eek!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by crazygirl, Nov 11, 2009.

1. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

i don't know what to get my 8 year old for christmas!!!!!!!
    he REALLY wants a microscope, a guitar, and an ipod nano.
    that is ALL too much.. LOL
    but i think i've settled on these 2.

microscope

guitar

i'm thinkin he should take lessons if we get him a guitar... is 8 too young for guitar lessons? and can you take electric guitar lessons? or should we start him out with an acoustic... i've played guitar but was in HS....and it was acoustic.
    i can show him some very beginner chords but if we spend this much on a guitar
    i dont' just want it to be a toy. LOL

my oldest daughter is getting a chi flat iron and video camera (she makes videos) i couldn't find the one she posted online.. she must have removed it. LOL

my oldest son is getting the new ipod nano and a dock station

and jenna is getting a bike, a DVD player, some cute little magnet dress up dolls and misc odds and end princess things.......

and for our family gift
    i'm buying the kids a trampoline........

i've always had one growing up and cant' WAIT to have one in my own backyard!

so what's the gift(s) your kids want for christmas?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

OH my goodness you are so ready. I have no idea what my kids want, lol.

My oldest started playing bass guitar this year and goes to the Paul Greene School of Rock. Their program is for 8yrs to 18yrs. They have some amazing amazing 8 year old electric guitar players. So I think it all depends on how much your son wants it. The cost is pretty steep, but you get 45 min. lesson and a 3 hour band rehearsal every week. So you do get the right bang for your buck. And my daughter has absolutely adored it. It's a national program. Maybe they have one near you. HTH

3. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

My son seems to want everything he sees this year. (he is a few months shy of 5) But so far he is getting lots of books, some train track parts, and my old camera. He has one of those FP kid ones but the pixels are really bad, like less than 1mp. So since i upgraded my small point and shoot this year he is going to get my old one. I also got him a photo album so now he can print his photos. I think he will be really excited. He loves to take pictures. And he isn't too bad at it either. DH wants to give him his ITouch that he doesn't use anymore but I don't see the point in that. I am trying to at least put it off till his birthday. I still can't figure out why he needs one or what he will do with it.

4. lizzyfizzy

lizzyfizzy More posts ... need more posts!

we are doing a trampoline for our family gift too! my kiddos want some random stuff. ie. my boys are like head over heels for lego right now so we will do lots of lego. my dd just wants clothes (she's 11).

i am still pretty clueless though!

5. crazygirl

my boys love legos too.
    they will be getting more.
    however i don't know WHERE we will store them.

and rockets..
    have you guys ever launched rockets..
    it's a family tradition some what...
    and i'm getting the kids all their own rockets to build
    and then we go out on the mesa
    and launch rockets..
    it's awesome fun!

6. crazygirl

i need one of those lego tables....
    i'm always dumping their creations
    and get in SO much trouble.
    it'd be nice to leave a table out
    and so i know what they are working on
    and don't trash it.

one with a nice storage bin underneath.
    maybe i can find one on craigs list.
    ROFL

7. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Nicholas has a 59 item Christmas list, I haven't gone all the way through it yet. I was going to type it up and link everything in Kaboodle like I have the past two years - but it's 59 items. Who has that kind of time? I'm thinking I may just scan it and email it out instead. LOL

I've considered the guitar lessons, too, but I wasn't sure if 8 years old (almost 9 now) was old enough, but now after reading Claire's post I'm wondering if I should pursue it more. We tried piano for about two years and he just wasn't all that enthused about it. Having him play an instrument is important to me, I just need to find the right instrument.

8. jstbkuz

jstbkuz needs a spanking

jazmyne (4) wants EVERYTHING She sees on TV and bella (1) doesnt care, LOL

Jaz is getting so far:
    barbies
    barbie house
    barbie corvette
    hot wheels
    princess shoes
    books
    DVD's

Bella:
    old cottage house with accessories
    books
    truck with cards

yeah i cant remember it all, its in the garage.

9. meems

meems New Member

My 5yo daughter wants an American Girl Itty Bitty baby with starter collection so that is what she's getting.

8yo son wants some Lego set so that is what he is getting.

I don't want to get them anything else. Well anything that takes up space.

Oh they might get some Crayola crayon maker they saw. And some books or little things.

Son got an acoustic guitar earlier this year. Um, maybe we should get him lessons now. But I don't think 8 is too young. Well at least that is what the dude at the guitar store said.

10. renee82

renee82 renee82

My kids just want every toy in the Sears wishbook! lol!

But the standard toy is usually some kind of train from the Thomas series... I've already got the ones they want bought. I got some great deals off of ebay.

I also scored awesome with Hot Wheel stuff. It was all buy one get one half off....

We'll see what else Santa brings... hopefully Santa will bring me a new laptop or camera...

Jacque, you would love our train table. My parents made it for Caleb's 2nd birthday and they made it strong enough the kids to be able to get up on it. 'Cause you know it will happen! lol! It would probably be perfect for Legos, although maybe a little low to the ground...

11. AmySumrall

AmySumrall aka Joan

Wow, I feel so unprepared! We actually want to get Sophie a train table. I have to take her to Barnes & Noble at least once a week so she can play on the train table there. LOL. I kid you not, she would play on it all day if she could. of course once she has her own she probably wont be as enthralled anymore... just the way it seems to go. The Thomas the tank stuff can get pricey so I will totally check ebay for that stuff! Great tip, thanks!

12. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

We aren't doing a big christmas this year - the kids really want to go to a big water park that is a couple hours away from us, so we are kind of skipping gifts in lieu of that little trip! They get so much from Grandma's/Grandpa's and then of course we will stuff their stockings (I mean Santa will stuff their stockings), but other than that - we are being super cheap on gifts. I always end up throwing them away within the year anyway!

13. dst212 (Daniela)

dst212 (Daniela) New Member

Uh... do we really have to buy stuff? I'm still working on the possibility of hiding Christmas from Lucas this year. We don't need new toys, or spending on new toys!

14. EricaLA

EricaLA Member

You can do this Dani, but I think it will be a hard because he is in school. When I started school, I didn't know what Christmas was, because our family doesn't celebrate. But the teachers always ask us: Draw Santa, draw the tree, what do you want for Christmas, there is the Christmas play and all the other things. As I don't celebrate, I didn't do any of these things, but that was how I found out there is something called Christmas.

15. dst212 (Daniela)

dst212 (Daniela) New Member

Yeah, but school ends in 3 weeks! Then I guess I'm taking him somewhere with no TV, no malls, no stores, nothing! LOL! If you know a place like that, let me know!

16. EricaLA

EricaLA Member

When I find I will let you know. ;)

17. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

My 7 year informs me that he wants and icoaster.

I have to admit that does look very cool!

18. Joan

Joan tiptoeing round the pad

Wow, I think I want an icoaster!!

19. colleen

colleen Happy to be home!

that icoaster does look cool!!

20. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

We do one gift from Santa and one from us...having said that, I always seem to find a way to add a few things extra in. LOL! Oh, and stockings.

From us this year, we are getting them this: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/powerwheels/product.aspx?pid=49951 (cheaper than that!) or another one...not sure yet. My boys are small, so even Anakin will be able to enjoy it. He doesn't even weigh 60lbs yet and Tristin and Paxtin both weight almost 50. LOL!

From Santa:
    Anakin (9) - Bakugan Toys (can't remember the names of them - some wrist thing where they can hold their cards and calculate their scores, a 7 in 1 toy, and the DS video game
    Tristin (7) - DS Lite and Game
    Paxtin (4, almost 5) - DS Lite and Game

Stockings will have a book, candy, little toys, and a few odds and ends. :)