DYD Dropout, DYD Wanna-be, and other Hybrid Projects

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by BevG, Nov 15, 2019.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So I have started the DYD project more than once and gave up about half-way through both times. I ended up just including the pages in my regular yearly albums. I love the idea but lack the time and follow-through it seems. So last year I just used my DYD supplies to make other things and will do that again this year.

Last year I printed these adorable journal cards out and hung them as a December countdown in my entryway. https://the-lilypad.com/store/An-Illustrated-Christmas-Daily-Cards-by-Becca-Bonneville.html

[​IMG]

This year I have become more obsessed with my Happy Planner and decided to plan out Christmas with it. But I waited too long and missed out on getting the Happy Planner Christmas Extension Pack in the store -- so I am going to make my own using the new DYD kits. I'll post pictures when I get it figured out. Super excited.

So if you too love the idea of the DYD album but struggle with implementation, join me and do something else instead!

Angela Toucan, Soco, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh my gosh! I love what you did with the cards on the light banner! That's gorgeous!

I love seeing how you used the DYD products in another way.

bellbird likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

super cute count down! Are the lights clips? I want to get some of those.

4. BevG

@keepscrappin - Yes - I ordered them off Amazon. They are battery operated. I don't have them up yet this year but will need to do so soon so I can start the 31 days countdown...

bellbird and keepscrappin like this.
  5. BevG

So here are my dividers for my Happy Planner: Holiday Menu, Cookies, and Gifts. For the pages I am using some free printables I found.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

you may call yourself a drop out but you really got creative and it makes me wish i had a staircase!