Ever do something really dumb???

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by DoodleBop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

Today I had to go out and get Noah's birthday gifts!! :thumbsups :yesss That is always so much fun, right? :wooot Well, it is until you realize you have somehow lost $50!!! :dizzy Yes, you read that right. I have bawled my eyes out. However, I have to say my hubby handled this way better than me. I have seriously had a meltdown. I did, however, get a really awesome discount on a video game for Noah...lol. Sadly, it is because we think after I left the game store this is when I had dropped the money. There was a guy in there and the manager said he was acting really funny. I called there and asked if she had found any money and she told me she hadn't, but she told me to come back for the other game. She knocked quite a bit off. She said she almost started crying on the phone with me. At least the story has a happy ending. :thumbsups Now, he just has to wait 7 days for the other video game because it isn't out yet...lol. My FIL tried to make me feel better by telling me that he has lost money before, too. I just feel so dumb because I never do anything like this. :hissy

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I think I do something dumb on a daily basis, welcome to my little world. don't cry be happy you are in a place with really nice people! lol

3. hslater

hslater Member

Yes I have done dumb things too :(

That must have been frustrating though especially as $50 can get you a bit for a birthday boy!!

4. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Oh man, that stinks Erika. However, I would venture to say that things eventually even out. You will find money - I see it in your future :)

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

:like

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, I do dumb often too. I'm so sorry for your lost money. I hope Rachel's prediction comes true and it'll all even out.

7. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I cleaned out my purse late one night, full of old receipts etc and it wasn't until a few days later I realised I had thrown out a gift voucher as well-$50 also - so throwing away money, possibly, ok probably way more dumber than losing it.

Karma happens, so hopefully something nice will happen to make your week lovely...

8. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

This is basically why I'm not allowed to carry cash anymore. I'm always "misplacing" it.

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OH yes, that is one of the worst feelings ever!!!! I have to say that finding money flying around on the street gutters is one of the best. Sorry my post is not helping. HUGS!

10. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

That happened to me once with a $100 bill that I had tucked away to save. I took it to a garage sale where my husband wanted to buy a piece of furniture. Ultimately he wasn't able to negotiate the price we wanted to pay, so we left without buying anything. You can imagine how completely furious I was when I realized I must have dropped the money from my pocket at the garage sale, and I didn't even come home with anything!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  11. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

:( I hate that feeling!

12. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Aww it's so annoying when you lose money but I'm glad the shop helped you out they wouldn't here,happy birthday to your little one too

13. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

One day I FOUND a $50 bill in my pants pocket. I was all YAY! But my dh was all "I hate that". I was like "why would you hate finding $50?" and he said "Because it makes me wonder how much more you've lost". :rofl

I'd lose my house if it wasn't always on the same spot of my street.

14. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I feel your pain, I have done this too. Its actually sad how easy it is for me to do something like this ... I would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on:)

15. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

Thanks everyone. Of course my internet wigged out on me after I posted this yesterday!! :tantrum I am pretty much over because it is life, right? I can only say I have learned my lesson and I am sure whoever found it probably bought themselves something nice...bwhahaha.

Anne, I do other dumb things on a daily basis we just won't go there. :giggle

Rachel, I am hoping that prediction is spot on. We could use it right about now. :thumbsups

Peppermint, I am ALWAYS the one who does NOT carry cash so, I am still trying to figure that one out. Oh, and my hubby had just gotten through telling the story about me losing an envelope with $100 in it the night before. I am thinking he totally jinxed me. :whistle

Dalis, I think I will go check some gutters today...hehehe.

Oh no, Christine, that would be so me!! Totally!!!

Karen, the owner was so sweet and so helpful. He had an awesome birthday. I even told him about all of the Mommy mishaps and he had a lot of laughs at my expense. :giggle

Helen, I still got a bit I just am out a bit more than I wanted to be, kwim? That is the bad part. All that matters is that he had an amazing birthday. :beat

Angie, I used to do that when I was younger. I would find like $20 in my jackets and stuff. I don't do that anymore though. I wonder what happened. However, I did crack up at what your hubby said...bwhahaha!!!:rofl

Amanda, I think this is me summed up in a nutshell especially the older I get. I just turned *ahem* 29 on August 28th and I just cannot seem to get it together some days. Ok, so maybe I am no longer 29 and maybe it is more like 38...you got me. :giggle And seriously, with my health issues my memory is not really good right now and that does not help at all. That is what bugs me because I used to be the one with the great memory. Now, my hubby has a better memory. :thumbsdowns