Early or Late | pad patter 3/6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 7, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Always early...if I'm on time, I'm late :)

2. Lime

Lime Active Member

This is so funny! My dad used to do a “countdown”, and for church, for example, he would give a 30 minute warning, a 10 minute warning, a 5 minute warning, etc. “Countdown is Starting” He’d say.

So me, I used to be late for everything because I have ADD and when I have to wait, doing nothing, I get into trouble, and even if I had been early, I ended up being late because I had a lot of extra time and maybe stopped to do something and it took longer than I estimated.

BUT a few years ago it seemed as if I had a darn doctor’s/dentist appointment every week! I hated being stressed over traffic getting to a building I had never been to before, and finding the right door and office, so I started leaving home super early. Which oddly made traffic a whole lot better. Go figure. (Lol, just kidding, it just seemed like that.)

I think taking an iPad with me in the waiting room cured my ADD. Instead of deciding to clean out my car, for example, I sit in the waiting room reading forums. :)

I have decided I like being early and have been early for everything for a few years now.

haveadrpepper, my oldest and dearest friend used to be late for the school bus every single morning. The bus would literally sit in front of her house a couple minutes, honking a couple times, until she walked out. It was particularly annoying to the entire bus load of kids because (this is the early 1970s) we stood in the sub freezing -20 F street corners waiting at our bus stops.. fast forward many decades….she was still always late for everything. Fast forward to last year, and we all sat there at her funeral. Waiting. Finally they brought in her box of ashes. Yes, she was late to her own funeral! Just like we always said!

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I tend to be early. If driving, it's not uncommon for me to make a wrong turn. Best to give myself extra time to get lost. :rollin

If an appointment, it's nice to get seen early if one arrives a little early.

I also come from a culture where one HAD to be early in order to get a proper head count and roll call before forming up.

It is rude and disrespectful to make others wait on you...time is valuable.

4. Laura ODonnell

Laura ODonnell Well-Known Member

I am always early. Allowing the extra time takes so much pressure off.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm usually early. I hate being late. Add my kids into the mix though and we tend to have to do a lot of pushing to get them all out the door and somewhere on time. Sigh.

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Usually a few minutes early. I really hate being late; it totally stresses me out.

7. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I am early. I hate being late, it stresses me out. I have actually gotten the date wrong and made it to an appointment a week early--- twice! I have ADHD and stress out about time greatly. I always leave for work 30 minutes early even though it only takes 15 minutes to get there- you never know what traffic is gonna do!

8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I wonder if it was planned???

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love this. I should adopt it in my house!

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm on time to 5 minutes early if it's just me, or me and my husband. I dislike when people show up too early, so I try not to be that person. My mother in law has zero sense of time (Alzheimer's), so she's always late. Some days it's easy to get her out of the house, and other days it's hard so that can dictate if we are on time or late.

My child? Ugh. He can make us late if it's not something he wants to do. If he wants to go it, he's in the car ready to go 10 minutes early.

We are scattered.

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Early! Both hubby and I would rather be a few minutes early.

We have one child (out of 7) who is the one who makes us late. She's 15. She's usually running to our car without her hair combed or her shoes on. She always forgets to set her alarm and never has her stuff ready. We've been working on it forever. She's just super slow and likes to "smell the roses" so to speak. She's recently been asking to get a job...I told her she can't get a job until she can show she's responsible for the things she already needs to be ready for. Maybe that will motivate her.

12. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Always early. I'm usually 15 minutes early to being 15 minutes early ....

13. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I am always early, I am very rarely late for things unless its circumstances beyond my control like traffic delays.

14. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

If left to my own devices I'd probably be late most of the time because...time blindness. But my anxiety or my husband usually cancels that out so I'm on time or early (he is an early bird and my anxiety makes me stress if not on time. I think because it feels like I'm being disrespectful of other people's time or being selfish somehow if I'm late).