DYD Newbie: Inspiration Requested

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by jenevang, Nov 9, 2013.

1. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

yes... this is my 4th year, my first year I did digital and then I've done hybrid the past two years and doing hybrid again this year :)

2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Thanks so much :)

3. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Yes, mine is all digital. :). Thank you! Yes, all of the photos are mine. I'm a professional photographer and my kiddies are pretty well trained.

4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I'm doing mine digitally. I'll compile them into a mini album of sorts when I'm done (although we have so many December things, it will probably end up being a full-length album by the time I'm done), and print it as a bound book at Shutterfly. My kids seem to like looking through that format the best. And I've found, for me personally, I pretty much suck it up at hybrid, so I'm staying far far away from anything that even looks like real paper :giggle

It really is whatever YOU prefer for your album.

5. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I stay digital, too, I don't have a good printer, so hybrid is out. I have my pages printed as single A4 pages...

6. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

Hum, I'll have to see what I can come up with. I'll probably do hybrid as well. I love digital for being so easy but I love the feel of paper and the tape runner putting things together.

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

No, I do not make my pages ahead of time. I do have the same background on each page (since I use a different kit every day) and pull all my fave Christmas supplies into a folder beforehand, but that's it! I list out all the days and write in the activities that I already know will be happening on a certain day. I then have a second list of activities we will do, but can be done anytime or several different times so I can 'fill in' as the days progress. While I know that you don't HAVE TO only scrap Christmas things, I do. On a day where we don't end up doing anything Christmas-y, I will do a journaling/non-photo page of my new favorite Christmas song, reflections on Christmases past, etc.

This is my list this year:

F, 29 - [parents'] tree
    S, 30 -
    S, 01 - decorating the tree
    M, 02 - Christmas card photo shoot
    T, 03 -
    W, 04 -
    T, 05 -
    F, 06 - St. Nicholas Day
    S, 07 -
    S, 08 -
    M, 09 -
    T, 10 -
    W, 11 -
    T, 12 -
    F, 13 -
    S, 14 -
    S, 15 - Living Nativity: 5 or 6:30 pm
    M, 16 - State Museum 10 am - 5 pm FREE
    T, 17 - gingerbread craft at CCPL, 9:30 - 10 am
    W, 18 -
    T, 19 -
    F, 20 -
    S, 21 - [family] XMas
    S, 22 -
    M, 23 -
    T, 24 - Christmas Eve service
    W, 25 - Christmas

-- kids' ornaments
    -- media
    -- Nativity
    -- songs/playlists
    -- service project/Salvation Army buckets
    -- gingerbread house
    -- kids' Christmas lists
    -- special meals/new recipes
    -- Christmas cookies
    -- family jammies
    -- snow/weather
    -- preschool Christmas party
    -- CP Gingerbread Village
    -- Santa visit

HTH! I have successfully completed and printed the last two years' albums, so I know this approach will work for me.

8. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

9. star74

star74 Legoland, anyone?

Wow I love that blogpost Heather, thanks for posting!

10. ksbella

ksbella New Member

Ive done foundation pages for the first week of December, as that's our last week of school, so I'm making sure to incorporate some of those school events before we finish up and start holidays!

11. star74

star74 Legoland, anyone?

No Christmas feel here in the Netherlands until after dec 5th. That's when we celebrate Sinterklaas. So I guess next weekend will be the time that we find ourselves a tree and start decorating the house for Christmas. So the first 7-8 days are without any Christmas goodies (and I bought a LOT of them)

12. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i guess i'm taking a slightly different approach.
    not doing it day by day.
    just simply capturing all of the elements of our Christmas / advent season and compiling them in an album. So if there's nothing going on for the first week, then I have no need to include anything from the first week. I am finishing up doing this same thing for 2012, and it worked out great! The kids love the idea of being able to look back through their Christmas memories for each year.
    I figure my regular PL will address all of the other non-Christmas specific items that happen during the month.