I could go for that wish!

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks, Genie. :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oooh, goodness, let's see. I have LOADS of wishes!

Our power went off for about a minute today because I'm sure the power grid is being overloaded. It's 5:30 pm right now and it's 93 degrees with a heat index of 100. So I would first wish for more tolerable temps (which is a pipe dream), so I'll settle for our air conditioner to continue to work!

And a more frivolous wish . . . I wish I had more money than I could count so I could go buy all the craft things I want and basically have a store in my craft room. Oh yeah, and I'd like a craft room. Bwahahahaha!

Karen likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

that's a pretty good idea actually! the clips i've seen make aladdin look more plain old socially awkward than cute awkward like i remember from the Disney version!
    That would be great, I'd get on board with that one too but i think even Genie struggles in that department...
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

let me try and whip you up a light breeze
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (man, i think that's beyond my genie scope - i think you need an Oprah for that one!)

Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]

followed by
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

ALADDIN WAS SO AMAZING.

I wish Mena would take me on a magic carpet ride. :beat:beat:beat

[​IMG]