DYD 2018-Real Life Examples of DYD-printed books

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 16, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

The first year I did DYD, was 2011. I blogged about it HERE. Every Day! It was crazy. I did it live. Each day, I took a photo and journaled about it. I was making the clusters for a since retired designer, and she gave them away on her blog. (no longer available)
    But, this is such a great idea, to pre make your pages. This was the beginning of enjoying making our Christmas books.
    Untitled-1-copy.jpg
    2013! I went simple!! This was ridulously easy. I wasn't on a deadline. I just went thru and pulled out the photos from my December file. I went with all caps, and simple journaling. It was way fun. I did this whole book in three days!
    Untitled-2-copy.jpg

I love the way the black and white album came out, and so I stayed with the simple titles, but went a bit crazy with photos, because I was once again. Going Live and doing the pages every day! It was fast and furious, but oh so fun.
    I used
    [​IMG]
    Pocket Scrapping Template Builder

by Lynne-Marie

Untitled-3-copy.jpg
    My family loves to open them all year long, but the night before Christmas, that evening, we pull them out again. Then the kids go to sleep and my husband and I go thru them all over again. They are a blessing.
    So, I am working on last years right now:
    [​IMG]
    I opened
    [​IMG]
    December Memories 2018 - 12x12 Template Album

by Designed by Soco

Then I opened up my December photos from 2017. I have them by date and was able to fill 20 pages! Now, I am every day, making(adding the fun stuff) 3-5 pages a day. I may not make December deadline for presents. But I will make it for Christmas eve...
    my honey and I will have all these books in our laps, and be reminded of the joy and blessings of Christmas in our lives!

So, don't kick yourself for not doing this year...Grab a Christmas past and and start today!

shameless plug.. Get a head start at chat today! The cover can be your motivation!

mnjenlittle, QuiltyMom and Danyale like this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Anne, you never cease to amaze me! Wonderful!!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love the idea to go through them Christmas Eve. Time for me to get started!

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What wonderful books, Anne! They're different each year and all so beautiful! Looking at them on Christmas Eve gives me the warm fuzzies. :tree:beat:beat:beat

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Your books are so beautiful, Anne!!

6. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

I made ones for the last 2 years since my son was born. I got them printed at Shutterfly in 10x10 size. I don't have a picture of them printed, but I think I can share the pages through Shutterfly if anyone is interested!

I used a variety of pocket-style templates and Christmas kits.

Here's a link to my 2016 album
    https://artsylynn.shutterfly.com/pictures/10

Here's a link to my December 2017 album
    https://artsylynn.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Here's my 2016 cover, I love how it turned out (using a really old kit from Rachel Jefferies, and her newly re-released Fa La La La La!)
    cover.jpg

Mrivas likes this.