Eek! Printing Question!!

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by Pachimac, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I just realized that I am going to have a hard time finding a place to print 6x8! Do I just order an 8x8 and have a blank gutter on the side?

if you print 6x8 - help!!!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Are you printing a book or individual layouts?

You could always cut the gutter off with either one? Or use the gutter on an 8x8 to create tabbed page dividers? Like you see in binders?

3. Pachimac

I want to print it up in a book - bound like at Shutterfly. @bestcee

bestcee likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hmmm, I've never printed 6x8. Let me know what you decide to do!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

All of my DYD albums are 6x8. I don't have all of them printed, but it's on my list of things to do! Persnickety Prints does 6x8, and I've always just printed the individual pages and put them in pockets in an album. I got a really good deal on Ali Edwards 6x8 albums awhile back and bought a bunch lol.
    I have considered bound books a few times and the only thing I had ever come up with to do that was what you said about just doing an 8x8 book. If I recall correctly, on Shutterfly, you can choose a layout that centers the layout on the 8x8 page.

bestcee likes this.
  6. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I did a soft book at Shutterfly of 6 x 8’s. I printed them in the 8 x 11 size and just had a nice white border around each of the 6 x 8 “photos”.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I did a quick google search, Snapfish does 6x8 hardcovers starting at $14.99 ( I think it's in US dollars) https://www.snapfish.com/hardcover-...kuSelection=true&bspOffset=0&isLoadMore=false
    I haven't loved their print quality in Aust but everything is different here. Persnickety seems to do softcover of 6x8 ( it said they've discontinued hardcovers for now - ?covid/supply chain related) &
    Photobookgirl also has a few others listed & compared - I've used & liked mixbook here in Aust
    https://www.photobookgirl.com/8x6-photobooks/

ETA: actually her book reviews are for 8x6 the landscape way not 6x8 the portrait way (& that's what you were after, right?)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I would do the 8x8 & do full page but leave the 2inches at the binding. The 8x8 books go on sale ALL THE TIME and often send free ones or with additional pages free. Might be the easiest & cheapest way to print a book.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Maybe check into Blurb too... they have magazine type printing options that are rectangular and they are CHEAP! That might have a bit less of the white border too.

10. Pachimac